BCKV Admission 2023: Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal offers various UG, PG and Ph.D. courses in the faculties of Agriculture, Horticulture and Agriculture Engineering. The institute was established in 1974 having campuses in Bankura, Susunia, Chhatra, Mohanpur, and Burdwan. At the undergraduate level, BCKV offers B.Sc (Hons) and B.Tech courses while it offers M.Tech and M.Sc courses. at the PG level and Ph.D. program in various disciplines at the doctorate level. Application form for all the courses can be filled online through the official website. For more info about BCKV Admission 2023, candidates can read the following article.
BCKV Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Application End Date (Online)||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date of Payment (Offline)||3rd week of June 2023|
|Date of Merit for UG Courses||4th week of June 2023|
|Date of Entrance for Other courses||1st week of July 2023|
|Counseling||Last week of July|
|Interview for PhD||2nd week of August|
Courses Provided through BCKV Admission 2023
- B.Tech: Agricultural Engineering
- B.Sc (Hons.): Agriculture/ Horticulture
M.Sc/ M.Tech/ Ph.D. in
- Agriculture Meteorology & Physics/ Biochemistry/ Chemicals/ Biotechnology
- Agricultural Engineering/Chemistry & Soil Science/ Economics/ Extension/ Statistics/ Entomology
|Agronomy||Horticulture||Animal Science||Plant Physiology|
|Agriculture||Fruit Science||Plant Pathology||Vegetable Science|
|Farm Machinery & Power||Post-Harvest Technology||Genetics & Plant Breeding||Seed Science & Technology|
|Soil & Water Conservation/ Engineering||Post-Harvest Food Engineering||Spices, Plantation & Aromatic Crops||Floriculture & Landscape Architecture|
B.Sc.(Hons) Ag. / B.Sc.( Hons) Hort. Courses
Age: Not less than 16 years as on 31.08.2023
For B.Tech & B.Sc Courses
- The candidate must have passed the higher secondary exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The above qualification should be passed with a minimum of 50% marks for general candidates and 40% for the reserved categories candidates
For M.Tech/ M.Sc
- A 4-year degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture is required to apply.
- The above qualification should be passed with a minimum grade point 6.60/10.0 for general and 5.60/10.0 for reserved categories and Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 (relaxation of 10%)
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture with at least 60% marks for General categories and 50% marks for SC/ST
BCKV Application Form
The university follows a common application process for all the courses. Visit the official website of BCKV to apply for BCKV Admission 2023. Fill the application form and upload the desired documents. To complete the application form, candidates should pay the application fee. Submit the application form and save a printout of the same for future reference.
Step by Step Application Procedure
|Course Name||Application Fee (General)||Application Fee (Reserved Categories)|
|B.Tech/ B.Sc||INR 1000||INR 500|
|M.Tech/ M.Sc||INR 1200||INR 600|
|Ph.D.||INR 1500||INR 750|
- Candidates can pay the application fee through e-challan (offline) or by Credit/ Debit Card or Net-Banking (online).
BCKV Admission Process
A valid score in West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) will be used to provide admission to B.Tech. program. The marks obtained in an entrance examination conducted by the university will be used to provide admission to M.Tech, M.Sc, and Ph.D. courses. Final admission is offered on the basis of an interview conducted by the university for the shortlisted candidates.
For B.Tech & B.Sc Courses
- A valid score in WBJEE
For M.Sc., M.Tech & Ph.D. Courses
- Entrance Test conducted by the university followed by an interview.