BHU Admission 2019 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
BHU Admission 2019 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
Banaras Hindu University established in 1916 by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. It is formerly known as Central Hindu College. BHU is organized into 6 institutes and 14 faculties (streams) and more than 132 departments. It is the only university which has IIT in its campus named IIT (BHU). The university offers several courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and research level. Total student enrollment at the university exceeds 30000 and includes students from over 34 nations. BHU has released the notification for MBA programme for the session 2019-2021 and candidates can apply for the same up to 28th January 2018. Candidates are advised to read the official advertisement from before filling the form.
BHU Admission 2019- UET and PET Details
- The notification for MBA programme (2019-2021 Session) has been released and candidates can apply up to 28th January 2019.
- Click Here for BHU UET 2019
- Click here for BHU PET 2019
- B.A., B.Sc., B. Com, BA.LLB, Shastri, M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, LLB, MBA and various courses.
BHU Admission 2019 Important Dates
|Application release||10th September 2018|
|Last date to submit the application||28th January 2019|
For UET and PET
|Release of Online Application||10th February 2019||10th February 2019|
|Receipt of online application ends||9th March 2019||9th March 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||4th week of April 2019||2nd week of May 2019|
|Date of Exam||12th to 16th May 2019||12th to 21st May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of May 2019||Last week of May 2019|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of July 2019||1st week of July 2019|
BHU Admission 2019 Application Form
Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website. The information bulletin & application form will not be sold in offline mode. The last date to fill the application form will be the first week of March 2019. Take a printout copy of the online filled up application form for future records.
For UG Courses
B. Sc (Hons.) Maths Group
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination with Physics & Mathematics and any one of the following: Chemistry, Statistics, Geology, Computer Science, Information Technology, and Geography with minimum 50% marks aggregate.
B. Sc (Hons.) Bio Group
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination with Physics & Chemistry and any one of the following: Biology, Geology, and Geography with minimum 50% marks aggregate.
BA (Hons.) Arts
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination with minimum 50% marks aggregate.
B.Com (Hons.)/B.Com (Hons.) Financial Markets Management
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination with Commerce/ Economics/ Maths/ Computer Sc./Finance/Financial Markets Management/Vocational courses (related to Commerce) as one of the subjects with minimum 50% marks aggregate.
- Passed BA/B.Sc/B.Com/Shastri (at least 10+2+3 pattern) with minimum 50% marks aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST).
- The age should not be more than 30 years (35 years for SC/ST) on 1st July 2019.
For PG Courses
- Passed B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biochemistry/B.Sc. under at least 10+2+3 pattern with Biochemistry & secure minimum 50% aggregate marks.
M.Sc (Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Geography, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Home Science)
- Passed B.Sc (Hons.)/B.Sc. under at least 10+2+3 pattern & secure minimum 50% aggregate marks.
MA (Economics, Political Science, Sociology)
- Passed BA (Hons.)/BA/B.Sc (Hons)/B.Sc under at least 10+2+3 pattern & secure minimum 50% aggregate marks (except BA/B.Sc level).
MA (English, Hindi, Urdu, Philosophy, Geography, Mathematics, Home Science)
- Passed BA (Hons.)/BA under at least 10+2+3 pattern & secure minimum 50% aggregate marks (except BA level).
- Passed B.Com (Hons.)/ B.Com/B.Com (Hons.)-FMM under at least (10+2+3) Pattern & secure minimum 50% aggregate marks (except B.Com level).
MA (Mass Communication)
- Passed graduate degree in any discipline under at least 10+2+3 pattern.
- Passed 3 year LLB degree after graduation under at least 10+2+3 pattern or five years LLB under 10+2+5 pattern.
For Ph.D. courses
- Aspirants must possess Post Graduation Degree or its equivalent qualification from a known Institute / University with 55 percent marks in aggregate
For MBA and MBA-IB Programme
- Admission to the MBA & MBA-IB Programs shall be made through CAT.
- A graduate degree under 10+2+3 Pattern. Or
- A degree in Agriculture, Technology, Medicine, Education or Law. Or
- A Post-graduate degree in any discipline.
- For candidates belongs to General Category, a minimum 50% marks at the qualifying examination is required (45% marks for SC/ST candidates).
- The application fee can be paid through online via credit card/debit card/net banking.
|All courses [Except Shastri (Hons.)]||Rs. 250||Rs. 500|
|Shastri (Hons.)||Rs. 100||Rs. 200|
|Extra Fee (If applying for more than one course)||Rs. 100||Rs. 200|
|For MBA||Rs. 800||Rs. 1500|
- Candidates need to visit the official website of BHU or the entrance test portal to fill the application form.
- Candidates need to fill up the form ONLINE.
- Application fee has to be made either ONLINE through net-banking or credit/debit card, or in cash through Challan in any branch of HDFC Bank.
|Type||For UET||For PET|
|Shifts||The examination will be organized into two shifts, i.e. 8:00 AM onwards (1st Shift) & 3:00 p.m. onwards (2nd Shift).||The examination will be conducted in three shifts, i.e. 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM (1st shift), 12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM (2nd Shift) & 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (3rd Shift).|
|Exam Mode||Pen paper mode (offline mode).||The exam will be held in offline mode.|
|Language||The questions will be asked in English & Hindi language.|
|Duration||2 hours & 2½ hours as per the courses.||2 hours.|
|The number of Questions||150 multiple choice questions will be asked.||Total 120 multiple choice questions will be asked.|
|Total Marks||The question paper will be of 450 marks.||The question paper will be of 360 marks.|
|Marking Scheme||For the correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded.||For the correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded.|
|Negative Marking||For the incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.||For the incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.|
- The University will publish the admit card on the website.
- Admit card will be available before one week of the examination.
- Intimation of admit card will be done by sending an SMS or email to student’s registered mobile number/email ID.
- It is required to bring admit card while going to appear for the examination.
- Without the admit card, the candidate will not be required to give the exam.
- Result for various entrance exams will be displayed on the website.
- BHU will also release a provisional answer key.
- Merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks secured in the entrance test.
- The counselling will be done on the basis of marks secured in the entrance exam.
- The University will conduct its counselling through online mode.
- Students have to bring the allotment letter at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- The seats will be allotted to the students according to their rank and availability of seats in various colleges.
Documents to be submitted at the time of Counselling
- Qualifying exam mark sheet and passing certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- BHU entrance exam admit card
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- The syllabus will be comprised of 10+2 or equivalent examinations subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, for UG courses.
- The syllabus will contain topics & chapters of graduation level for PG courses.
- It includes the question from the relevant field/course opted by the candidates.
- The syllabus comprises of General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude and Mental Ability sections for the law exam.
BHU Admission 2019: Important Points
- The application fee can be submitted through credit card/debit card & e-challan.
- Candidates age should not be more than 22 years.
- The examination will be organized through offline mode.
- One mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- The question paper will be asked in English & Hindi language.