JEE Mains is one of the top level examinations of India. JEE is a 2 stage examination conducted by CBSE Board. The interested candidates can get admissions in UG eng./architecture courses in NITs, IITs and other institutions through JEE Mains examination, whereas IITs provide admissions to eligible candidates through JEE Advanced examination. The qualified candidates of JEE Mains will be eligible to take up JEE Advanced examination.
States which are participated In IIT JEE Main – There are many states where JEE Main gets conducted. And Participating states are- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland & Odisha etc.
JEE Main 2017 Notification
Aadhaar Card is mandatory to apply for JEE Main 2017.
JEE Main 2017 Application last date is extended till 16th January 2017.
JEE Main 2017 Application Correction has started
Important Changes Made in JEE Main 2017
- There will be no weightage for higher secondary marks in calculating the ranks in JEE Main examination.
- For the applicants to qualify for admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs & such other CFTIs whose admission are based on JEE ranks, they must have score minimum 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in higher secondary standard or be in the top 20 percentile in higher secondary exam. for more details- Click here
|[gravityform id=”1" name=”Register yourself to get update for JEE Main 2017" description=”false” ajax=”true”]|
Important Points for JEE Main 2017
- Aadhar Card is mandatory to apply JEE Main 2017.
- JEE Main 2017 Application Form will be available from 1st December 2016.
- JEE Main Examination is held one time in year.
- There is only three attempts to appear in JEE Main.
- There is no application correction facility in JEE Main application process.
- There is no lateral entry scheme through JEE Main, Admissions are provided only in First Year (First Semester).
- JEE Main 2017 Application form can only be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates who are appearing or passed 12th or equivalent examination can apply for JEE Main 2017.
- To admission in IIT’s, IIIT’s NIT’s and CFTI’s candidates must score at least 75% (for SC/ST 65%) in their qualifying examination (12th Standard)
JEE Main 2017 Application Form
The interested candidates can apply for JEE Main 2017 only through online mode from the official website of JEE Main 2017. The application forms will be available from 1st December 2017. Last date to apply is 2nd January 2017.
Before the application the candidates are suggested to get the JEE Main Information Bulletin 2017 from the official site of the board and read carefully, which will be available after release of official notice for JEE Main 2017.
JEE Main Application form 2017 and how to apply– Click here
|JEE Main 2017 Official notice will be release||November 2016|
|The starting date for online application||1st December 2016|
|Last date to submit online application|
|Last date to pay of application fee through debit/credit card||3rd January 2017|
|Last date to pay of application fee through e-challan||January 2017|
|Admit Card availability||March 2017|
|JEE Main offline Examination (Pen Paper Based)||2nd April 2017|
|JEE Main online Examination (Computer Based)||8th & 9th April 2017|
|Answer key availability||April 2017|
|Challenge against answer key will be accepted||April 2017|
|Result declaration||27th April 2017|
|Counselling||First of week of July 2017|
सुचना हिंदी में पढ़े। – JEE Main 2017 (हिंदी)
The application fee has to be paid to complete the application process. Application fee can be paid either through online or offline mode. Application fee paid is non-refundable. The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|Papers||Offline examination||Online examination|
|Appearing||General/OBC (Male)||SC/ST/PWD/All Females||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Females|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper I & II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centres opted in Foreign countries|
|Paper I & II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I & II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
The applicants interested in JEE main should go through the eligibility criteria before they apply for the examination. JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria has been given below to help the appearing applicants.
Age– The candidates must have aged born on after 1st October 1992 for General Candidates (for reserved categories it is 1st October 1987).
Education Qualification– The candidates should have qualified higher secondary examination or equivalent either in 2015 or 2016 (appearing candidates can also apply).
- The candidates must have scored 50% in aggregation of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- The candidates must have minimum 5 subjects in higher secondary standard.
- The interested candidate can take up JEE Main examination only for 3 attempts.
- The diploma holder (3 years) can also apply for JEE Main 2017.
This examination will be conducted for two papers. Candidates who want to take admission in B.Tech/B.E they must apply for paper 1 and the candidates who want to take admission in B.Arch/B.Planning, they must apply for paper 2. Candidate can apply for both papers.
- There will be 2 papers in JEE Main examination- Paper I for engineering and Paper II for architecture.
- Paper I includes total 90 OMC questions from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Paper II includes total 82 questions- 30 questions from Mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2 questions from drawing test.
Paper 1- Questions and marks details
Paper 2 : Question and Marks details
The candidates should go through the JEE Main Examination Syllabus before they start their preparation. It will help them to plan their study accordingly. Paper I will have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Paper II will have Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
JEE Main Participating Institutes
The admissions will be offered on the basis of All India Rank/ State/Category Rank & the no. of seats available in preferred college or program. The seats will be allotted to eligible applicants on the basis of score & the rank of JEE Main in various NITs, IITs and CFTIs. here you can find the list of participating institutes and colleges in JEE Main.
JEE Main 2017 Admit card will be available from March 2016. Those candidates will apply for the examination, they can download their admit card from official website.
The candidates have to score minimum cut-off marks to get admission in the best colleges of India. The cut-off marks are decided on numerous factors- such as No. of candidates, difficulty level of examination etc. Expected cut-off marks for different categories are as follows-
- For general candidates it is 105 marks.
- For OBC candidates it is 70 marks.
- For SC candidates it is 50 marks.
- For ST candidates it is 44 marks.
JoSAA- Counselling Procedure (Read More)
The candidates will be selected for counselling on the basis of their ranks on merit list. The counselling will start from 1st week of July 2017. The authorities who will handle the counselling procedure are- CSAB and JoSAA. There will be 4 rounds in counselling procedure- 1st 3 rounds will be handled by JoSAA and the last & final round will be handled by CSAB. The entire counselling process will be completely online based.
Disclaimer- Given dates are tentative final dates will be updated after release of JEE Main 2017 official notice.