AILET 2022: All India Law Entrance Test is a national level entrance exam organized by the National Law University (NLU), Delhi and organized for providing admissions in UG & PG law courses LL.M, Ph.D. Programs, PG Diploma, B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), offered by the Delhi national law university and its affiliated institutions. The notification for AILET is likely to be published in the first week of January 2022. Candidates can fill the application form after some days of the publication of the notification. Check information related to AILET & NLU Delhi Admission including the application form, admit card, result, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. Check the eligibility before applying for the application form.
17th January 2022: AILET 2022 Application process has been started, interested candidates, can apply till 7th April 2022.
AILET 2022: Important Dates
|Publication of Notification||17 January 2022|
|Online application starts from||17 January 2022|
|Online application ends on||07 April 2022|
|Availability of admit card||21 April 2022|
|Exam Date||01 May 2022|
|Declaration of Result (BA.LL.B (Hons.))||3rd week of May 2022|
|Date of issue of admission letter||3rd week of May 2022|
|Closing date of admission||3rd week of July 2022|
|Interview of selected candidates||4th week of July 2022|
- For the Ph.D. programme, candidates must have an LL.M. Degree or equivalent with scoring a minimum 55% marks for general candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- For LL.M. (One year) program, aspirants should have completed LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with securing 55% marks (for general candidates) and 50% marks (for SC, ST, or PWD candidates).
- For B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) course, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with securing minimum 50% aggregate.
- Minimum 65% marks in the qualifying examination for BA LLB course for foreign National Candidates.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates must be below 20 years as of 1 July 2022 for the B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) program (22 years in case of SC/ST category).
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Online Application Form||Apply Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
- The application fee for general candidates will be Rs. 3000/-
- The application fee for SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PD) candidates will be Rs.1000/-
- BPL candidates from SC/ST category are exempted from the application fee.
- The fee payment can be done through offline mode (cash deposit at the post office)
- The fee payment can be done through online mode (Credit Cards/Debit Cards and Net banking).
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.):
- of Questions: The question paper will contain a total of 150 multiple-choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded to the candidates for the correct answer.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- There will be four optional answers will be given for each question.
|Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|General Knowledge (History, Geography, Economics, Current Affairs, General Science, Civics)||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
For LL.M Course:
- No. of Questions: There will be 100 objective type questions and 1 essay question.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted in the objective type section for the correct answer and essay section will contain 50 marks.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be around 90 minutes.
- Subjects: Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, and Legal Theory
- Total Marks: The question paper will carry a maximum of 150 marks.
For Ph.D. Programs:
- No. of Papers: The entrance exam will comprise two papers i.e. Paper 1 (Research Methodology) and paper 2 (Research Proposal Specific Paper).
- For Paper 1 the time duration will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- For Paper 2, candidates have to submit a research proposal not more than 15 pages on the topic of which candidates want to pursue a Ph.D.
- Paper 1 will comprise 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Total Marks: Each paper shall carry a maximum of 100 marks.
Ahmedabad (Gandhinagar), Amritsar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Bangalore, Bhopal, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, and Varanasi.
- On the rank secured by the candidates in the merit list, the admission in different courses will be based.
- For the Ph.D. program, candidates who have cleared UGC NET/JRF, SLET, and M.Phil. will be exempted from taking the admission test.
- For admission in the Ph.D. program, candidates have to clear the entrance exam after candidates have to make an oral presentation before the doctoral committee.
- For B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) course, through AILET 2022 merit list admission in 70 seats will be done and for direct admission to Foreign Nationals, 10 seats will be reserved.
- For the LLM course, 35 seats will be filled through AILET 2022 & 5 seats will be reserved for Foreign nationals.
|Persons with Disability||3% (25% for LLM)|
|J & K||2%|
- The syllabus will be different for all the courses.
- For B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) course, questions will be asked from General Knowledge (Geography, General Science, Current Affairs, History, Economics, and Civics), English, Legal Aptitude, Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability), and Reasoning.
- For the L.L.M. program, questions will come from these areas like Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Law of Contracts, Constitutional Law, and Legal Theory.
AILET 2022 Admit Card
Admit Card will be released by the university in the month of April 2022. Candidates can check the admit card on the official website of the university. The admit card will contain the examination details like candidates’ name exam date, timings, roll number, exam center, etc.
AILET 2022 Result
The AILET 2022 Result will be declared in the month of June 2022. Candidates can check their result through the official website of the university. Candidates have to secure at least 40% marks (30% marks in the case of SC/ST category) for the BA LLB course.