GPAT – Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is a well-known entrance examination which gets organized each year by AICTE. The motive of conducting this examination is to provide admission in Master’s degree in pharmacy. All the candidates who want to get the best college for studying MPharma they apply for this entrance examination. Each notification comes with few important points which must be fulfilled by the interested candidates such as educational qualification, age limit, selection criteria, examination pattern and all the important dates regarding the examination. All these criteria’s are very important to be fulfilled by the candidates. In this article we have collected all the important details regarding GPAT 2017 so that you will not have to look around for these.
GPAT 2017 Registration
GPAT 2017 Registration will be started from 10th October 2016. Candidates can apply via online till 10th December 2016. Eligible and interested Candidate can register yourself between the given dates.
|General / OBC Candidates||Rs. 1400 + Bank charges as applicable|
|Female / SC / ST / PwD Candidates||Rs. 700 + Bank charges as applicable|
- Registration fees can be paid only though online mode of Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking & Cash Payment.
- Registration fees can be submitted at any of the SBI Branch.
- For Cash Payment, candidates have to generate the challan from official website and visit nearest SBI branch on the next day to pay cash.
GPAT 2017 Important Dates- Announced
|GPAT 2017 Online Registration Starts||10th October 2016|
|Last date to Register online|
|GPAT 2017 Exam Date||28th & 29th January 2017|
|Result Declaration||Will be updated soon|
|Score Card availability||Will be updated soon|
- To apply for this examination, candidates must have done graduation in Pharmacy i.e. B.Pharm from a well-known university.
- Candidates who are appearing B.Pharma, they are also eligible to apply for GPAT but during the counselling they must bring their result with them otherwise their registration will be cancelled.
- There is no age limit for GPAT
- There is no need to send Printed copy of application form to GPAT Authority.
- Registration Fee can be done through only Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking & e-Challan.
How To Apply
Step 1: Self Registration
Before moving forward with this mode, you must be aware of all the parameters for GPAT 2017.
- Candidates will have to register themselves from the official website- Register here.
- Candidates need to fill all the necessary information and then submit it. While filling up the details, one should always take care of the details as if once the detail is filled, you can’t change it.
- After that login ID and password will be generated. It would be of 6 digits.
Step 2: Application Fee Payment
After filling the form, next thing which you are supposed to do is to complete the payment section. Candidates can pay the application fee via online as well as offline mode. The E Challan should be made via any SBI branch whereas for online mode you can use Debit Card, Credit Card or Net banking. Once the payment is done, then confirmation text will be sent to the number which was provided by the candidates on the application form.
Step 3: Submission of Form
Once the payment is done then candidates need to login by entering the login ID and Password. After getting logged in, you can review the details or change them as well. Lastly after checking each and every detail completely, you can finally submit the form.
Required details for Registration
- Personal Details
- Address Details
- Qualification Details
- Valid Email-ID and Contact Number
- Scanned photograph (image-140X160 and not larger than 60Kb)
- Scanned signature (image-60X90 an not larger than 30Kb)
This examination test will have total 125 questions for total 500 marks. For each correct answer, candidate will be rewarded 4 marks and for each wrong answer, you will have to lose 1 mark. For completing this examination paper, you will be provided 180 minutes. The examination paper will be in Objective Type Question format where candidates need to choose one answer.
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours.|
|Number of Questions||125 Questions.|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
|Marking Scheme||4 Marks will be awarded for every right answer|
GPAT 2017 Admit Card
GPAT 2017 Admit card can be downloaded from for the official website in the month of January 2017. After availability of admit card we will update on this page.
GPAT 2017 Counselling
Candidates who are hold score are only eligible to appear for the GPAT counselling session 2017. Seat is allotted to the candidate according to the score he/she has acquired. After that the candidate can apply for admission to the post graduate courses of pharmacy in any of the institute/University or Colleges. To get details for GPAT 2017 Counselling Process- Click here
GPAT 2017 Syllabus
You can find the details for GPAT 2017 Syllabus given here. Syllabus contains four main sections: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy.
- General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies
- Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis
- The role of plant-based drugs on the national economy
- Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy
- Marine pharmacognosy
- Volatile of Drugs
- Sources of Durgs
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs
- Glycoside Containing Drugs
- Studies of Traditional Drugs
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & Medical chemistry
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Medical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical analysis
- Microbiology in pharmacy
- Physical pharmacy
- The importance of unit operations in manufacturing
- Introduction to Dispensing and community pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence & ethics
- Dosages forms, designing & evaluations
Till now the exact dates are not available for GPAT 2017, so candidates can simply visit the official site i.e. www.aicte-gpat.in for further details.