UPSC ESE 2017- Engineering Services Examination
UPSC schedules combined entrance examination to recruit eligible candidates for the posts/services in Indian Engineering Services, Central Engineering Services and Telecommunication etc. Every year thousands of people take part in the examination. The examination is scheduled to be held in the month of May. The application procedure for Engineering Services Examination starts from February.
Posts assigned under IES Examinations
- Civil Engineering (Category I)
- Mechanical Engineering (Category II)
- Electrical Engineering (Category III)
- Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering (Category IV)
Important dates (Tentative)
|Publication of notification||29th September 2016|
|Application procedure will commence from||29th September 2016|
|Last date of application||21st October 2016|
|Examination date (UPSC ESE)||8th January 2017|
|Downloading of admit cards||3 weeks prior examination|
- Educational criteria- The candidates must have a degree in engineering from a recognised (by state/centre govt.) university OR degree/diploma in engineering from any foreign university/college/institute recognised by govt. OR must have qualified Graduate Membership Examination of the institution of electronics & telecom.
- Age limitation- Minimum age to apply for IES 2016 is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years as on 1st January 2016. Relaxation in age will be applicable for the certain categories according to govt. norms.
Application form for UPSC ESE 2017
The interested candidates can apply for ESE 2017 only through online mode. The candidates have to provide all the required details during filling the application form. They need to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. To complete the application procedure, they also have to pay Rs. 200/- as application fee either through net banking or cash.
UPSE ESE 2017 examination consists of objective as well as conventional papers. The examination will be held for 3 days and there will be total 6 papers. The duration of the examination is 2 hours and total marks for ESE 2017 examination will be 1000.
- 1st day- General Ability Test (Part A- General English & Part-B General Studies)- 200 marks
- 2nd Day- Objective paper I & II- 200 + 200 = 400 marks
- 3rd Day- Conventional Paper I & II- 200 + 200 = 400 marks
The examination syllabus for IES 2016 has been published. The candidates can get the syllabus and start their preparation at the earliest. The candidates are advised to go through complete syllabus before they start their preparation and plan their studies accordingly.
The selection process will complete in 2 stages- written examination (1000) and personal interview (200 marks). The qualified candidates of written examination will called for personal interview. Document verification and eligibility criteria check will be done for all the candidates called to attempt personal interview. The qualified candidates in personal interview round will be selected for final recruitment.
Cut off marks for ESE 2017
Minimum cut off marks decided by the commission is the minimum score which candidates have to obtain to qualify the examination. It is mandatory to qualify in each paper according to minimum cut off marks. However the final selection will be based on the candidates performance in the written examination and personal interview.
Check here– UPSC Exam Calendar 2017-18