Polytechnic Admissions 2018-19: Entrance Exam, Application Form, Eligibility
To offer admissions to the eligible and qualified applicants in the Polytechnic course, various written Common Entrance tests conducted by the official authorities of the different state. There is a large no. of examination, conducted at State level for providing admissions in Polytechnic course. To get admissions in the Polytechnic Colleges of different states, thousands of applicants apply for these Common Entrance Examinations. So we have given the name of those examinations which are conducted at State level to offer admissions in the Polytechnic courses in the popular colleges of India.
Polytechnic is a technical institute which imparts technical education in India. Polytechnics are recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and not affiliated to any university. They offer 3 Year duration diploma courses in engineering. The courses are designed in such a way that the students are able to perform basic engineering tasks. The diploma holders in engineering are generally employed as supervisors or junior engineers in the companies.
Polytechnic Entrance Exams
- CG Pre Polytechnic Test (CG PPT)
- MP Pre Polytechnic Test (MP PPT)
- HP Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT)
- Assam Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT)
- JEECUP – UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam
- West Bengal JEXPO and VOCLET
- Uttarakhand Polytechnic Entrance Exam (JEEP)
- BSF Polytechnic CSMT Admission Test, Tekanpur
- Delhi Polytechnic Common Entrance Exam (Delhi CET)
- Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Exam (AP Polycet)
- DSRRAU Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) – Rajasthan
- Telangana Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET)
- Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE)
Joint Entrance Exams
- J&K Diploma Polytechnic Entrance Test
- Arunachal Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (APJEE)
Diploma Entrance Exams
- CG Pre D.Ed.
- Haryana Diploma Entrance Test (DET)
- Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET)
- NCERT Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling
- Madhya Pradesh Animal Husbandry Diploma Entrance Test
- Nettur Technical Training Foundation (NTTF) Entrance Exam
- Vocational to Diploma Entrance Competitive Examination (VtoDECE )
- Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (DCECE)
Other Diploma, Polytechnic, Certificate or ITI Exams
- WBSCVT ITI Admission
- ACPDC Diploma Admission
- Odisha Diploma Admission
- Kerala Polytechnic Admission
- WB Diploma and Other Courses Admission in Polytechnic
- BHU Special Courses of Study (SCS) – Diploma and Certificate Course
10th and 12th pass Candidates are eligible for polytechnic 3 years diploma program.
Physics: Modern Physics, Electromagnetic spectrum, Dynamics, Our Universe, Measurements and units, Electronics, Magnetism, Kinematics, Light, Sound, Current electricity.
Chemistry: Periodic classification for elements, Alkaline earth metals, Atomic structure, Chemical bond, Solutions, Acids, Bases and salts, Carbohydrates and proteins, Oil and fats, Chemistry and Industry, Chemistry of carbon compounds.
Maths: Statistics, Progressions, Statements and sets, Trigonometry, Geometry, Matrices, Computing, Linear programming, Real Numbers, Polynomials over integers, Functions, Analytical geometry.
Advantages of 3-year Polytechnic Diploma
- It’s the best option for students keen on studying technical subjects immediately after school.
- Successful candidates can set up their own industry
- The 3-year polytechnic diploma makes a student half engineer.
- More exposure to the technical world compared to PUC students, taken to 2-year Engineering.
- A diploma degree will be sufficient for junior engineering jobs
- Excellent job opportunities in gulf countries
- Campus recruitment in selected Government Polytechnics.
- Candidates can be into MNC’s just 3 years after school.