Calcutta University Application Form 2018- Apply Online -99admissions
Calcutta University Application Form 2018 will be released soon likely to be in the month of June 2018. Calcutta University conducts the entrance exams which provides admission to various Undergraduate, postgraduate and Research programs in the field of Science, Commerce, Management, Arts, and Law. If the candidate wants to take admission in UG programs then they must be passed their 12th standard examination and for PG program is graduation degree in required in any discipline. Applicants can download the application forms from the official website of Calcutta University. The application fee of all the programmes may vary and the payment can be done through DR/CR card, SBI challan, Net Banking. Calcutta University conducts its own entrance test for these following courses like M.Tech, M.Ed., LLM etc. For B.Tech, the candidates have to appear for WBJEE and for MCA the candidates are selected on the basis of their score in WB JECA. Check all the information about Calcutta University Application Form 2018 in the below article.
Calcutta University Application Form 2018
- Online Application link will be updated here
|Closing date to apply for UG programmes||June 2018|
|Closing date to apply for PG programmes||July 2018|
|Last date to apply for M.Phil & Ph.D.||September 2018|
|B.Tech & M.Tech Online registration starts from||March 2018|
|Last date to apply for B.Tech & M.Tech||May 2018|
|Last date to apply for MCA & LLM||August 2018|
|B.Sc.||Pass 12th standard with Mathematics or Biology||Entrance Test conducted by the university|
|BA||Pass 12th standard with any discipline||Merit Based|
|BA LLB||Pass Intermediate with the minimum percentile of 45% marks||Entrance Test conducted by the university|
|B.Ed.||Graduation or PG is required with minimum 50% marks||Merit Based|
|B.Lib.Sc.||Graduation or PG is necessary with minimum score of 50% marks||Merit Based|
|B.Tech||Candidates must have passed Intermediate standard with the percentile of 60% in PCM.||The selection procedure will be through WBJEE.|
|M.Tech||B.tech degree is required in the relevant discipline.|
|MCA||BCA/B.Sc with minimum 50%||WB JECA 2017|
|LLM||B.A. L.L.B (Hons.) / B.A. L.L.B. / L.L.B (Hons.) / L.L.B||University Entrance Exam|
|M.Ed.||B.Ed./B.El.Ed./B.Sc.Ed./BA Ed. With minimum 55% marks.||Marks in Intermediate and Graduation and Entrance Test conducted by the university.|
|MA||Graduation in any discipline||Merit Based|
|M.Com.||B.Com. or graduation from IGNOU, NSOU or Distance education programs from other universities in West Bengal.||Merit Based|
|M.Sc.||B.Sc. with 55% marks||Entrance Test conducted by the university|
|M.Phil.||Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks.||University Entrance Exam|
|Ph.D.||Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks.||University Entrance Exam|
- For B.Ed. programmes: INR 150 (for general category) and INR 75 (for SC/ST/PWD) candidates
- For BA LLB & B.Lib.Sc. : INR 300 (INR 150 for SC/ST/PWD) and INR 150 (INR 75 for SC/ST/PWD) respectively.
- For LLM program: INR 400 (INR 200 for SC/ST/PWD)
- For MCA program is INR 100 (INR 50 for SC/ST/PWD).
- For M.Phil: INR 100
- For Ph.D.: INR 500(for general candidates) &INR 250 (for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- For M.Ed. : INR 150 for General Category and INR 75 for SC/ST/PWD
- For M.Sc. INR 100 for General Category and INR 50 for SC/ST/PWD
- For M.Com. and MA INR 300 for General Category and INR 150 for SC/ST/PWD
- Application fee can be remitted through DR/CR card/Internet Banking or By “SBI Collect” i.e. by cash to State Bank of India, C.U. Branch.
- For SBI collect system, it will require an additional commission for bank transaction.
Steps to fill Calcutta University Application Form 2018
- First of all, Candidate must go and log on the official website that is caluniv.ac.in.
- Click on “Admission Notice” tab which is available on the right side of homepage.
- Choose an appropriate link for the course you want to apply.
- Read all the instructions carefully and properly as mentioned in the notification.
- After reading the notification, you have to choose “Application Form for the Admission Test” link which has shown at the bottom of the page.
- After that fill it with complete details in correctly to the best of your knowledge.
- Upload all the scanned documents/ testimonials/certificates in support of age, qualification, certificate, DD etc as prescribed in the notice.
- Recheck the filled form and press on “Submit” button.
- Must fill the form before the closing date as specified below.
Calcutta University Application Form 2018: Important Points
- The admission to B.Tech program will be based on marks secured by the candidate in WBJEE exam.
- The duration of the paper will be of 2 hours. Exam constitute of 2 papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is of Mathematics and Paper 2 is of Chemistry and Physics. Both the papers have MCQ and subjective types of questions..
- The candidates applying for Lateral entry in B.Tech will get admission based on the performance in the merit list.
- For M.Tech program, the students will get selected on the basis of their marks secured in the entrance exam and interview.
- 70% weightage is occupied through GATE, 10% weightage for the marks scored in the entrance exam and 10% weightage given to the interview.
- Tech entrance exam constitute of 100 marks and the duration of the exam will be of one and a half hour.
- 50 multiple type of questions will be asked in the examination.
- In M.tech Entrance exam 2 marks will be allotted for each correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Bring the valid hall ticket along with the identity proof otherwise the invigilator will not permit you to sit in the examination hall & appear for the examination.