Popular Entrance Exams after Class 12th : Most of the students get confused that what stream they should continue with after 12th standard examination. Generally, they choose Science, Humanities or Commerce. There are many more opportunities for conventional & unconventional UG courses after 12th standard examination. There is a list of popular entrance exams after class 12th given below to help the applicants.
Popular Engineering Entrance Exams
JEE Main (Read Complete details)
It is a national level examination scheduled by CBSE to offer admission to eligible applicants in engineering courses at NITs, IIITs and centrally funded technical institutions such as IIST. JEE Main is also an eligibility test for JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced (Read Complete details)
Only JEE Main qualified applicants will be able to apply for JEE Advanced. This examination is conducted by IITs. The admission to qualifying applicants to all UG engineering & other science courses offered at 16 IITs in India & ISM Dhanbad. There will be 2 papers of 3 hours each. The question paper will be available in Hindi & English both. Each question paper will have 3 separate sections as Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
BITSAT (Read Complete details)
Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test- This entrance examination is conducted to provide admission to deserving applicants in engineering courses at BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa & Hyderabad. It is an online examination to offer admission at BITS Pilani engineering, Pharmacy, Information Systems & other courses. The notifications will be published in the month of December & online examination will be held in May to June.
VITEEE (Read Complete details)
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam- The eligible applicants will get admission to numerous B Tech degree courses through VITEEE. The application process starts for VITEEE in the month of December & the examination held in the month of March.
Popular Architecture Entrance Exams
NATA (Read Complete details)
It is an architecture entrance examination to offer admission to interested applicants at B.Arch program in India in Govt. & Govt. aided & un-aided colleges of architecture. This examination can be given at any designated examination centre before minimum 6 working days of cutoff date for applying in preferred colleges. The application process for NATA will starts from March & the examination can be taken in any working day from March to August.
Popular Medical Entrance Exams
NEET-UG (Read Complete details)
National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Exam for Undergraduate- It is a national level entrance examination cum eligibility test to offer admission to eligible applicants in MBBS/BDS courses after 12th standard Science examination. NEET-UG is scheduled by CBSE.
AFMC (Read Complete details)
Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Test This is one of the tough examinations of the country after 12th standard examination. This duration of this medical course is 4 years & 6 months followed by 1 year internship. After qualified the AFMC entrance examination, the applicants compulsorily have to serve as commissioned officer in medical services of defence forces minimum for 7 years.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam (Read Complete details)
It is a national level medical entrance exam organized by AIIMS after 12th standard to provide admission to MBBS in AIIMS New Delhi and other 6 new AIIMS like institutions. AIIMS organizes entrance exam for available number of seats for MBBS course at AIIMS New Delhi & other 6 institutions.
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Test (Read Complete details)
This is a medical entrance exam conducted by JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research) for the admission of eligible applicants to MBBS course in the institute. The duration of the course is 4 years & 6 months followed by 1 year internship.
CMC MBBS Entrance Exam (Read Complete details)
CMC Vellore & Ludhiana organizes separate entrance exams to provide admission to its MBBS, BDS & other medical programs.
AIPVT (Read Complete details)
AIPVT (All India Pre-Veterinary Test) is an medical entrance exam scheduled after 12th standard for the admission of eligible applicants to 5 years B.VSc. & AH programs in the country. The examination is conducted to fill 15% of total no. of seats in govt. veterinary colleges except J&K state.
Popular Defence & Marine Exams
- NDA & NA entrance Exam- It is a national level defence entrance examination. After qualifying NDA (National Defence Academy) & NA (Naval Academy) the eligible applicants will get admissions at Army, Air Force & Navy according to their % during training period.
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test- This is another national level entrance exam for interested applicants in Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) after 12th standard Science stream exam. The eligible applicants will be offered a B.Sc (Nautical Science) degree.
- Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme- This is an entrance exam for those applicants who are interested in Indian Navy B.Tech program.
- Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment- This is another entrance/recruitment test after 12th standard exam with Mathematics & Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science as subjects who get basic training at INS Chilka, followed by professional training.
- Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (TES)- This is a entrance examination for qualified applicants of 12th standard and who are from PCM background.
Other State Level Common Entrance Exams
- Karnataka CET- Karnataka schedules a common entrance test for admission into professional educational institutions in the state for a academic years for Medical, Agriculture, Dental, Forestry, Ayurveda, Sericulture, Homoeopathy, Agri Bitech, Unani, Horticulture, Naturopathy, Home Science, Yoga, Veterinary Science, Engineering, Animal Husbandry, Technology, Architecture and many more courses.
- KEAM Kerala- Kerala schedules a common entrance test, Kerala Engneering Agriculture Medical Entrance Examinations (KEAM) to offer admissions to eligible applicants at college in state for admission to medical, engineering, agriculture, veterinary, architecture & fisheries courses.
- EAMCET Andhra Pradesh- It is state level examination of Andhra Pradesh, Engineering, agriculture & medical common entrance test (EAMCET) for the admission to medical & engineering programs in numerous state colleges. JNTU conducts this entrance exam every year for the passout applicants of 12th standard.
- COMED-K- The Consortium of Medical Engineering & Dental College of Karnataka (COMED-K), Bangalore schedules an UG entrance exam. This exam is scheduled to shortlist the meritorious applicants interested in UG courses in the Member Institutions of Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust (KPCF). There are 14 medical, 25 dental & more than 150 engineering colleges that avail approx 20,000 seats for admissions.
Hotel Management Entrance Exams
- NCHMCT JEE- The National Council for Hotel Management & catering Technology Joint B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration & other courses of study at 21 central IHm, 14 state govt. IHM & 15 private IHM affiliated with NCHMCT. The council organizes JEE for the admission to courses offered at these institutes.
Law Entrance Exams
- CLAT- It is Common Law Admission Test scheduled to offer admission at UG & PG courses at 14 National Law Universities. Every year a university out of these 14 will take the responsibility to conduct entrance exam.
- LSAT- It is Law School Admission Test conducted to provide admissions to Law Courses in participating colleges such as Amity, ITm Gurgaon, RGSOIPL, UPES Dehradun, Faculty of Law Dehradun, for 3 year LLB at IIt Kharagpur & others.
- AILET (All Indian Law Entrance Test)- This entrance exam is conducted for admissions at B.A, LLB (Hons.) courses.
Design Entrance Exams
- NIFT Entrance Test- National Institute of Fashion Technology organizes entrance test for admissions into its Bachelor’s degree programs. For B.Design it conducts GAT & CAT & Situation test. The applicants have to qualify GAT for admission into B.F Tech.
- NID- It is National Institute of Design that schedule Design Aptitude Test for the admission of eligible applicants to its UG courses at all centres. The application process ends up in the month of November every year and the examination is held in the month of January.
- AIEED (All Indian Entrance Examination for Design)- This examination is conducted for the applicants interested in 4 years UG course in design after 12th standard exam.
- SSC exam- This examination is conducted for the applicants interested in govt. jobs. The qualified applicants can join at lower division clerk in any of the govt. ministries & departments, armed forces or railways as per their selections.
- CPT for Chartered Accountancy- It is Common Proficiency Test) conducted by the Council of the Institute Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) that will lead the applicants to become a Chartered Accountant. ICAI conducts 3 levels of examination as CPT (Common Proficiency Test), IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course) and a final 3 years of practical training under a practicing Chartered Accountant.