SSC JE 2018 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern
Staff Selection Commission is the conducting body which conducts an open competitive exam naming SSC JE exam. Candidates who are interested in SSC Junior Engineer Examination can fill the application form which is available from September 2018. As per the anticipation, the candidates can avail their admit card in the month of November 2018.
SSC JE 2017 Notification
SSC JE 2017 Application form will be available from 14th October 2017 till 10th October 2017. Click Here to apply for SSC JE 2017 Examination.
|Publication of Notification||September 2018|
|Release of Online Application Form||October 2018|
|The last for submission of SSC JE Application Form||November 2018|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 1||November 2016|
|Exam Date for Paper 1||December 2018|
|Result of Paper 1 Exam||January 2019|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 2||January 2019|
|Exam Date for Paper 2||January 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||March/April 2019|
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract)
Participating organizations: Central Water Commission, Department of Post, CPWD and MES.
SSC JE Exam Overviews
- Exam constitute of 2 papers i.e. Paper-1 and Paper-2
- SSC announces that there will be no interview round, in order to acquire the above following posts candidates need to clear the written examination.
- Candidates who qualify Paper-1 will only be eligible to appear for Paper-2
- Final Selection will be made on the basis of merit in written examination (Paper-I and II) only.
|Nationality||A candidate must be either:|
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
SSC JE 2018 Application Form
Application of SSC JE 2018 is started from the October 2018 and interested candidates can apply online for the same and can register themselves in both the papers i.e. for Part-1 and Part-2.
Online Part-1 Registration includes- filling in the basis details.
Online Part-2 Registration includes- uploading the scanned images & signature along with the payment of the application fee.
Payment of Application fee
Application fee amounts to Rs 100. Female candidates and candidates who fall in the category of SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Ex- servicemen are exempted to pay the application fee.
Application fee can be pay via online (Cr/Dr card SBI net working) aswell as through offline (take print-out of challan generated online after completion of part I registration, deposit the requisite fee in pay branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the Part II registration) mode.
SSC JE Exam Cities
There are about 38 examination centres situated in various cities. The list of exam cities has been released by SSC.
Admit card for Paper-1 will released in the 1st week of December 2016. The direct link is already provided in the official website of SSC. Candidates who qualify Paper-1 will be issued a new admit card for Paper-2.Admit card includes the name of the candidate, roll no., examination centre etc. Applicants are advised to keep their admit card safely and carry it on the date of the examination.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
- Written examination is divided into two i.e. Paper-1 and Paper-2
- Paper-1:Objective type of 200 marks includes questions related to General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, General Engineering (Civil and Structural)/General Engineering (Electrical)/General Engineering (Mechanical).
- Paper-2: Conventional type of 300 marks which is divided into 3 parts i.e. Part A, Part B, Part C. Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical). Candidates can choose from any of them as per the posts they have applied for.
- There will be negative marking; 0.25marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in Paper-1.
Result of Paper-1 will be declared in the month of January 2019 and the final result will declare in the month of March/April 2019.
Cut-off is the qualifying marks which the candidates need to acquire otherwise he will not be eligible to appear for the next paper. The cut-off of both the papers (Paper-1 and Paper-2) is available in the official website of SSC.