CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria: The candidates who are interested in CBSE NET June 2016 must go through all the eligibility criteria before they apply for the examination. They should ensure whether they meet all the eligibility criteria or not. If they fail to do so then they will not be able to apply for CBSE NET 2016. The eligibility criteria for CBSE NET June 2016 have been framed by the University Grants Commission (examination governing body). The eligibility criteria for CBSE NET 2016 are discussed below, the appearing candidates go through these criteria-
CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates applying for CBSE NET 2016 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The appearing candidates of final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those candidates will get 5% relaxation in aggregate marks whose master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991.
- The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
Nationality- The candidates applying for CBSE NET December 2016 must be a citizen of India.
- The candidates applying for JRF must have aged below or equal to 28 years. The SC/ST/PWD/OBC and women candidates will be given 5 years age relaxation.
- There will be no upper age limit for the post of Lecturer/Assistant Professor.
- The age relaxation is also provisioned for the candidates with experience of research (provided they have to obtain a certificate of the same to get the relaxation).
- The categorical relaxation in age will be allowed on the ground of producing relevant certificate.
- The candidates will not get any age relaxation of more than 5 years either through one or multiple clause.
- The certificates which will be considered as the proof of age are 10th standard marksheet or passing certificate and DOB certificate.