SSC JE 2018 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern
SSC JE 2018: SSC Junior Engineer Exam is a national level test conducted by Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of Junior Engineer for Civil, Mechanical and Electrical trade. If you are going to apply for this examination, you can find all the necessary details for SSC JE 2018 Examination.
The exam is divided into two stages namely Part-1 & Part-2. Candidates who qualify Paper-1 will be eligible for appearing in Paper-2. Shortlisting will be done according to the performance of the candidates in Paper-1 and Paper-2. The final Result will be announced in the month of March/April 2019.
SSC JE 2018 Notification
SSC JE 2018 Examination will be held from 14th to 20th November 2018 (Computer Based Examination). Click Here to apply online for SSC JE 2018.
SSC JE 2018 Overview
|EXAM NAME||SSC JE 2018 (Junior Engineer)|
|CONDUCTED BY||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|MODE OF EXAM||Tier I: Computer-based test, Tier II: Descriptive Test|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||200 (in Tier 1)|
|SECTION||4 (In Tier 1)|
|TOTAL MARKS||200 (Tier-1), 300 (Tier-2)|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Multiple Choice Question (Tier -1), Conventional Type (Tier -2)|
|EXAM DURATION||2 Hours (for tier-1), 2 Hours for tier-2|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Diploma in discipline as per the post|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
SSC JE 2018 Important Dates
|Publication of Notification||1st September 2018|
|Release of Online Application Form||1st September 2018|
|The last to submit of JE Application Form||23rd September 2018|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 1||November 2018|
|Exam Date for Paper 1||14th to 20th November 2018|
|Result of Paper 1 Exam||January 2019|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 2||January 2019|
|Exam Date for Paper 2||January 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||March/April 2019|
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract)
Participating organizations: Central Water Commission, Department of Post, CPWD and MES.
SSC JE Exam Overviews
- Exam constitute of 2 papers i.e. Paper-1 and Paper-2
- SSC announces that there will be no interview round, in order to acquire the above following posts candidates need to clear the written examination.
- Candidates who qualify Paper-1 will only be eligible to appear for Paper-2
- Final Selection will be made on the basis of merit in written examination (Paper-I and II) only.
A candidate must be a citizen of India or anyone from the following-
- Subject to Nepal
- Subject to Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee came to India before 1st January 1962 to become a permanent resident.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Burma, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire and Vietnam to become a permanent resident of India.
- Junior Engineer (Civil), CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical), CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil), Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical), Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in civil engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (QS&C), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR Passed an Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical), Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical), Central Water Commission and CPWD, the candidate’s age should not exceed 32 years
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and contract), MES candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years.
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical), MES candidate’s age should not exceed 30 years.
Note: Age Relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories will be provided as per Government rules
SSC JE 2018 Application Form
Application of SSC JE 2018 is started from the October 2018 and interested candidates can apply online for the same and can register themselves in both the papers i.e. for Part-1 and Part-2.
- Online Part-1 Registration includes- filling in the basis details.
- Online Part-2 Registration includes- uploading the scanned images & signature along with the payment of the application fee.
Payment of Application Fee
Application fee amounts to Rs 100. Female candidates and candidates who fall in the category of SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Ex-servicemen are exempted to pay the application fee.
Application fee can be pay via online (Cr/Dr card SBI net baas well as well as through offline (take print-out of challan generated online after completion of part I registration, deposit the requisite fee in pay branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the Part II registration) mode.
SSC JE Exam Cities
There are about 38 examination centers situated in various cities. The list of exam cities has been released by SSC.
SSC JE 2018 Exam Pattern
- SSC Junior Engineer Exam will be completed in 2 stages- written test of 500 marks. There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.
- According to the examination pattern of SSC JE 2016, the appearing candidates for the post of JE (civil), JE (quantity surveying & contract) should attempt Part A (civil & structural) of paper I & II. On the other hand appearing candidates for JE (Electrical) need to attempt Part B (Electrical) & the candidates appearing for JE (Mechanical) s=have to attempt Part C (mechanical) of Paper I & II.
For Paper I
|Paper-I Objective type||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours|
|Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||100|
For Paper –II
|Paper||Subject||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-II Conventional Type||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||300||2 Hours|
SSC JE Selection Procedure
Stage 1: Computer Based Test
- Computer Based Test (CBT) will be organized for Paper-I.
- The Paper-I of SSC JE will be of Objective type.
- The paper first will carry 200 marks in total containing General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness,
- Applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper-I will be called for Paper –II.
Stage 2: Written Examination
- The Paper II will be conventional type
- The paper second will carry total 300 marks.
- On the basis of the marks obtained by the aspirants in both Paper-I and Paper-II, the Final assortment of applicants will be confirmed.
- Provision to the departments will be completed on the basis of merit.
- The preferences of the posts entered by the candidates will also be given due prominence.
SSC JE 2018 Admit Card
Admit card for Paper-1 will be released in the November 2018. The direct link is already provided in the official website of SSC. Candidates who qualify Paper-1 will be issued a new admit card for Paper-2. Admit card includes the name of the candidate, roll no., examination center etc. Applicants are advised to keep their admit card safely and carry it on the date of the examination.
The result for each stage of SSC JE 2018 recruitment process will be declared by the commission. The result of Paper-1 will be declared in the month of January 2019 and the final result will declare in the month of March/April 2019. The result will be declared in the form of a pdf file with the roll numbers of all the qualified candidates. Candidates who secure the qualifying marks in paper 1 will be called to appear for paper 2. The final result of Junior engineer will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in paper 1 and 3.
SSC JE 2018 Cut-Off
SSC JE 2018 Cut off is the minimum qualifying marks to select candidates for the next level of the recruitment process. The cut-off is the qualifying marks which the candidates need to acquire otherwise he will not be eligible to appear for the next paper. The category-wise cut off list of SSC JE 2018 will be made available in along with the declaration of result. The cut-off of both the papers (Paper-1 and Paper-2) is available in the official website of SSC. Candidates have to secure the SSC JE cut off in paper 1 to qualify for paper 2.
Junior Engineer Salary Structure
|Departments||Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Civil||–||–|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station.||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance) –(Mechanical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance)- (Electrical)||–||–|
Important Books to Prepare
- SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)
- SSC Junior Engineers (CPWD/CWC/MES) Mechanical Engineering 19 Practice Sets & 9 Solved Papers 2008-2015
- SSC Junior Engineers Exam Guide: Junior Engineers (Civil & Structural) Exam Guide
- SSC Junior Engineers (CPWD/CWC/MES) Civil Engineering: 19 Practice Sets & 9 Solved Papers 2008-2015
- SSC Jr. Engineer (Electrical) Exam Guide
- SSC (CPWD/CWC/MES) Electrical Engineering (Junior Engineers) 19 Practice Papers 2016
- SSC Reasoning (General Intelligence And Reasoning) (Hindi)
- SSC Speed Tests General Intelligence & Reasoning
- SSC Graduate Level Exam Reasoning (General Intelligence and Reasoning): Year Wise Solved Papers 1999-2014
- SSC General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers – English – 1610: Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 to till Date (9100+Objective Question)