CA CPT 2023 (June Exam) Exam Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Cut-off
Chartered Accountant – Common Proficiency Test (CA CPT) is an entry-level examination that is organized at the national level and is conducted twice in a year (June & December) by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for candidates who wants to opt for Chartered Accountancy as a profession. CA CPT will be conducted in the month of June and December every year. For the June exam, the application forms are available from the month of April. Candidates who qualify the test will be shortlisted for the Chartered Accountancy Proficiency program.
Check here – How to prepare for CA CPT
CA CPT 2023 Important Dates
|Notification||Last week of January 2023.|
|Last date of registration||1st week of April 2023|
|The application begins||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date of application||Last week of April 2023|
|Application correction window I||May 2023|
|Application correction window II||May/ June 2023|
|CA CPT Admit card||Last week of May 2023|
|CA CPT 2020 exam date||June 2023|
|Result announcement||July 2023|
CA CPT 2023 (June) Registration
- CA CPT Application form will be available in the 1st week of April 2023 through online mode.
- Candidates who had registered first with ICAI on or before April 2023 in order to apply online.
- Candidates could apply before the due dates as the application form will not be accepted after due dates.
- The application fee will be different for a different category.
- The mode of payment would be (Master/Visa), DR/CR Card.
|Category||Application fee (without late fee charges)||Late fee charges)|
|For exam centers in India only||INR 1000||INR 600|
|For exam centers in Kathmandu (Nepal)||INR 1700||INR 600|
|For exam centers in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, and Muscat||$ 300||$ 10|
- Candidates must pass the 12th level qualifying examination from a recognized board of education or equivalent examination.
- And, must be registered with ICAI before the closing date for the June examination.
- Candidates who have completed the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees with the commerce stream with a score of at least 55% marks.
- Those holding bachelor’s or master’s degrees in any other stream than commerce must obtain at least 60% marks in aggregate of all subjects.
- Those holding UG/PG degrees from Open University were also exempted from appearing in CA CPT.
- Only objective-type questions will be asked which carries 200 marks.
- There will be negative marking i.e. ¼ of marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- CA CPT Exam Pattern is divided into 4 sections.
- The schedule for the CA CPT Exam pattern is mentioned below.
|Modalities of CA CPT||Details|
|Exam Mode||Pencil Paper Based|
|Test Medium||English or Hindi|
|The first session of CA CPT||Sec A – Fundamentals of Accounting||40||(two hours)|
|Sec B – Mercantile Laws||60|
|The second session of CA CPT||Sec C – General Economics||50||(two hours)|
|Sec D – Quantitative Aptitude||50|
|Total||4 sections||200||4 hours|
- The syllabus of CA CPT will be released by ICAI.
- The schedule regarding the complete syllabus of CA CPT 2023 is given below:
|Sections of CA CPT||Syllabus|
|Fundamentals of Accounting||
CA CPT Admit Card
- CA CPT Admit Card 2023 will get released generally prior 12-14days of the examination.
- Admit cards will be issued to the registered candidates only via online mode.
- Candidates need to enter their Login ID & Password and have to download the admit card via online mode.
- Admit card contains details regarding the candidate and examination.
- Most mandatory documents are required for appearing in the examination.
CA CPT Answer Key
Various coaching Institutes released answers but the official answer key will be released by ICAI. The CA CPT answer key 2023 is the set of answers to the questions which is usually asked in the CA CPT 2023 examination. The answer key will lead the candidate to estimate their answers by cross-verify their responses as marked by them in the examination. Prior declaration of the result, candidates know their results very well. Candidates have to remit the requisite fee for answer sheet verification.
CA CPT Result
ICAI will disclose the result in the month of July via online mode by publishing it on its official site. Candidates can check their results June examination can by login in through their registered account and can download their scorecard too.
|Section||Sectional cut off for CPT||Overall cut off for CPT|
|Fundamentals of Accounting||30% of 60 marks||50% marks|
|Mercantile Laws||30% of 40 marks|
|General Economies||30% of 50 marks|
30% of 50 marks
Official Website: https://www.icai.org/