The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) conducts NET (National Eligibility Test) two times in a year. CBSE conducts this examination at national level to get eligible candidates for Assistant Professor or for both Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor. The application forms for CBSE NET January 2017 will be available from 17th October 2016 and the candidates can than apply for the examination. The candidates have to apply only through online mode only.
Important Notice- Last date to apply for UGC NET is extended from 16th November 2016 till 23rd November 2016 and Last date for fee submission is 24th November 2016.
Note- This time December attempt is going to held in January 2017
Important Dates for UGC NET 2017 (January)
|Online Application form submission start from||17th October 2016|
|Last date to apply||23rd November 2016|
|Last date of submission of fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (CANARA/ICICI/SYNDICATE/HDFC)||24th November 2016|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on official website||28th November to 3rd December 2016|
|Admit Card availability||21st December 2016|
|Examination Date||22nd January 2017|
CBSE UGC NET January 2017 Application Procedure
UGC NET 2017 Application process will be started from 17th October 2016, after release of official notice for National Eligibility Test, all the interested candidates may apply for this examination by accessing official website. We will also update online application link on this page.
How to apply for CBSE UGC NET January 2017
1. The candidates have to access official link of CBSE NET Click here>>
2. The candidates have to mention whether they want to apply only for Assistant Professor or for both Assistant Professor and JRF.
3. The candidates are advised to be ready with their scanned photograph and signature. The specification of the photograph and signature is as follows-
- The scanned photograph and signature shod be in JPG format.
- The size of the photograph should be 4kb to 40kb.
- The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) and 4.5 cm (height).
- The size of the signature should be 4kb to 30kb.
- The dimension of the signature should be 3.5 cm (width) and 1.5 cm (height).
4. The candidates have to fill all the required details in the applications. They also have to pay application fee either through credit/debit card or through e-challan.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent scoring minimum 55% (without rounding off) from any university.
- The candidates who have already qualified OR will qualify Master’s degree OR whose results are still awaited OR the examination has been postponed (whichever may be the case) are also eligible to apply for CBSE NET.
- The Ph.D holder candidates who have completed their Master’s degree by 19th September 1991 are eligible to get 5% relaxation in the aggregate score.
- The candidates who belongs to General category have to pay Rs. 600/- as application fee.
- The candidates who belongs to OBC category have to pay Rs. 300/- as application fee.
- The candidates who belongs to SC/ST/PWD category have to pay Rs. 150/- as application fee.
Note- For more details about CBSE UGC NET 2017 (January), candidates are requested to visit official website. National Eligibility Test January 2017 Notification will be available from 15th October 2016.