UGC NET Exam Pattern
NET – National Eligibility Test is one of the most important and well known entrance examinations. CBSE which is also known as Central Board of Secondary Education conducts this entrance examination on the behalf of the University Grant Commission.
UGC NET Exam Pattern
CBSE will be conducting this entrance exam in the month of June 2016. This exam consists of three main phases in two sessions. There will be objective type questions.
First session will have paper I and paper II. This session will be of total 100 marks. In phase I, there will have 60 questions, out of which 50 questions are mandatory to do whereas in phase II, there will be 50 questions and all the questions are mandatory to attempt. For completing this paper, you will be given total 75 minutes.
|Session 1st||Paper I||100 Marks||60 Question out of which 50 to be attempted||75 Minutes|
In second session, there will be only one paper which is paper II. This paper will be of 100 marks. There will be total 50 questions and all these questions are mandatory to do. You will get 75 Minutes to complete this session.
|Session 2nd||Paper II||100 Marks||50 Question all are compulsory||75 Minutes|
In third session, there will be only one paper which is paper II. This paper will be of 150 marks. There will be total 50 questions and all these questions are mandatory to do. You will get 150 Minutes to complete this session.
|Session 3rd||Paper III||150 Marks||75 Question all are compulsory||75 Minutes|
- Paper I will start from 9:30am to 10:45am. This paper will have questions based on general nature, aimed to evaluate the research or teaching aptitude, comprehension, reasoning ability and divergent thinking in the candidates.
- There will be the addition of two marks on giving correct answer.
- Paper II will start from 10:45am to 12:00pm. There will be the addition of two marks on giving correct answer.
- Paper III will start from 1:30pm to 4:00pm.
- The question of paper II and III will come from the entire syllabus including the electives.
- The candidates will have to dot down their answers in the Optical Mark Reader sheet.
For more details about CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern you may access official website.