JKCET 2017: Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test. Each year millions of candidates apply for JKCET. This is a state level exam. The main purpose of conducting this examination is to provide the admission in various courses within various well known universities across Jammu and Kahmir. All the candidates who were waiting for it, they can get all the mandatory details, such as eligibility criteria of JKCET 2017, important dates, how to apply, age limit and many other details via this article.
JKCET 2017 Overview
- Examination’s Name – Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test
- Also known as – JKCET
- Examination level – State Level
- Authority’s Name – The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE)
You can apply for JKCET 2017 till February 2017 (After release of official notification for JKCET 2017 Medical Entrance Exam) and after that you won’t be able to apply for it. This entrance examination gets conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations which is commonly known as BOPEE. Under this examination, total 50% seats are reserved for general category candidates and other 50% are for reserved category candidates. This examination will take place in the month of May 2016 so all the candidates who want to apply for it, keep reading this article.
JKCET 2017 Important Notice
JKCET 2017 Application process will be started from 3rd week of January 2017. After release of official notice interested candidates may apply for the same.
|JKCET 2017 Application Start from||3rd week of January 2017|
|JKCET 2017 Application last date||4th week of February 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||4th week of April 2017|
|Examination Date||1st week of May 2017|
|JKCET 2017 Result||1st week of July 2017|
- The applicants should be a permanent residence of J&K state.
- The applicants must have qualify the intermediate examination & equivalent from recognized board.
- They must have scored minimum 50% in aggregate (40% for reserved categories).
- The applicants who are applying for engineering program must have cleared 12th standard examination with English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as their elective subjects.
- The applicants who are still appearing are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2017.
- The applicants must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2017.
JKCET 2017 Application form
- First of all you need to visit the official site which is www.jakbopee.org.
- Once you reach there, click on apply online and fill all the mandatory details such as your contact number, Email-Id, Name, DOB and other details.
- After that you have to fill your personal details, qualification details and other details.
- Once you fill it completely, recheck all the details once again and then you need to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature.
- After that hit the submit button.
- Now it’s time to make the payment which you can do via Debit/ Credit Card. Offline mode is also applicable. You can generate online Bank Challan of J&K Bank/HDFC Bank for paying the fee amount in any branch of J&K Bank.
JKCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- There will be 2 papers for PCB & PCM groups in JKCET 2017 examination.
- The questions paper will have 60 questions of MCQ type per subjects.
- The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
|Name of the stream||Paper||Subjects||No. of questions||Duration|
|Both PCB & PCM||Paper A||Physics, Chemistry||120||2 hours|
|PCB||Paper B||Biology||60||1 hour|
|PCM||Paper C||Mathematics||60||1 hour.|