NIMCET 2017 Application Form, Pattern, Date, Syllabus
National Institute of Technology conducts NIMCET (NIT MCA Common Entrance Test) to offer admission to eligible candidates in various MCA courses at all NITs across the country. It is a national level examination. NIMCET application form most tentatively available in the month of February every year. After release of official notice for NIMCET 2017, all the interested candidates may apply by accessing official website.
|Publication of notification||3rd week of February 2017|
|Commencement of online applications||1st week of March 2017|
|Last date for online application||3rd week of April|
|Downloading of admit card||1st week of May 2017|
|Examination date||last week of May 2017|
|Results declaration||2nd week of June 2017|
|Commencement of Counselling||3rd week of June 2017|
NIMCET 2017 Application form
The interested candidates can apply for NIMCET 2017 only through online mode from the official website. The application forms will be available from first week of March 2017 till 1st week of April 2017 (tentatively).
The candidates have to pay Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST) as application fee to complete the application procedure. The application fee can be paid either through debit/credit card or net banking. The candidates have to take the print out of the application form after successful submission and send it to at below mentioned address along with e-receipt of payment & other documents through speed/registered post.
- The candidates should have scored at least 60% or 6.5 CGPA (for general category) and 55% or 6.0 (for SC/ST category) in qualifying examination.
- The candidates must have a minimum 3 years degree (B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BCA/BIT) or B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent examination from a recognized university.
- Those candidates who are appearing in qualifying examination can also apply (provided they have to submit the proof of qualifying the examination while counselling/admission).
- The candidates qualified their degree examination from Open University can also apply for NIMCET 2017.
- There will be total 120 questions of MCQ type and the duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- The candidates are allowed to use only blue or black ink ball point pen to mark their answers.
- The question paper will be available only in English.
- There will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
|Sections||No. of questions|
|Analytical ability & logical reasoning||40|
Reservation of seats
|Kurukshetra (Self Finacing)||All India||15||00||08||00||04||01||03||00||30|
The question paper will be divided into various sections- Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, General English, Analytical Ability and Computer Awareness. The questions will be asked based on these topics.
The qualified candidates in the entrance examination will be allowed to fill the choices of institution which they are interested to get admission. The seats will be allotted on the basis of rank scored in the entrance examination, choice of institution filled by them and availability of seats. Once the allotment is done the candidates have to report to the allotted centre with required documents.
NIMCET 2017 Admit Card
NIMCET 2017 Admit card will be available from from first week of May 2017 on official website. After that applicants can download from there.