CLAT 2018 Application form, Exam date, Eligibility, Pattern
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2018 is a gateway to Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate and Integrated Law programs at various National Law Universities of India. It is a national level examination scheduled by 17 NLUs (National Law Universities). The applicants who are interested in CLAT 2018 can check out the important details related to the examination in this article.
CLAT 2018 Notification
- CLAT 2018 Registration process will be started from 1st week of January 2017 (Tentatively). Click Here to apply online for CLAT 2018.
- How to Prepare for CLAT 2018- Check Here
CLAT 2018 Important Dates
|Issuance of 1st admission notification||2nd week of December 2017|
|Commencement of online application||1st week of January 2018|
|Closing date to submit filled-in online application form||last week of March 2018|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of April 2018|
|Examination date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Release of answer key||2nd week of May 2018|
|Results declaration||3rd week of May 2018|
|Release of merit list||1st week of June 2018|
|Counseling will starts from||1st week of June 2018|
CLAT 2018 Application Form
The application forms for CLAT 2018 will be available online at the official website from 1st week of January 2018. The applicants are advised to go through eligibility criteria before filling the application form. They need to be ready with scanned images of photograph and signature, SC/ST/SAP certificates (if applicable) and domicile certificates (if applicable) as well. The applicants should apply before the last date of application which is last week of March 2018 (tentatively).
The applicants will have to pay Rs. 4,000/- (for UR, OBC, SAP applicants) as application fee. The application fee for SC/ST applicants is Rs. 3,500/-. The application fee can be paid either online or offline mode. The application fee once paid will not be refunded in any circumstances.
Courses offered by NLUs
- B.S.W. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.
- B.Sc. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
CLAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
For UG Courses
- The applicants must have cleared higher secondary or equivalent scoring minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST).
- The appearing applicants can also apply (Provided they have to produce the evidence of qualifying the examination at the time of admission).
- There is no upper age limit to appear in CLAT 2018.
For PG Courses
- The applicants must have qualified LL.B or equivalent scoring minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST). The appearing applicants can also apply (Provided they have to produce the evidence of qualifying the examination at the time of admission).
- There is no upper age limit to appear in the entrance examination for PG courses.
CLAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria Complete Details- Check Here
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The CLAT 2018 will be conducted in online mode. The medium of the examination will be in English. The examination pattern is different for UG & PG courses- Check Here
For UG Courses
The question paper will be total of 200 marks. The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. The duration of examination will be 2 hours.
|English including comprehension||40 marks|
|General knowledge & current affairs||50 marks|
|Elementary mathematics (numerical ability)||20 marks|
|Legal aptitude||50 marks|
|Logical reasoning||40 marks|
For PG Courses
There will be total 150 MCQ type questions with total duration of 2 hours for CLAT 2018 examination. The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|Constitutional Law||50 marks|
|Other subjects such as contract, torts, criminal law, international law, IPR etc.||50 marks|
CLAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
The examination syllabus will be prepared by the examination authority. The syllabus of CLAT 2018 will cover the topics of GK & current affairs, Legal aptitude, Elementary mathematics, Constitutional laws etc. CLAT 2018 Exam Syllabus- Check Here
CLAT 2018 Hall Ticket
The tentative schedule for the availability of CLAT 2018 form is from third week of April 2018. Candidates will receive their admit card through e-mail or by post. The admit card contains all the basic details like candidate’s name, roll number, candidate’s photo, exam date and exam venue etc. A candidate has to bring the CLAT 2018 Admit Card on the day of exam as to gain access in the examination hall. The candidates are required to carry one ID Proof (Aadhar Card/Voter ID/ Passport/Driving license) along with the admit card. Download CLAT Admit Card- Click Here
CLAT 2018 Answer Key
- CLAT 2018 Answer Key contains the correct answers to all the questions that have been asked in the examination.
- With the help of the answer key, students can estimate that how much marks and score they will secure in the examination.
- The CLAT 2018 Answer key will get published after few days of the commencement of the entrance by the conducting authority.
- The official answer key will be published by the authority via online mode on to the official portal.
- CLAT 2018 Answer Key Details- Check Here
CLAT 2018 Result/Rank
The results will be declared in May 2018 (tentative). Candidates can check their result on www.clat.ac.in by accessing through their personal LOGIN ACCOUNT.
Complete merit list according to the marks secured by the candidate will be published on the CLAT website. also, the state specific and all India merit lists will be prepared for various categories like Open/SC/ST/OBC/Women and PWD etc. candidates. CLAT 2018 Result and Cutoff- Check Here
CLAT 2018 Counseling
Counseling will start from June 2018 (tentative). Candidate, where they want to take admission, must indicate their NLUs preference online. Admission will be done on the basis of merit-cum-preference and there will be a centralized admission process for CLAT 2018. CLAT Counselling Schedule- Check Here