IIT – Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay conducts UCEED – Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design. It is the most popular entrance examination to provide admission in designing courses at reputed institutes/colleges. Each year, huge numbers of candidates appear in the examination to get admit these courses. If you are also interested to apply for UCEED 2017, then go through all the details provided below.
IIT UCEED 2017 Application Form
UCEED 2017 Online application process will be started from 17th October 2017 , Candidates can apply for UCEED 2017 till 11th November 2016 without late fees and till 18th November 2016 with late fees.
Important Dates- Announced
|UCEED 2017 Online Registration will be starting from||17th October 2016|
|Deadline for Online Registration||11th November 2016|
|Deadline for Online Registration with late fee||18th November 2016|
|UCEED 2017 Admit Card will be available from||26th December 2016|
|UCEED 2017 Exam Date||22nd January 2017|
|Release of draft Answer key||28th January 2017|
|Last date for sending comments for draft Answer key||31th January 2017|
|UCEED 2017 Result declaration||20th February 2017|
|UCEED 2017 Score Availability||27th February 2017|
|Application form will be available for B.Des||10th to 25th June 2017|
- Age: The candidates should have been born on or after 1st October 1997 if belong to GEN/OBC-NCL Category (On or after 1st October 1992 for SC/ST/PwD).
- Qualifying Examination: The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent in 2016 or appear in 2017. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible.
- Number of Attempts: A candidate can attempt IIT UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive year. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
Male candidates who belong to General or OBC category they need to pay – Rs 2000/-
Female candidates who belong to General or OBC category they need to pay – Rs. 1000/-
Third gender candidates who belong to General or OBC category they need to pay – Rs. 2000/-
Male candidates who belong to ST and SC category they need to pay – Rs.1000/-
Female candidates who belong to ST and SC category they need to pay – Rs. 1000/-
Third gender candidates who belong to General or OBC category they need to pay – Rs. 1000/-
How to Apply
Go to the official website or else directly apply via this online registration portal www.iitb.ac.in/uceed/. Online application will be available after release of official notice for UCEED 2017.In any case, candidate register himself after the last date then registration will be cancelled. Once submitted, no correction will be done on the UCEED 2017 application. The application fee is non refundable. So make sure before applying, you have gone through the instructions completely and accurately.
- The examination will be conducted for 3 hours.
- The medium of the paper will be English only.
- It will be a computer based test.
- This exam will be of 300 marks.
- There will be total 80 marks. The questions will be chosen from 6 topics.
- The question paper will be divided into three sections.
- In all these three sections, there will be negative marking.
|Section A:||Numerical Answer Type Questions (NATQ)|
|Section B:||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)|
|Section C:||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
IIT UCEED 2017 will be held in the following 19 cities in India-
Visualisation and spatial ability
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Environmental and social awareness
General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
Analytical and logical reasoning
Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
Language and creativity
Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc., and vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Design thinking and problem solving
Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
UCEED 2017 Admit Card
- Candidates whose application is complete in all aspects will be able to download the admit card for UCEED 2017 from the online application portal (uceed.in) from the date specified.
- The admit card will bear the following details of the candidates- Name, UCEED application ID, Roll No., Photograph, Signature, Examination Schedule, Examination Center details and instructions to candidates.
- In case the admit card is not available for downloading, the candidates should contact Chairperson, UCEET 2017 at IIT Bombay immediately via email or Phone.
- A Printed copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination.
Note- Final dates will be updated on this page after release of official notice for UCEED 2017. For more information you may access official website.