Complete details for WBJEE 2017 Application form, Exam Dates and Eligibility.
WBJEE – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination, This is an entrance examination that gets conducted in order to provide the admission in UG engineering and technology courses by the well-known education board – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). By qualifying this entrance examination, candidates can get direct admission in various private and government colleges within the state. If you are interested in taking this examination, then this post can be very useful to you as we have provided all the important details within post for WBJEE 2017.
WBJEE 2017 Important Notice
WBJEE 2017 Online Application process will be started from 5th January 2017. Last date of application (including payment of fees & downloading of confirmation page) is 04th February 2017. Application fees (Rs. 500/- + service charges).
Check WBJEE 2017 Information Brochure- Click here
|The WBJEE 2017 online registration will be started from||5th January 2017|
|The online registration will be finished||4th February 2017|
|You can pay the fee till||4th February 2017|
|Corection Window will be opened from||6th to 8th February 2017|
|Admit card will be uploaded on||12th April 2017|
|Examination Date (Mathematics)||23rd April 2017 (11:00 to 01:00 PM)|
|Examination Date (Physics & Chemistry)||23rd April 2017 (02:00 to 04:00PM)|
|Results will be out||5th June 2017|
|Counselling will start from||First week of July 2017|
- Candidate must be the citizen of India.
- He/ She should have the domicile of West Bengal for Medical courses.
- Those candidates are not domicile of West Bengal, They can appear for engineering courses.
- Candidate must be 17 years old as on 31st December 2017.
- If you want to apply for mining engineering then you must be below 25 years old.
- For Engineering & Technology: Candidate must have passed Intermediate (Class 12th) or equivalent examination with pass individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognized board.
- For Architecture Courses: Candidate must have passed Intermediate (Class 12th) or equivalent examination with pass individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English from any recognized board.
- For Marine Engineering Courses: Candidates must scored minimum 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th class or equivalent examination. Also must have scored minimum 50% marks in English in either 10th class or 12th class.
Eligibility For Engineering/Technology Courses in Jadavpur University & Calcutta University:
- Candidates must have passed 12th class or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must have scored minimum 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- All candidates must have scored at least 30% marks in English in 12th class or equivalent examination.
WBJEE Application Form- How to apply– Click here
You can get the application form via online portal which will be available after WBJEE 2017 official notification. From the official website, you can download the online application form. Fill all the details accurately and then upload all the mandatory documents accurately. After that you will be asked to complete the payment section via online payment mode that is credit card and debit card or else e-challan. Talking about the application fee then for engineering, technology and architecture, you will have to pay Rs. 500 and for engineering, architecture, pharmacy, medical and dental, you will have to pay Rs. 600. Take a print out of confirmation page as it may be required in future. The copy of confirmation page along with all important documents, you will have to forward it to –
WB JEE Board, AQ-13/1, Sector-V
Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091 (WB)
- WBJEE 2017 Application fee can be paid through offline and online methods.
- Applicants can pay WBJEE application fee via Credit/Debit Card or through the challan of Allahabad Bank.
- Type-E: Rs 500 + Bank’s service Charge.
- Type-C: Rs 600 + Bank’s service Charge.
WBJEE 2017 Exam Pattern
- All Questions based on Class XI and XII standard.
- Question paper will be objective type.
- Examination will have two papers: Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper I– Questions will be asked from Mathematics.
- Paper II– Questions will be asked from Physics and Chemistry.
- In both the paper questions will be divided into three categories: Category 1, Category 2 and Category 3.
|Subject||Cat-1||Cat-2||Cat-3||No. Of Questions||Total Marks|
For Category 1– One mark will be awarded for each right answer and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For Category 2- Two marks will be awarded for each right answer and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For Category 3- For two right answers, 2 marks will be given. Suppose a question has two answers and a candidate attempt one right and one wrong, then no marks will be awarded. Formula= 2 x (no. Of correct response/ total no. Of correct options).
WBJEE 2017 Admit Card
WBJEE 2017 Admit card will be published in the official website very soon, most probably by 4th April 2017. The appearing candidates can download their admit cards to write the examination. The candidates have to carry their admit cards at the examination centres, without admit cards they will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. Download WBJEE 2017 admit card- Click here
WBJEE 2017 Counselling
The WBJEE counselling procedure starts once the examination results have been declared. The successful candidates who have scored minimum qualifying scores will be called to take part in the counselling process.
Check here the procedure of WBJEE Counselling- Click here
WBJEE 2017 Participating Institutes
There are around 103 institutes offering engineering/technology courses in West Bengal thru WBJEE including Universities / Government colleges / Private Universities / Private Colleges and Minority institutes. Some of the participating institutes mention below:
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya – Kalyani
- Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology – Salt Lake
- Govt. College of Engg. & Textile Technology – Berhampur
- Jadavpur University – Kolkata
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology – Salt Lake
- University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University – Burdwan
- University of Calcutta – Kolkata
- University of Kalyani, Science Instrumentation Centre – Kalyani
- Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya – Cooch Behar
- West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences – Haringhata, Kalyani