NDA 2017 Exam 1st Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Selection Procedure
NDA 2017: UPSC – Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA & NA Examination. Every year this examination gets held at various examination centers. A large number of candidates appear in this examination and secure their career with Indian Defence Serives. Well, if you are interested then you can go through the complete details regarding UPSC NDA 2017 examination.
UPSC conduct NDA examination twice in a year (in the months of April & September) to offer admissions to eligible candidates in defence sector (Army, Navy and Air Force). In April month UPSC conduct NDA & NA (I) examination and in September it conducts NDA & NA (II) examination.
Name of the exam – National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Exam 2017
Full form –NDA & NA 2017
Conducting body – Union Public Service Commission
Exam type – All Over the Nation
NDA 2017 Notification (Important Updates)
NDA 2017 Exam 1st registration has been started from 18th January 2017 till 10th February 2017.
Important Dates For NDA 2017 Exam (I)
|Notification will released on||18th January 2017|
|The online registration process started from||18th January 2017|
|Final date for online registration process||10th February 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||2 weeks before exam|
|Examination’s date (NDA NA Exam 1st 2017)||23rd April 2017|
Important Dates For NDA 2017 Examination (II)
|Notification will released on||7th June 2017|
|The online registration process started from||7th June 2017|
|Final date for online registration process||30th June 2017|
|Examination’s date (NDA NA Exam 2nd 2017)||10th September 2017|
Eligibility Criteria (Read Article)
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals, a subject of Bhutan or Nepal, Tibetan refugee came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- To apply for NDA-I, students should be born between 2nd July 1998 to 1st July 2001.
- To apply for NDA-II, students should be born between 2nd January 1999 to 1st July 2002.
- Army Wing of National Defense Academy – Candidate must have passed 12th from a well known education board.
- Air Force and Naval Wing of National Defense Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy – Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Math and Physics from a well known education board.
NDA 2017 Application Form (Exam 1st)
The application forms will be available for NDA 2017 I Examination from 18th January 2017. The last to submit applications is 10th February 2017, hence the interested candidates can apply online before the last date. After release of official notice candidate can follow the given process or access the given link to check
how to apply for NDA/NA 2017 Examination– Click here
- Go to the official website of UPSC – www.upsc.gov.in in order to fill the application form.
- Get the registration link and open it (will be available after official notice for NDA 2017).
- Once the application form is opened, read out all the instructions and then fill the details.
- Make sure the details which you have entered should be in accurate and complete format.
- Before submitting the form, re recheck the details once again.
- Now after that you will be asked to pay the application fee. You can pay the fee via both online and offline mode.
- Make sure that you take the print out of conformation page of paying the fee.
- After that upload all the details accurately and lastly submit it.
NDA 2017 Application Fee
- 100/- for general and OBC students
- SC/ST students or sons of JCOs/NCOs/Ors categories are not required to pay any application fee.
Candidates can make fee payment via online (Visa, master, debit card and net banking) or offline (Cash payment in SBI Bank).
NDA 2017 Selection process
The selection process of NDA 2017 will complete in 3 stages
- Written examination
- Personal Interview
- Medical review by Command Hospital
The qualified candidates of written examination will be called to attend personal interview at SSB centres allotted by SSC and then successful candidates will be eligible for Medical review. Personal interview will be scheduled in 5 days. The candidates will be shortlisted and made to do the task.
SSB Selection stages
There will be 2 stages in SSB- part I & part II. The qualified candidates of part I will be called for part II.
- Part I will include officer intelligence rating test, description test & picture perception. The candidates will be selected on combined performance of all the 3.
- Part II will include interview, group testing officer task, psychology tests & conference.
NDA 2017 Exam Pattern
- The question paper will be divided into 2 section- Mathematics & General Ability sections.
- There will be total 120 questions scoring total 300 marks for Mathematics section and 150 questions scoring total 600 marks for General Ability Section.
- Total marks for the NDA examination will be 900.
- The duration of examination for section I will be 150 minutes and for section II will be 150 minutes.
- There will be penalty for each wrong answers.
NDA Cut off Marks (Read Article)
NDA (I) 2017 examination is scheduled to held on 23rd April 2017 and thousands of applicants are going appeared for the examination. Now, those candidates want to know the expected cut off marks for NDA/NA (I). Check expected cut off marks and previous years.
NDA 2017 Answer key
UPSC will publish the answer key for NDA 2017 examination very soon after the successful examination. The appeared candidates can cross check their answers by following answer key for NDA 2017.
Candidate must be physically fit. Candidate must fulfill all the physical standards norms such as hight weight and eye sight.
Height/weight standard for Army/Air Force
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height/Weight for Navy
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16 years||18 years||20 years|
Eyesight Criteria for Navy
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6/|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
Eyesight criteria for Air Force
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Dph|
|Color Vision||CPI (MLT)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Disclaimer– This is not official notice for UPSC NDA 2017 Examination. Final schedule will updated after release of official notice.