JEE Main 2018- Check here details such as exam date, application form, eligibility
JEE Mains is one of the top level examinations of India. JEE is a 2 stage examination conducted by CBSE Board. The interested candidates can get admissions in UG eng./architecture courses in NITs, IITs and other institutions through JEE Mains examination, whereas IITs provide admissions to eligible candidates through JEE Advanced examination. The qualified candidates of JEE Mains will be eligible to take up JEE Advanced examination.
|1.||Publication of official notification||November 2017|
|2.||Application forms will be available from||1st week of December 2017|
|3.||Correction window of Application form||2nd week of January 2018|
|4.||Availability of admit card||1st week of March 2018|
|5.||Examination date of JEE Main 2018 Exam Date (offline)||1st week of April 2018|
|6.||Examination date of JEE Main 2018 Exam date (online)||2nd week of April 2018|
|7.||Release of answer key for JEE Main 2018||2nd week of April 2018|
|8.||Declaration of results||last week of April 2018|
|9.||Counselling schedule||1st week of July 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Application form
The interested candidates can apply for JEE Main 2018 only through online mode from the official website of JEE Main 2018. The application forms will be available from 1st week of December 2017. They have to fill all the required information in correct formats.
The application fee has to be paid to complete the application process. Application fee can be paid either through online or offline mode. Application fee paid is non-refundable. The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|Papers||Offline examination||Online examination|
|Appearing||General/OBC (Male)||SC/ST/PWD/All Females||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Females|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper I & II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centres opted in Foreign countries|
|Paper I & II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I & II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
- The candidates must have aged born on after 1st October 1993 for General Candidates (for reserved categories it is 1st October 1988).
- The candidates should have qualified higher secondary examination or equivalent either in 2016 or 2017 (appearing candidates can also apply).
- The candidates must have scored 50% in aggregation of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- The candidates must have minimum 5 subjects in higher secondary standard.
- The interested candidate can take up JEE Main examination only for 3 attempts.
- The diploma holder (3 years) can also apply for JEE ain 2018.
- There will be 2 papers in JEE Main examination- Paper I for engineering and Paer II for architecture.
- Paper I includes total 90 OMC questions from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Paper II includes total 82 questions- 30 questions from Mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2 questions from drawing test.
The candidates have to score minimum cut-off marks to get admission in the best colleges of India. The cut-off marks are decided on numerous factors- such as No. of candidates, difficulty level of examination etc. Cut-off marks for different categories are as follows-
- For general candidates it is 105 marks.
- For OBC candidates it is 70 marks.
- For SC candidates it is 50 marks.
- For ST candidates it is 44 marks.
The candidates should go through the examination syllabus before they start their preparation. It will help them to plan their study accordingly. Paper I will have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Paper II will have Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
JEE Main 2018 Counselling procedure
The candidates will be selected for counselling on the basis of their ranks on merit list. The counselling will start from 1st week of July 2018. The authorities who will handle the counselling procedure are- CSAB and JoSAA. There will be 4 rounds in counselling procedure- 1st 3 rounds will be handled by JoSAA and the last & final round will be handled by CSAB. The entire counselling process will be completely online based.