NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) 2018 is a national level aptitude test managed by the Council of Architecture which is conducted for admission into the architecture programme all across India. NATA 2018 Exam Pattern is very important for the candidate which will be helpful for the students to prepare well accordingly. NATA exam will be organized only once in a year. Through this entrance, candidates will get admission to 5 years of B.Arch programme. NATA score card will be taken into consideration be various private & governments aided institutes or colleges. NATA 2018 Exam Pattern will consist mode of examination, no. of questions, marking scheme, negative marking etc.
Details of NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Examination will be conducted via offline mode (pen paper based).
- Type of Question: questions will be asked from Mathematics & General Aptitude which will be multiple choice questions.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Total Questions– 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will carry of 200 marks.
- Subjects: NATA 2018 question paper will be divided into three sections, i.e. Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
- Marking Scheme:2 marks will be awarded to the for each right response in Mathematics & General Aptitude test
- Negative marking- No marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates have to obtain a minimum of 25% marks in MCQ portion (30 out of 120) & 25% marks in Drawing portion (20 out of 80).
|PART A (90 minutes)|
|PART B (90 minutes)|
|Drawing Two sets in A4 size paper||80|
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern consists of two Papers:
Test 1 – Online Test
Aesthetic Sensitivity – It carries 100 marks with the duration of 1 Hour
Test 2 – Paper Based Drawing Test
Drawing – It carries 100 marks with the duration of 2 hours.
- NATA 2018 Exam Details
- NATA Application Form 2018
- NATA Eligibility Criteria 2018
- NATA Counselling 2018
- NATA Admit Card 2018
- NATA Answer Key 2018
- NATA Result & Cutoff 2018
The Scoring Process:
This examination is focuses on drawing section i.e. drawing, imagination and observation skills will be judged.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Section
- The candidate’s performance will be judged on the basis questions he/she opted.
- This section is computer adaptive, if correct answer is selected next question will be of higher difficulty level and vice versa if wrong answer is selected next question will be of lower difficulty level basis of the requirements of the test design.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
NATA 2018 exam will consists of 2 papers, the syllabus for which is mentioned below:
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
- Analytical Reasoning
- Identifying commonly used material and objects based on their texture
- Visualising different sides of three dimensional objects
- Mental ability
- Architectural awareness (General Knowledge question about architecture, famous, building etc.)
- Visualising three dimensional objects through two dimensional drawing
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Perspective Drawing
- You should be able to combine three dimensional object to from stable structure and depict in sketching
- Learn to sketch given object proportionately and rendering in a visually appear ling manner
- Light and Shadow on object and its surrounding
- Sense of Scale and proportion
- You should be able to sketch two dimensional composition using given shape and form.
- Colour composition, Sense of colour
- Memory Drawing
- NATA 2018 Exam Pattern consists of details related to mode of examination, total no. of questions, marking scheme, negative marking etc.
- NATA 2018 Exam will be conducted via offline mode (Pen & paper based).
- Total question will be asked in the examination is 60 which carries 200 marks and the duration of the examination will be of 3hrs.
- Candidate have to score atleast 25% marks in MCQ portion (i.e. 30 out of 120) & 25% marks in Drawing portion (i.e. 20 out of 80).