JEE Main 2018- Check here details such as exam date, application form, eligibility
JEE Mains is one of the top level examinations of India. JEE is a 2 stage examination conducted by CBSE Board. The interested candidates can get admissions in UG eng./architecture courses in NITs, IITs and other institutions through JEE Mains examination, whereas IITs provide admissions to eligible candidates through JEE Advanced examination. The qualified candidates of JEE Mains will be eligible to take up JEE Advanced examination. JEE Main 2018 Notification will be released in November 2017 tentatively and Application process will be started from 1st week of December 2017. After the release of official notice, candidates may apply for the same.
CBSE has introduced some new changes from the year 2017 like applicants should have Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI for filling the application form. All candidates can apply for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) who are interested in pursuing a career in engineering. Get complete information about JEE Main 2018 such as exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, application form, eligibility.
Changes Introduced Last year:
- For calculating All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main, no weightage will be given to 12th class marks.
- In order to qualify for admission to IIITs, CFTIs, IITs, NITs, candidates must have at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in higher secondary examination or must be in top 20 percentile in class 12th examination conducted by respective boards.
- Candidates from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam are excluded from this provision.
- Such candidates have to enter bank account number, passport number, ration card number or any other valid Govt. identity number to get examination center in these states only.
- Candidates should have Aadhaar Card Number to fill the application form.
|Release of Notification||3rd week of Nov 2017|
|Online Application Form Starts||1st week of Dec 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of Dec 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of Jan 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of Mar 2018|
|Pen & Paper Based Test Date for offline exam||1st week of Apr 2018|
|Computer Based Test Date||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of Apr 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1993.
- Date of Birth will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board certificate.
- 5 years relaxation i.e. DOB falls on or after 1st October 1988 shall be provided in the upper age limit for SC/ST & PWD candidates.
- Passed the 12th examination/qualifying examination with 5 subjects and must be passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Candidates have to secure the passing marks.
- There is no minimum marks requirement in the 12th examination for writing the JEE Main exam.
- Those who have appeared and passed the higher secondary examination in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing the final examination of 12th in 2018 can also fill the JEE Main application form.
- Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs.
- Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
Number of Attempts:
- 3 attempts will be given for clearing the JEE Main.
- JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum 2 times in consecutive years.
Eligibility For Admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs:
- Candidates should have obtained 75% marks (for SC/ST will be 65%) in 12th examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of respective boards.
JEE Main 2018 Application form
The interested candidates can apply for JEE Main 2018 only through online mode from the official website of JEE Main 2018. The application forms will be available from 1st week of December 2017. They have to fill all the required information in correct formats.
JEE Main 2018 application fee has to be paid to complete the application process. Application fee can be paid either through online or offline mode. Application fee paid is non-refundable. The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|Papers||Offline examination||Online examination|
|Appearing||General/OBC (Male)||SC/ST/PWD/All Females||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Females|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper I & II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centers opted in Foreign countries|
|Paper I & II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I & II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
|Medium for all exam centres||English and Hindi|
|Medium for exam centers in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli||English, Hindi|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be allotted for each correct answer and for incorrect answers, negative marking of 1 mark will be done|
- There will be 2 papers in JEE Main examination– Paper I for engineering and Paper II for architecture.
- Paper I includes total 90 OMC questions from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Paper II includes total 82 questions– 30 questions from Mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2 questions from drawing test.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-1||Physics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Chemistry||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Paper-2||Mathematics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Aptitude Test||50 Questions||200 marks|
|Drawing||2 Questions||70 marks|
JEE Main 2018 Answer Key
- JEE Main 2018 Official Answer key will be provided by CBSE.
- It will contain the correct answers to the questions asked.
- Answer key will be announced for all sets of the JEE Main question paper as well as for the Computer-based exam.
- Candidates can challenge by paying Rs 1000 per question through credit/debit card or e-challan who disagree with the provided answer key.
- This fee is non-refundable. The challenge must be accompanied by proof.
- On the P&P exam day, various private institutes will also release the answer key of JEE Main 2018.
- Candidates can refer to the unofficial answer key for estimating the score but should not consider it as the final result.
JEE Main 2018 Result
- The result can be checked by login for JEE Main 2018.
- The score and rank of the candidates will not be announced separately.
- Instead, it will be announced on the same day.
- The Rank will be calculated directly on the basis of JEE Main 2018 scores because the normalization method has been removed.
- The candidates will be allocated seat in the Counselling of JEE Mian 2018, on the basis of the rank.
- Candidates will also be intimated whether they have qualified to appear for JEE Advanced 2018 along with the criteria as specified.
JEE Main 2018 Cut-Off marks
- Minimum score that is used to screen admissions is the cutoffs.
- The cutoffs will be differing from institute to institute as well as the courses because the admissions are held through JoSAA.
- Some institutes are more preferred and some disciplines too for eg NIT Warangal, NIT Trichy are top preferred ones as are the disciplines like Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering etc.
- The cutoffs for the year 2018 will be available only after the results are announced.
- To understand the scores that are needed for admissions to preferred institutes candidates can use the JEE Main 2017 cutoffs.
The candidates have to score minimum cut-off marks to get admission in the best colleges of India. The cut-off marks are decided on numerous factors- such as No. of candidates, difficulty level of examination etc. Cut-off marks for different categories are as follows-
- For general candidates, it is 105 marks.
- For OBC candidates it is 70 marks.
- For SC candidates it is 50 marks.
- For ST candidates it is 44 marks.
The candidates should go through the examination syllabus before they start their preparation. It will help them to plan their study accordingly. Paper I will have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Paper II will have Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
JEE Main 2018 Counselling procedure
The candidates will be selected for counseling on the basis of their ranks on merit list. The counseling will start from 1st week of July 2018. The authorities who will handle the counseling procedure are- CSAB and JoSAA. There will be 4 rounds in counseling procedure- 1st 3 rounds will be handled by JoSAA and the last & final round will be handled by CSAB. The entire counseling process will be completely online based.
- The counseling of JEE Main 2018, will be conducted by JoSAA, along with that of JEE Advanced and will be held for admissions to IITs, NITs and other participating CFTIs.
- Up to 92 institutes including 22 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) will participate under JoSAA 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Participating Institutes
- Admissions to 31 National Institutes of Technology, 20 IIITs and 18 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes are through JEE Main 2018 Scores/ Rank.
- JEE Main Paper I is for the engineering and technology courses whereas Paper II is for the architecture courses offered by the NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs.
- In addition students from the states of Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh & Odisha must fill the JEE Main application form as these states will hold their UG engineering admissions through JEE Main 2018.
- Gujarat is no longer a participating state. The ACPC has declared that GUJCET 2018 will be the exam to be held instead of JEE Main 2018 in the state.
- The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Uttar Pradesh, Amethi, Allahabad is no more included in the Participating Institutes of JEE Main 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Important Points
- You are required to enter the Aadhaar card number while filling the application form.
- Candidates who have passed/appearing the class 12th examination from Assam, J&K and Meghalaya states have to enter ration card number, bank account number, passport number or any other valid Govt. Identity number.
- Such candidates have to select the exam city center in these states only.
- OCI/PIO/NRI candidates can apply without aadhaar card and are required to enter passport details.
- Candidates can change their exam centers during the correction period.
- In case uploaded photograph does not have name and date, the form will not be rejected and no correction will be required.
- Diploma candidates can apply for JEE Main 2018 but only to fulfill the eligibility for JEE Advanced 2018. Diploma holders will not be eligible for admission to NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main channel.
- Thumb impression is not needed in JEE Mains 2018 application form.
- Whether candidates appeared for Paper-2 will be eligible for admission to B.Arch in IITs such candidates will be eligible for admission to NITs/SPAs and other CFTIs where B.Arch is available.