All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi conducts a national level exam called All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post-Graduate Test (AIIMS PG 2021). The exam is conducted twice a year (January and July) for admissions to MD, MS, M.Ch., DM and MDS programs. A candidate must have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate in the required qualification in order to be eligible to apply (50% for SC/ST category candidates). AIIMS New Delhi will issue the admit cards to successfully registered candidate online. The details about AIIMS PG 2021 are given in the article below.
Courses Provided through AIIMS PG 2021
- MD/MS/MDS/M.Ch/DM (6yrs)
- DM/M.Ch (3 years)/MD (Hospital Administrator)
Number of seats
AIIMS PG 2021: Important Dates
For MD/MS/MDS/M.Ch/DM (January Session)
|Basic registration starts from||4th week of August 2020|
|Basic registration ends on||3rd week of September 2020|
|Last date for correction for rejected images||4th week of September 2020|
|Final Status and updated images||4th week of September 2020|
|Date for Generation of code||–|
|Final Registration||1st week of October 2020|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of November 2020|
For MD/MS/MDS/M.Ch/DM (July session)
|Basic registration starts from||3rd week of October 2020|
|Basic registration ends on||3rd week of February 2021|
|Last date for correction for rejected images||4th week of February 2021|
|Final Status and updated images||2nd week of March 2021|
|Date for Generation of code||2nd week of March 2021|
|Final Registration||4th week of March 2021|
|Date of Examination||1st week of May 2021|
For DM/M.Ch (3 years)/MD (Hospital Administrator):
|Announcement of online registration||1st week of September 2020|
|Last date of registration||4th week of September 2020|
|Last date to submit required documents||3rd week of October 2020|
|Exam Date||1st week of November 2020|
- For MD/ MS: MBBS Degree from University recognized by The Medical Council of India.
- For MDS: BDS Degree from University recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- Candidates should have 55% marks in aggregate for Gen./OBC and PWBD (Gen./ OBC), for 50% marks for SC/ ST and PWBD (Gen./ SC/ ST).
- Completed 12 months compulsory Internship/ Practical on or before July 30, 2021.
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|For MD/ MS||5% seats are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities.|
|For MDS||1 seat is reserved for PWBD|
|General and OBC||INR 1000|
|SC/ ST||INR 800|
- Computer Based Test will be the mode of the examination.
- The exam will be conducted in one shift i.e. MD/ MS: 10:00 am to 01:00 pm and MDS: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Each course will have multiple choice questions.
- For each question four choices will be given, select the most appropriate one.
- No credit will be given for unanswered questions or marked for review.
- Questions marked for review shall be considered as unanswered.
|1||Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh, and Punjab|
|2||Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand|
|3||Assam, Tripura, West Bengal|
|4||Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan|
|5||Goa and Maharashtra|
|6||Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, and Odisha|
|7||Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka|
|8||Kerala and Tamil Nadu|
- Admission to all PG courses will be based on merit only.
- The combined merit list will be announced soon after results are declared.
- The schedule for the counseling will be uploaded on the website.
- The admission will be conducted in 2 rounds and one open counseling round.
Documents Required for Counseling:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Qualifying Degree Mark-sheet and Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- AIIMS PG 2021 Admit Card
- Proof of Internship
- Caste or category certificate
- Character Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Demand Draft of requisite fees
- For Doctor of Medicine: Anaesthesiology, Radio-Diagnosis, Biochemistry, Pediatrics, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PMR), Biophysics, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Pathology, Anatomy, Radiotherapy, Community Medicine, Pharmacology, Physiology, Dermatology and Venereology, Nuclear Medicine, Medicine, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry
- For Master of Surgery: Orthopedics, Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- For Master of Dental Surgery: Orthodontics, Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Prosthodontics