ACET 2023: The Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) will announce the schedule for ACET (Actuarial Common Entrance Test). Aspirants are requested to note down the important dates and start practice accordingly. You can also try some of the sample papers to know the exam pattern. The Registration for April 2023 Exam will start from 1st week of January 2023. And the Registration for October 2023 Exam will start from 1st week of July 2023.
ACET 2023 Important Dates (Tentative)
For April 2023
|Registration Starting from||1st week of January 2023|
|Closing date for Registration||4th week of February 2023|
|Commencement of the exam||1st week of April 2023|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of April 2023|
|Last date to take admission||3rd week of May 2023|
For October 2023
|Registration Starting from||1st week of July 2023|
|Closing date for Registration||Last week of August 2023|
|Commencement of the exam||1st week of October 2023|
|Result Declaration||4th week of October 2023|
|Last date to take admission||3rd week of November 2023|
- Qualifying examination: Passed Intermediate from the recognized university of the board.
- Subject: English is counted as the mandatory subject in Intermediate & during the time of registration.
- Appearing candidates can apply for it.
- Applicants those studied at higher level education, working and holding a degree in the mathematical subject can also appear for the entrance exam.
- Graduate, degree holders in mathematical and statistical sciences, Management students, Engineering students, Postgraduate, Chartered and Cost Accountants, Company Secretaries, are also eligible to appear for the entrance.
ACET 2023 Application form
The ACET Application Form will be available online in 1st week of January. First, candidates have to register themselves. Forms will be released in the 1st week of January 2023 till last week of February 2023. Upload coloured passport size photograph (4.5 cm length x 3.5 cm width). Take the print out and keep it safely for future use.
- ACET Application fee amounts to Rs- 3000/-
- Mode of payment would be online done through DR/CR card /Net Banking.
- The ACET is 3 hours long test consisting of 100 Marks distributed among 70 questions.
- The paper will be divided into two sections i.e. Section 1 and Section 2.
- Section-1: Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation having 55% of the weightage.
- Section-2: English and Logical Reasoning having 45% of the weightage.
ACET Marks distribution is as follows :
|45 questions||1 mark each|
|20 questions||2 marks each|
|5 questions||3 marks each|
Scanned Documents needed at the time of admission registration:
- Date of Birth ID Proof (Birth Certificate, Pan Card, Passport, School/College Leaving Certificate)
- Name Change Document (If Applicable)
- Photo ID Proof ( Pan Card, Passport, School/College Id Proof)
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
Applicants have to undergo the ACET admission procedure, after passing the entrance exam.
- Applicants have to register themselves again for the “Student Membership”, They can register on the official site by filling the “Student Membership Form”.
- After that, take the printout of the Application cum Payment Confirmation Form and send it with the attested documents in the given address:
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Institute of Actuaries of India,
302, Indian Globe Chambers, 142, Fort Street,
Off DN Road, Near CST (VT) Station, Mumbai – 400001
ACET 2023 Syllabus
- Mathematics: Numerical Methods, Algebra, Differentiation, Notations, and standard functions, Integration, Vectors, Matrices.
- English: Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks, Cloze Passage, Vocabulary Based, English Usage, Analogies or Reverse Analogies, etc.
- Statistics: Measures of Location, Measures of Spread, Probabilities, Permutation, and Combinations, Types of Data, Advanced Probabilities, Discrete random variables, continuous random variables.
- Logical Reasoning: Calendars, Clocks, Cubes, Venn Diagrams, Numbers and Letter Series, etc.
- Data Interpretation: Tables, Bar Graphs, Line Charts, etc.
ACET 2023: Important Points
- Registration of ACET will be starting from the 1st week of January 2023 for April exam and the 1st week of July 2023 for the October exam.
- ACET Exam conducts twice a year i.e. in the month of April & October.
- Online registration for ACET will be started from the 1stweek of Jan 2023.
- The registration fee amounts to Rs. 3,000/ which is non-refundable.
- The mode of the examination would be a computer-based examination i.e. online test.
- The examination center will be chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates who are outsiders belonging to another country are not liable to give examinations from outside India because the exam is being offered only in cities within India.
- There would be negative marking for incorrect answers
- The structure of the exam will be of MCQ type. The exam will be conducted online at a pre-selected test center at a specified time.
- The total no. of questions would be 75 which carries 110 marks.
- The duration of the test would be of 3hrs.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer.
Some Important Books to Prepare for ACET
- TOMATO (Test Of Mathematics at Ten plus Two levels published by ISI)
- ACTED Study Material by FAC and STATS PACK
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, Mc Graw Hill
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha
- Trishna’s Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and other MBA Entrance Examinations
- Problem Primer for the Olympiad by C R Pranesachar, B J Venkatachala, C S Yogananda
- An Excursion in Mathematics by M. R. Modak, S. A. Katre, V. V. Acharya, V. M. Sholapurkar
- The Pearson and Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Challenging Mathematical Problems with Elementary Solutions by A.M. Yaglom and I.M. Yaglom
- Word Power Made Easy Editor by Norman Lewis
- Problem Solving Strategies Editor by Arthur Engel
- Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics by New Age International Publishers