BITSAT 2018 Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani conducts university level entrance BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test) to offer admission to eligible applicants in the 1st year of numerous UG & PG courses. The institute offers admission to deserving applicants in 3 campuses- K.K.Birla Goa Campus, Pilani Campus, and Hyderabad Campus. BITSAT 2018 Notification has been released in 19th December 2017.
- At K.K Birla Goa Campus– BE (Computer science, Chemical, Instrumentation & mechanical, electrical & electronics)
- At Pilani Campus– BE (Chemical, computer science, civil, electrical & electronics, electronics & instrumentation, manufacturing & mechanical)/ B.Pharm/ M.Sc (Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, General Studies, Physics)
- At Hyderabad Campus– BE (Chemical, electronics & communication, computer science, mechanical & manufacturing, electrical & electronics, civil, electronics & instrumentation)/ B.Pharm/ M.Sc (Mathematics, Chemistry, Biological Sciencess, Physics & economics)
BITSAT 2018 Notification
BITSAT 2018 Application Process starts from 19th December 2017. Click here to apply for BITSAT 2018.
BITSAT 2018: Important Dates
|Starting of Online application||19th December 2018|
|Submission of the online application last date||13th March 2018 (5:00 PM)|
|Corrections in application form||15th – 19th March 2018|
|Test centre allotment||21st March 2018|
|Exam Slot booking||23rd March – 5th April 2018|
|Admit card||12th April – 10th May 2018|
|Exam (CBT) Schedule||16th – 31st May 2018|
|Apply for admission to the institute||1st May – 18th June 2018|
|Release of Admit List/Wait List||20th June 2018|
BITSAT 2018 Application Form Details
The applications will be available from 19th of December 2018 and can be filled only online from the official website of BITSAT. The applicants also have to pay application fee of Rs. 2200/- (Rs. 1700/- for female applicants). Those applicants who have opted for Dubai as examination center, have to pay the US $50 (Rs. 3100/-) for both male & female applicants. The application fee can be paid either online (through net banking, credit/debit card) or offline (through cash payment at any branch of ICICI bank). The applicants are suggested to keep the print out of duly filled application form for further reference.
- The applicants should have cleared higher secondary or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English subject to apply for all the programs (except B.Pharm).
- For B.Pharm the applicants must have qualified higher secondary or equivalent with PCB or PCM group with English as a subject.
- The applicants should have scored 75% in PCB or PCM groups. The applicants who are appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply for BITSAT 2018.
- The applicants who have qualified higher secondary or equivalent in 2016 or before are not eligible to apply for BITSAT 2018.
- Check complete details BITSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria- Click Here
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be scheduled in online mode.
- There will be 4 sections in the questions paper- Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning and Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm).
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- There will be total 150 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 3 marks for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
- Check BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern Details- Click Here
|Sections||Subjects||No. of questions|
|III||A) English Proficiency||15|
|B) Logical Reasoning||10|
|IV||C) Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
BITSAT 2018 Admission Procedure
The applicants of all the state and central board of India who score 1st rank will get direct admission to the course of their own choice. The applicants who are applying for admission have to submit the admission applications along with 12th standard’s mark sheet and preferences to different degree courses offered with required application fee before the due date at this address-
The Dean Admissions,
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus
The examination syllabus of BITSAT will be based on NCERT books of 11th & 12th standards. The questions will be set from different topics such as Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, and Biology. The detailed syllabus is mentioned here:
Verbal Ability, Analogies, Syllogisms, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Comprehension, Word Formation, Conclusion, Composition etc.
Complex numbers, Theory of Quadratic equations, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Logarithms and their properties, Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle, etc.
Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Electro Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Hydrogen and s-block elements, etc.
Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Rotational Motion etc.
Cell – The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, and Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, etc.
Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Binary Logic, Syllogism, Classification Test, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, etc.
Books for BITSAT
- Comprehensive Coverage of NCERT Syllabus for Classes 11 and 12 (English) 4th Edition – Arihant Publication
- BITSAT English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning PB (English)
- BITSAT Explorer 2016 (With CD) (English) by MTG Editorial Board
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT (English) by One Learn Education
- 13 Practice Papers BITSAT 2016 PB 8th Edition by G K P
- Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test – with Mosk Test CD (English) by Disha Experts
BITSAT 2018 Admit Card
- Applicants will have the admit card in their hand from 12th April – 10th May 2018.
- Applicants should have their admit card with them at the time of commencement of exam.
- Admit card shall have the details as candidates’ name, exam’s name, timing and venue, photo, and date of birth as well.
- Download BITSAT Admit Card 2018- Click Here
BITSAT 2018 Slot Booking
As per the expectation, the candidates can book their slot before April 2018 and it was expected that the examination of BITSAT will be conducted in the 16th – 31st May 2018 so it is necessary to book the slot in order to gain the admit card issued in the favour of the candidate. Candidates were being required to reserve their date and timings (slot booking) on which date they would like to appear for the aptitude test. The booking would be on the basis of first-cum-first basis. For more details about slot booking- Click Here
BITSAT 2018 Answer Key
- The answer key will be available online in PDF Format.
- Candidates must add marks for the correct answer and deduct marks for the incorrect answer, to calculate the expected score.
- Candidates must refer to the Exam Pattern to know the distribution of marks for each section.
- The answer key which corresponds to the exam paper must be downloaded.
- Download BITSAT 2018 Answer Key- Click Here
BITSAT 2018 Result
- The result will be announced on the official website of the Institute.
- The selection for admission will be based on the merit prepared by the Institute.
- The merit will be prepared on the basis of marks attained by the candidates in the entrance exam.
- All the successful candidates will get admission in the institute to pursue their desired course.
- Check Result for BITSAT 2018- Click Here
BITSAT 2018: Important Points
- The application form for BITSAT will be available online on the official website of the Institute.
- Along with that applicants shall have to submit the application fee also.
- Applicants will have to submit the duly filled application form online thru the official website.
- Applicants choosing Dubai as exam centre will have to pay Rs. 4000 as application fee.
- The application fee is Rs. 2750 for all the male applicants and it is Rs. 2250 for all the female applicants.
- It is quite crucial to have the printout of the duly filled application form for later reference.
- Candidates can pay the application fee thru the credit card, debit card, and net banking.