CA Foundation Exam 2023: Initially, CA- CPT Exam was conducted but it has now replaced by the CA Foundation exam and organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The exam takes place twice a year and is an entry-level exam for aspirants who wish to get into the field of Chartered Accountancy. In order to become the Chartered Accountant (CA), aspirants need to clear the CA Foundation exam as it is the first stage after which Intermediate, and Final stages will be conducted. All the three stages should be clear in order to become a CA.
The online application form for this exam will be available on the official website of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Candidates must fill out the complete examination form for the academic year 2023 exam form before the last date. You can know the expected dates and complete schedule with the help of the table given in this post. Furthermore, more information about the CA Foundation Exam 2023 will be accessed through this post.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Notification
As per the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, there will be two sessions i.e. first in May and second in November month. The official notification will be uploaded soon on the portal of the institute. We recommend the aspirants to go through the schedule and start preparing for the exam accordingly. If you are applying late then you have to pay the late fee.
|Examination Name||CA Foundation 2022|
|Conducting Authority||Institute Of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||December 2023 / May 2024|
|Mode Of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Mode Of Applying||Online|
|Number Of Papers||4|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi/ English (English mandatory for Section B of Paper 2)|
|Basic Eligibility||Passed 10+2 or Appearing in 12th in Current Year|
|Exemptions||Graduates and Post Graduates or its Equivalent Qualification|
|Total Fees||INR 11,300 (registration charges, examination fees, and more)|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of exam form||Third week of February 2023|
|Deadline to fill the exam form without late fee||Last week of March 2023|
|Exam form with late fee||Third week of March 2023|
|Application correction window opens from||Last week of March 2023|
|CA Foundation exam 2023 May session||May 2023|
|Availability of examination form||Second week of September 2023|
|Deadline of exam form without late fee||First week of October 2023|
|Exam form with late fee||Second week of October 2023|
|Application correction facility||Third week of October 2023|
|CA exam date 2023 November Session||November 2023|
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants are required to satisfy the eligibility norms in order to participate in the CA foundation exams, these include:
- One should have passed or appeared in this year in intermediate examination or any equivalent examination carried out by a recognized board.
- Individuals should have registered for the Chartered Accountancy Foundation in any secession according to the schedule.
- Once the registration is completed, candidate should have gone through a minimum of 4 months of study duration before taking the exam.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Registration Process
In order to register for this test via the official portal of the institute i.e. icaiexam.icai.org, aspirants are required to fill out the examination form by following the guidelines given below:
- Firstly, open the web page of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- Now, input your Date of Birth, Foundation Course Registration Number, Mobile No., Email ID to complete your one-time registration.
- Complete the examination form and attach the duly signed, written statement. After that you have to verify the information on the review page, and fill out the complete exam application for 2023.
- Pay the recommended registration charges for CA Foundation examination.
- A test application receipt of the exam in PDF form will be generated. It is suggested to keep the same secure for future use.
Exam Form Fees
Prior to submitting the online payment, make sure to double-check that your registration number, exam medium, gender and exam applied for) is accurately filled out and no field is left blank.
The examination fee structure for various regions is as under:-
|Exam venue||Fee details|
|For Indian Centre(s)||Rs. 1500|
|Late exam fee||Rs. 600|
|For Kathmandu (Nepal) Centre||Rs. 2200|
|For Overseas Centre(s) – Except Kathmandu Centre||USD 325|
|Late fee for overseas centre||USD 10|
- Aspirants must possess with class 12th pass certificate for the requirement of documents from any reputed Indian board.
- One passport size color photograph of the exam taker to be affixed on the registration form.
- In case you are a foreign student, you must also attach a certified copy of your nationality.
- If you belong to the reserved category then you need to also attach a valid certificate of the same.
- Provide Income certificate.
- For the date of birth certificate, attach the attested mark sheet of class 10 in which your name and date of birth is provided.