IBPS PO 2017 / CWE PO Notification, Application Form, Exam Date
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous agency in India started in 1975 as Personnel Selection Services (PSS). IBPS became an independent entity at the behest of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Public Sector Banks in 1984. With a mission of enhancing human-resource development through personnel assessment IBPS is envisioned as self-governed academic and research oriented Institute. IBPS announces every year positions in clerical, PO and SO posts in nationalized banks, State Bank and RRBs. Applicants meeting eligibility criteria have to register, pay the application fees, apply online, obtain the admit card and appear for preliminary and final common written exams (CWE) and then an interview (in the case of IBPS PO and IBPS SO) before a selection panel.
For the recruitment of Probationary Officer / Management Trainee in the public sector banks, IBPS will release the notification. The application form of IBPS PO 2017 will be released online in July/August 2017. The exam will take place in two phases that is Preliminary and Main Examination. Eligible applicants who want to get appointed as PO in public sector banks need to fill the application form via online mode only.
|Online registration and rectification of errors in applications||July-August 2017|
|Payment of application fee||July-August 2017|
|Downloading hall tickets for pre-examination training||September 2017|
|Pre-examination training date||September 2017|
|Downloading of hall tickets for IBPS PO prelims 2017||September 2017|
|Examination date of IBPS PO prelims||October 2017|
|Results declaration for IBPS PO prelims 2017||October 2017|
|Downloading of hall tickets of IBPS PO Mains 2017||October 2017|
|Examination date of IBPS PO Mains 2017||November 2017|
|Results declaration for IBPS PO Mains 2017||November 2017|
|Downloading of call letters for interview||December 2017|
|Date of interview||January 2018|
|Provisional allotment||April 2018|
- The candidates must have completed graduation degree in any discipline scoring minimum 60% marks from a recognized university (55% for SC/ST/PWD).
- The lower & upper age limit to apply for the examination is 20 years and 30 years as on 1st July 2017. The relaxation in upper age limit will be provided to certain limits for reserved categories.
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes||05 years|
|Physically disabled applicants (PH)||10 years|
|Other backward classes OBC-NCL||03 years|
|Of the State of Jammu and Kashmir the original habitants of Kashmir Division during the period ranging from 01 January 1980 to 31st December 1989||05 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs), Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs) who have worked for not less than 5 years in military and have left on conclusion of project||05 years|
|The people affected in the 1984 riots||05 years|
IBPS PO 2017 Participant Banks
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Bank of India||Dena Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|UCO Bank||Union Bank of India||United Bank of India|
IBPS PO 2017 Application Procedure
The application process for IBPS PO 2017 will start tentatively in the month of July or August 2017. The applications will only be accepted through online mode. The candidates must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria before they start application process.
IBPS PO 2017 Application Fee
- Application fee for General and OBC applicants is Rs. 600.
- Application fee for SC, ST, PwD and Ex-S applicants is Rs. 100.
Applicant can pay application fee thru online mode only using net banking or any credit/debit cards.
IBPS PO 2017 Vacancy details
|SC||Will be updated soon..|
|ST||Will be updated soon..|
|OBC||Will be updated soon..|
|UR||Will be updated soon..|
|Total||Will be updated soon..|
IBPS PO 2017 Exam Pattern
Online Preliminary Examination:
- This is the first stage for selecting candidates.
- The Test will be held online where the candidates will be tested on the basis of their performance in three sections namely as: English Language , Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The Preliminary examination will have three sections.
- The total number of questions asked in the exam will be 100.
- There will also be negative marking for every wrong answer which will be equivalent to ¼ of the correct answer.
- Every question will carry 1 mark.
- Total marks will be 100.
- There will also be section wise cutoff as well as the overall cutoff.
- The candidates will get 1 hour to solve the 100 questions.
The tabular representation is given below to help the candidates understand the schemes and pattern of the Preliminary Examination.
|Serial Number||Name of section||Number of questions in the section||Marks allotted for the section|
Online Main Examination:
- Now the candidates will have a definite time-frame for each section.
- The Main Exam will consist of 5 sections.
- There will be 200 questions asked in the examination.
- The test will be of total 200 marks.
- Every question will carry 1 mark.
- There will also be negative marking for every wrong answer which will be equivalent to ¼ of correct answer.
- There will also be section wise cutoff and overall cutoff.
- There will be sectional timings for each section.
The sectional timings have been illustrated in the table below more clearly.
|Serial Number||Name of the section||Number of questions asked in the section||Marks allotted to the section||Time duration|
|1||English language||40||40||30 min|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 min|
|3||Reasoning Ability||50||50||40 min|
|4||General Awareness (special reference to banking industry)||40||40||20 min|
|5||Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 min|
|Total||200||200 marks||140 min|
IBPS PO 2017 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure will complete in three phases that is Preliminary, Main Examination and Interview.
- Online Preliminary Examination
- Online Main Examination
Normalization of score in IBPS PO Mains and Interview
|Phase/test||Max Marks||Normalised to|
IBPS PO 2017 Cut Off for MAINS (Expected)
Maximum Score and Cutoff in each objective tests:
|S. No.||Subjects||Max. Marks||SC/ST/OBC/PWD||General|
Overall Cutoff of IBPS PO 2017:
|Category||Cut off (Out of 200)|
NOTE– IBPS PO 2017 prelim examination is qualifying in nature. Marks obtained in this examination will not be counted in the preparation of the final merit list.
IBPS PO 2017 Admit Cards
Step 1: The candidates for downloading the IBPS PO Admit Card 2017 will have to click the link hosted on official website.
Step 2: For downloading the IBPS PO Admit Card 2017 enter the credentials such as Registration No and Password/Date of Birth.
Step 3: Press the “Submit” button
Step 4: The Admit Card of IBPS PO 2017 will appear on the screen.
Step 5: For downloading the Admit Card after checking all the details, should press the “Download” button.
Step 6: Save and take a print out of the Admit Card for further reference.
IBPS PO 2017 Syllabus
- This Section covers all logical Reasoning questions comprising of judgments, conclusions from premises or facts.
- The Reasoning Part is divided into Verbal Reasoning and NonVerbal Reasoning.
|Verbal Reasoning||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
Odd Man Out
Statement And Assumptions
Statement And Conclusions
|Statement And Arguments
Passage And Conclusions
Series Test, Number
|Ranking And Time Sequence
Direction Sense Test
Assertion And Reasoning
Figure Series Etc.
|Series Test, Analogy
English Language Syllabus
- Completion of sentence
- Grammar Errors
- Synonyms & Antonyms etc
- Passage Completion
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Arithmetic & Data Interpretation
- Bar Graphs
- Line Graphs & Tabulation
- Time And Distance
- Time & Work
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
General Awareness section syllabus:
- Banking Terms, Current Rates (Repo Rate, Reverse repo rate, Bank rate etc.)
- Important days / dates
- Abbreviations / full forms
- Currency and capital
- Indian Economy
- Ministers and their departments
- International Economy
- Finance, Shares, Various schemes of Government (Swavlamban, Bharat Nirman, MNREGA, Swabhiman etc.)
- Questions related to International Financial Institutions (IMF, UN, World bank, ADB-related – Members, recent development, functions)
- Books & Their Authors
- GDP related, RBI, Fiscal-Monetary Policies
- Types of Banks
- Social Function of Banks
- Awards & Honors
- Current Affairs (last 6 months)
Computer Knowledge syllabus
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Office)
- Number System
- Operating Systems
- Software & Hardware questions (Database & communication)
- Computer abbreviation
- History of computers
- Basic knowledge of Internet & Networking
For more information about IBPS PO 2017 Examination you may visit official website of IBPS.