UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility
For the recruitment of the Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Force (as UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Examination) will be organized by UPSC. The authority conducts UPSC CAPF AC 2018 exam once in a year probably in the month of June-July. Candidates should submit the UPSC CAPF AC application form as per scheduled date, those who want to apply for the Central Armed Police Forces such as BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, and SSB. Read the following article to get all the important information about UPSC CAPF AC 2018 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc.
UPSC CAPF AC Notification 2018
- UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Application Process has started from 25th April 2018. Candidates can Click Here to apply for CAPF AC.
- UPSC CAPF AC Exam Pattern- Check Here
- UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Official Notification- Check Here
UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Overview
|EXAM NAME||UPSC CAPF AC 2018 (Central Armed Police Force)|
|CONDUCTING BODY||Union Public Service Commission|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment|
|RECRUITS FOR||Group A (Assistant Commandants) including BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB.|
|MODE OF Exam||Offline Mode|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||Paper-1: 125, Paper- 2: 7|
|TOTAL MARKS||Paper- 1: 250, Paper-2: 200|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Paper-1: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question), Paper-2: Descriptive Type Questions|
|EXAM DURATION||Paper-1: 2 Hours, Paper 2: 3 Hours|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Bachelor’s degree|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Important Dates- Announced
|Notification will be available from||25th April 2018|
|Deadline to fill applications||21st May 2018|
|Examination date (CAPF 2018 AC)||12th August 2018|
|Result declaration||September 2018|
|Personal interview||November 2018|
UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Application Form
The application forms are available from April 2018 at the official UPSC website. Candidates require filling Part I&II of the application form by choosing them separately. The valid email address and phone numbers must provide during the registration phase. Applicants will have to fill all the necessary information and personal details in the application form. Candidates will have to upload the scanned photo and signature, after filling all the personal and educational details in the application form.
- Applicants must be the citizen of India
- Both Men/Female candidates are eligible to apply for the posts of Assistant Commandants in CRPF, CISF, SSB, BSF. Female candidates are excluded for the post of ITBP
- Candidates must possess the Bachelor degree from the recognized university
- Candidates must be laid between 20 and 25 as on 1st August 2018
- Candidate must have gained the minimum physical standard mentioned in the official notification
- Candidates have to pay Rs.200/- as application fee.
- The application fee is exempted for SC/ST category and female candidates.
- The fee can be paid via net banking, debit/credit card.
- The application fee will not be refunded in any case.
CAPF AC 2018 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure is divided into 3 parts. In order to reach to the final stage, candidates need to qualify- written examination, physical & medical examination and Physical Efficiency Test (PET & PI)
- Part-I: Written Exam
- Part-II: Physical Endurance Test and Medical
- Part-III: Interview/Personality Test
Written Exam Pattern
The written examination consists of two papers-
Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence (Objective type questions)
- It consists of MCQ types of questions which carry 250 marks and the medium of the question paper will be in both English as well as in Hindi.
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of questions||125|
|Language||Hindi & English|
Paper II – General Studies, Essay & Comprehension (Descriptive type questions)
- This paper carries 200 marks. Candidates have an option of writing component either in English or Hindi. The way/medium of writing would be in English only
|Type of questions||Descriptive type questions|
|Total number of questions||7|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Negative marking||Yes, 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each incorrect response|
|Aspects||Of Male||Of Female|
|Height||165 cms||157 cms|
|Chest||81 cms (86 cms expanded)||–|
|Weight||50 kg||46 kg|
Note: Pregnant female candidates are not allowed during PET.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
|100 mt. race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 mt. race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 mt. (3 chances)||3.0 mt. (3 chances)|
|Shot-put (7.26 kgs)||4.5 mt.||–|
Students will get a chance for the interview round, those who get shortlisted for the written examination followed by the medical test. This round is to test the character of the candidate. The candidates selected by their personality and behavioral knowledge, in this stage.
CAPF AC 2018 Admit Cards
Candidates who have successfully submitted the CAPF AC Exam 2018 application form will be able to get admit card prior to the examination. It is essential to attend exam and candidates should bring admit card to appear in the exam. It is expected that the admit cards will be available in the month of May 2018. Eligible candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the UPSC. Download UPSC CAPF AC Admit Card 2018– Click Here
Agartala, Shillong, Delhi, Gangtok, Chandigarh, Madurai, Panaji (Goa), Kochi, Udaipur, Ahmedabad, Shimla, Dharwad, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Patna, Kohima, Vishakhapatnam, Aizawl, Srinagar, Dispur, Imphal, Cuttack, Nagpur, Port Blair, Kolkata, Sambalpur, Allahabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhopal, Itanagar, Dehradun, Jorhat, Raipur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Bangalore, Tirupati, Jammu, Jaipur, Ranchi
CAPF AC 2018 Result
The result is expected to announce in the month of September 2018. The result of the CAPF AC 2018 Exam will be published on official website of the UPSC. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of written exam will have to go through physical endurance test followed by medical test. The final result will be announced accordingly.
CAPF AC 2018 Cut-Off
The cut-off will be decided by the commission. But candidates need to obtain minimum cut off marks in order to qualify for the next round.
|Category||Paper I (out of 250)||Written test (out of 450)||Final Selection (out of 600)|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||110-120||170-180||270-280|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||90-100||150-160||250-260|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||90-100||145-155||245-255|
English Writing: Comprehension, Essay Writing, English Grammar, Sentence correction, Precise writing, Counterargument and so forth.
General Intelligence: Coding and Decoding, Relationship Concepts, Analysis and Ranking, Arithmetical Reasoning, Syllogisms, Spatial Orientation, Space Visualization and Decision Making, Visual Memory, Analogies, Arrangements, Problem Solving, Arithmetic Number Series, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion etc.
General Studies: Economy, History – India, Current Events – National & International, General Polity, General Science, Cultural Heritage, Environment, Indian National Movement, Indian Constitution, Eminent Personalities, Geography – India, About India, Science & Technology etc.
Important Books to Prepare for UPSC CAPF AC
- CPF Assistant Commandant Examination 2017
- UPSC Central Armed Police Force Assistant Commandant Exam Solved Papers – 1900 Paperback – 2017
- 15 Practice Sets – SSC-CAPFs Sub-Inspector & Assistant Sub-Inspector Bharti Pariksha (Hindi)
- CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam Conducted by UPSC Complete Guide English Medium Paperback
- SSC CAPF SI Exam Hindi Medium (Hindi) Paperback –
- SSC (CAPFs) Sub-Inspector & Assistant Sub-Inspector Bharti Pariksha Study Guide (Hindi) Paperback – 2017
- SSC CAPF SI Paper Set (Hindi) Paperback – 2017
- General Studies Package for UPSC – CSAT/CDS/CAPF/CISF Exams Paperback – 27 Jan 2017
- SSC Sub-Inspector CAPF’s, DELHI POLICE ASSISTANT SUB-INSPECTOR IN CISF Paperback – 2017
- SSC Sub-inspector Delhi Police, CAPFs ASI CISF Solved and Model Papers (Hindi) Paperback – 2017
- 15 Practice Papers Delhi Police SI/CAPFs/CISF/ASI/BSF/CRPF/ITBP/SSB
- UPSC CAPF AC (Hindi) (Hindi) Paperback – 2016
- CAPF Assistant Commandant Paperback – 2017
For more details, you are most welcomed to visit the official website Of UPSC CAPF AC 2018