GATE 2018 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is one of the popular examinations of the country which is regulated jointly by 7 IITs (Guwahati, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Mumbai, Kanpur, Delhi and Chennai) and IISC rotationally. GATE is a gateway for eligible applicants to get admission in various PG engineering courses such as M.Tech, M.E offered by IITs, NITs, other GFTI and many other private institutions. The direct admission in Ph.D. course has also been done through GATE. GATE 2018 will be organized by IIT Guwahati. Let’s have a look at the details of Notification GATE 2018- eligibility criteria, application form, exam date, admit card, syllabus etc.
GATE 2018 Overview
GATE 2018 Notification
- GATE 2018 Official notification has released. And GATE 2018 Registration process will be started from 1st September 2017.
- GATE 2018 Application form: How to register for GATE- Check Here
- Some Good Books to Prepare for GATE 2018- Check Here
- How to Get Prepared for GATE 2018- Check Here
GATE 2018: Important Dates
|Gate 2018 Application Form Start||September 01, 2017 (Friday)|
|Last date to apply||October 05, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Last date of Request for Change in City||November 17, 2017 (Friday)|
|Application Form Correction||Second week of November 2017|
|GATE 2018 Admit Card Availability||January 05, 2018 (Friday)|
|GATE 2018 Online Exam Date (CBT)||February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Result declaration||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Availability of Score Card||Last week of May 2018|
GATE 2018 Registration
- GATE Registration 2017 will available via online mode only from 01, September 2017.
- Candidates could complete their registration process through GOAPS.
- The candidate had to fill his/her personal details online.
- The candidate had to upload the certificate, scanned signature and photograph.
- Application fee payment could be processed through online or offline by net banking or debit card or e-challan.
GATE for International Candidates
The examination shall be held for international candidates in Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
|Qualifying degree||Qualifying degree/examination||Description of eligible applicants||Year of qualifying cannot be later than|
|M.Sc/ M.A/ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the system Sc./ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in 4th year or already completed||2018|
|B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree in eng./ tech. (4 year after 12th or 3 years of diploma in eng./tech.) & appearing applicants in final year of such program||Currently in final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post B.Sc)||Post-B.Sc integrated master’s degree course in eng./ technology (4th year program)||Currently in 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year or already completed||2020|
|B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech or dual degree (after diploma or 12th)||Integrated master’s degree program or dual degree program in eng./ tehc. (5 years program)||Currently in 4th/ 5thyear or already completed||2019|
|B.Sc (Research)/ B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Sc. (Post-diploma/4 years after 12th)||Currently in 4th year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.E-M.S||Integrated M.Sc or 5 year integrated B.S-M.S program||Currently in 4th year or already completed||2018|
|Professional society examinations (equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch)||B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Tech equivalent examinations of professional societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g, AIME by Institution of eng.- India, AMICE by Institute of Civil engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
The applicants who have already completed their qualifying examination in 2018 or before have to submit the degree certificate/ provisional certificate. The appearing applicants are required to submit a certificate from the principal.
Check GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria Complete Details- Click Here
|The application fee for women/SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 750/-|
|The application fee for other applicants||Rs. 1500/-|
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- There will be total 23 papers in GATE.
- There will be total 65 questions.
- The examination will be of total 100 marks.
- 55 questions will be based on the core subjects and engineering mathematics.
- These 55 questions will be of total 85 marks and rest 10 questions will be of total 15 marks.
- The examination will be divided into two parts:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)- These type of questions will be of total 1 or 2 marks. Each question will have four options and out of them, you have to choose the correct.
- Numerical Answer Questions- These types of questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. Candidates need to answer by using the virtual keypad. There will be no options provided for this section.
- Check GATE Exam Pattern 2018 for all Papers- Click Here
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3 hours|
|General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics:
|25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
GATE 2018 Syllabus
GATE syllabus comprises of 23 papers. GATE syllabus for all Paper- Check Here
Papers to Apply for GATE
|3.||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|7.||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|9.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|13.||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|21.||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|22.||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|23.||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
GATE 2018 Applications Correction
- The correction in application forms can be done from 2nd week of November 2017.
- The changes will be done in category, gender & examination city.
- All the corrections will done only through online mode.
- There will be no challan payment accepted for correction.
- Any kind of changes are not allowed in GATE paper.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
The GATE 2018 Admit Card will be available on the official site from 5th of January 2018. The candidates have to log in to the GOAPS by using their enrollment ID and email address. This is one of the most important documents to give this examination so make sure you keep it safe till the examination gets finished. Download GATE Admit Card 2018- Click Here
GATE 2018 Answer Key
The authority will release GATE Answer Key 2018 on to the official portal after the commencement of the examination by IIT. The answer key is the key which contains all the correct answer and with the help of it, candidates can estimate their result. Answer key will be available in PDF format. Download Answer Key- Click Here
- The virtual calculator will be provided during online examination.
- It is the online calculator which contains all the operations and functions for carrying out calculations.
- No physical calculator will be allowed in the examination hall.
- For solving Numerical Answer Type Questions, students have to use the virtual calculator.
GATE 2018 Score Card
- Score card reflects the candidate’s performance in entrance test.
- The qualified candidates are provided with a GATE score card.
- The Score Card will be having the validity of three years from the date of announcement of result.
- From the 17th of March 2018, the facility to download the score card will be available.
GATE 2018 Cut Off
The cut off marks will be declared differently by each participating institute and it will also be distinct for different courses. Various public and private sector undertakings that consider GATE scores for employment purposes will also declare their own cut off marks. The cut off marks will be published in the official website. GATE Cut off Marks, Previous Years Cutoff and Expected cutoff Marks- Check Here
GATE 2018 Counseling Procedure
Indian institution of Technologies (IITs) will not engage in the activity of organizing a common GATE Counselling for granting admission to various PG courses. After the declaration of official GATE 2018 result, candidates have to register separately to various IITs. All the NITs will organize the Centralized Counselling for PG engineering programmes such as M.Arch. / M.Tech. /M.Plan. Procedure for GATE 2018 Counselling- Check Here
- The procedure of counseling will be scheduled by CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan).
- The counseling will start once the results for GATE 2017 will be declared.
- The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of applicants’ performance in the written examination.
GATE 2018 Exam Syllabus
- There will be total 23 papers in GATE 2018 and the applicants will have to choose only one paper as per their choice.
- There will be a separate syllabus for each paper.
- The applicants can check the detailed syllabus for each paper from the official website of GATE 2018.
GATE 2018: Important Points