Hotel Management Entrance Exams: Hotel Management course has gained popularity from past few years. For the admission in numerous universities and institutes providing Hotel Management Courses, the Hotel Management Entrance Examinations are conducted every year in India.
The NCHMCT is a registered body that regulates academics for hospitality management through framed courses of education under the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Government of India. These courses are provided in 24 institutes of Hotel Management and eight Food Craft Management institutes situated in different locations in India. Generally all the Hotel Management Institutes in India conduct their test by their own also.
Hotel Management Entrance Exams in India
- MAH-HM-CET (Maharashtra Hotel Management Common Entrance Test)
- PUTHAT (Punjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test)
- IIHM Entrance Examination (International Institute of Hotel Management Entrance Examination)
- NCHMCT JEE (National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Entrance Examination)
- FHRAI (Federations of Hotel and Restaurants Association of India)
- IITM (Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management)
- ITDC (India Tourism Development Corporation)
- HIHT (Heritage Institute of Hotel and Tourism)
Eligibility for Hotel Management Entrance Exams
- Higher Secondary (Percentage differs from College to College)
- Age limit is 22 years for General/PH candidates and 25 years for SC/ST candidates as on 1st The upper age relaxation is up to 3 years in case of reserved (SC/ST) candidates.
Examination Pattern & Admission Process for Hotel Management Entrance Exams
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- The examination is of MCQ type with questions based on Current Affairs, Aptitude & Numerical Ability, GK, and English Language.
- Every wrong answer will have a penalty of 0.25% deduction of marks.
- The admission of students will be based on the performance in written examination, group discussion and personal interview.