AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
AIIMS entrance examination is scheduled on all India basis for admission to best medical colleges in India. AIIMS MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam is one of the most popular and prestigious medical examinations in the country. AIIMS MBBS 2018 examination is regulated by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and is a national level examination for providing admission to students in the MBBS Programme offered by AIIMS, New Delhi, Rishikesh, Bhubaneswar, Patna, Raipur, Bhopal, and Jodhpur. This exam will be conducted through CBT (computer-based test) in various cities. AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be organized to offer admission to 700 MBBS seats offered by AIIMS institutions. The application form has been started from 5th February 2018. Check all the details about AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam, including the application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc in the below article.
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: MTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: BBA Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: LLB Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: B.Des Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Notification
- AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam Date has declared, Examination will be held on 26th & 27th May 2018. And the result will be announced on 12th June 2018.
- AIIMS MBBS Application form are available now from 5th February 2018. To apply online for the examination- Click here
- The last date to fill AIIMS MBBS 2018 is 5th March 2018 (5:00 PM).
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Important Dates
|Starting of Online registration||5th February 2018|
|Last date for online registration||5th March 2018 (5:00 PM)|
|Status of Registration||Last week of Mar 2018|
|Last date for complying with deficiencies in application||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Release of Admit card||1st week of May 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam date||26th & 27th May 2018|
|Announcement of Result||12th June 2018|
|Counselling – 1st Round||3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th July 2018|
|Counselling – 2nd Round||2nd August 2018|
|Counseling – 3rd Round||4th September 2018|
|Open counselling||27th September 2018|
Read Also: NEET 2018 Complete Exam Details
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Application Form
The application has to be filled only through online mode from the official website of AIIMS. The applicants will have to fill all the required details in the application form. They also have to upload the scanned images of their photographs & signatures. The application fee also has to be paid to complete the application procedure. The applicants are advised to keep the printout of their application forms for future reference.
- The applicants must have qualified 12th standard or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- The applicants must have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2018 at the time of admission.
- Subjects in the qualifying examination should be English & PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)
- The applicants must have scored 60% aggregate marks in the subjects taken together (50% for reserved categories).
- The application fee can be paid either through online (credit/debit card/net banking) or offline (through SBI e-challan).
- The applicants are advised to keep the copy of payment receipt for further reference.
- The application fee structure is as follows:
|General & Other Backward Classes [Both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers]||Rs.1000/-||As Applicable||Rs.1000.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.800/-||As Applicable||Rs.800.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
AIIMS MBBS Distribution of Seats
There are total 672 seats to be allotted in 7 participating AIIMS across the country. Out of 672 seats, 72 seats will be allotted to AIIMS Delhi and the rest 600 will be distributed to remaining 6 institutes of AIIMS. The distributions of seats are as follows:
|AIIMS & location||UR||OBC||SC||ST||Total|
|Total No. of seats||337||181||101||53||672|
Selection Criteria of AIIMS MBBS 2018
The applicants will be selected based on their performance in the entrance examination. The preferences for the participating institutions except AIIMS Delhi should be mentioned in the application form. The seats will be allotted based on merit cum choice of the applicants.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be held in online mode and question paper will be available in Hindi & English both.
- There will be total 200 questions of MCQ type mostly from 11th & 12th standard syllabus.
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours & 30 minutes.
- The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer and 1/3rd marks will be deducted as penalty of each wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
Check Here: AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern Complete Details
Reservation of Seat
- The seat reservation will be followed by 7.5% ST, 15% SC and 27% OBC, for Indian Nationals with a 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis.
The seat matrix in the seven AIIMS is as the following:
|Location of AIIMS||UR||OBC||SC||ST||OPH||Foreign*||Total|
|New Delhi||37||19||11||05||3% Horizontal||0*||72*|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card
- Eligible applicants can download the admit card through online only.
- Admit card will be released from the first week of May 2018.
- Without admit card applicants will not be permitted to enter the examination hall.
- Applicants are suggested to keep the printout of the admit card for further need.
- The admit card will not be sent by post.
- Download AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2018- Click Here
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Result
- The result will be available to students in the second week of June 2018.
- Applicants can check the results via online mode through the website.
- Take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission procedure.
- Check Result for AIIMS MBBS 2018- Click Here
- Download AIIMS MBBS Answer Key- Click Here
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Cut-off
It is the minimum score which has to be secured to get admission in AIIMS. The cut-off score for different categories is mentioned below:
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||45%|
|SC / ST||40%|
|OPH||Cut-offs of the respective category|
Read Also: Complete details for AIIMS MBBS Cutoff
- Counselling for first round will be started from 3rd July 2018.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in entrance exam.
- For all the categories, the merit list will be prepared separately.
- Applicants will be invited for counselling on the basis of rank secured in the merit list.
- At the given date & time mentioned on the call letter, the applicants are required to report at the venue with original documents for counselling process.
- You are required to bring the following documents at time of counselling:
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as a proof of date of Birth
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- Certificate & Mark-sheet of Secondary Class mentioning DOB/Certificate
- You should also bring the following certificates, if applicable in your case:
- Marks Sheet of Sr. Secondary Class (12th Class)
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority. Sub caste should be clearly mentioned in the certificate.
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. PH certificate issued by any other Authority / Hospital will NOT be entertained.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/Jobs. (OBC applicants belonging to the Creamy Layer shall not be eligible for reserved seats).
- Syllabus will be based on the standard of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science.
- It will consist of various subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and General Knowledge/ Aptitude.
- Applicants can prepare for the exam from the above mentioned subjects. Detailed syllabus is as following:
|Some basic concepts of chemistry|
|States of matter|
|Classification of elements and periodicity in properties|
|Equilibrium in physical & chemical processes ionic equilibrium|
|Solid state chemistry|
|General principles & processes of isolation of elements|
|D and f block elements|
|Some basic principles of organic chemistry|
|Purification & characteristics of carbon compounds|
|Organic compounds with functional group containing halogens (X)|
|Organic compounds with functional group containing oxygen|
|Organic compounds with functional group containing nitrogen|
|Chemistry in everyday life|
Biology (Botany and Zoology)
|Diversity in living world|
|Cell- the unit of life/structure/function|
|Genetics and evolution|
|Structure and function- plants|
|Structure and function- animals|
|Reproduction/growth/movement in plants|
|Reproduction and development in human|
|Ecology and environment|
|Biology and human welfare|
|Biotechnology and its applications|
|Introduction & Management|
|Description of motion in one dimension|
|Description of motion in two and three dimension|
|Laws of motion|
|Work, energy and power|
|Heat and Thermodynamics|
|Thermal and Chemical Effects of currents|
|Magnetic effects of current|
|Electromagnetic induction and alteration currents|
|Ray optics and optical instruments|
|Electrons and photons|
|Atoms, molecules and nuclei|
|Solids and semiconductor devices|
General Knowledge Syllabus
- Current Affairs
- Punch line of companies
- Top officials of big companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- History etc
AIIMS MBBS 2018: Important Points
- The prospectus will ONLY be available on the AIIMS website.
- Applicant ID and Password will be sent to registered email ID and mobile number of applicants. You are advised to remember the password and also retain a printout of your registration form and admit card till completion of admission process.
- You do not have to indicate your choice at the time of online registration. You will be able to exercise your choice at the time of counseling, if called.
- The city/center of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and no requests in this regard will be entertained.
- No documents are required to be uploaded during the Online Registration /Application process, but you have to upload scanned images of your Photograph, left thumb impression and signature at the time of registration.
- No change/editing in registration form is allowed after registration closing date as mentioned in the prospectus.