Bank Exams 2017-18 / Banking Exams in India : Bank examinations are scheduled across India for the recruitment of candidates in numerous posts in banking sector which includes Nationalized Banks, Private Banks and Specialized Banks.
1. SBI PO Exam (State Bank Probationary Officer)- Check here
2. SBI Specialist Officer Exam (State Bank of India Specialist Officer Examination)
3. SBI Clerk Exam (State Bank of India Clerk Examination)- Check here
4. IBPS SO (Specialist Officer Combined Written Examination)- Click here
5. IBPS PO CWE (IBPS PO Exam) – Check here
6. IBPS Clerk CWE (IBPS Clerk Exam)
7. RBI Assistant Exam (Reserved Bank of India Assistant Examination)
8. RBI Exam (Reserved Bank of India Exam)
9. I.C Exam (G.I.C Officer’s Examination)
IBPS Exam Calendar 2017-18 has released- Check here
Eligibility for Bank Exams in India
- Banking sector in India consists of commercial banks as well as co-operative banks. Every bank has different eligibility criteria for different posts.
- In general the candidates applying for bank exams are need to be graduate from any discipline for entry point officer cadre posts in many commercial banks.
- Recent trends have shown that private banks invite applications from 1st class graduate candidates for officer trainee positions, whereas public sector banks invite 1st class to apply for PO.
- Clerical cadre recruitment may appoint those applicants who have cleared higher secondary OR graduation and very rarely takes place in private banks and public sector banks.
- Foreign OR Private Banks- Officers or other candidates will be taken from parent organization on merit basis.
- Nationalized Commercial Banks- The age limit for PO is maximum 28 years and must be a graduate.
- RBI- For the recruitment of Reserve Bank Officers (Grade A/B) examination will be held by RBI Services Board, Mumbai. The age limit is from 21 years to 26 years and must be a graduate/post-graduate/CA/MBA.
- State Bank and Other Nationalized Banks- The age limit for PO is maximum 28 years and must be a graduate.
Examination Pattern and admission procedure for Banking Exams
- Foreign/Private Banks– Management institutes such as, Xavier Labour Relation Institute, University of Delhi, IIMs, and University of Bombay make the selection. Candidates will go through orientation program for 3 weeks before 6 month to 1 year, they appoint as Assistant Manager.
- Nationalized Commercial Banks– Advertising for these banks is done through banking services recruitment boards (BSRB).
- Reserved Bank of India– For the post of Grade I examinations are conducted across India. RBI examination includes General Mental Ability Paper and English Proficiency Paper.
- State Bank and Other Nationalized Banks– Written test and PI for PO recruitment is conducted by the Central Recruitment Board.
For more details about these examination you may access the official website for respective examination.