CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern
The latest information regarding CBSE UGC NET examination has been updated by CBSE on its official site so all the interested candidates who were looking for this updated notification, they can have a look on this in order to know about the mandatory details. This examination gets conducted on yearly basis. A large number of candidates appear in this examination in order to get Junior Research Fellowship. This examination gets conducted at the various Examination Centres across the country. Read the official advertisement from the official website. Information about CBSE UGC NET 2018 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc can be read in the article below.
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|LPU: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Notification
- CBSE UGC NET 2018 Notification will be released on 1st February 2018 and Application process will be started from 6th March 2018.
- CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern has changed, now it contains only two papers. Check Here complete details.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Important Dates- Announced
|Issue of Notification||1st February 2018|
|Online application form starts||6th March 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||5th April 2018|
|Last date of fee submission||6th April 2018|
|Application form correction||April 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||June 2018|
|Exam Date||8th July 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||To be updated|
|Declaration of Result||To be updated|
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application Form Details
CBSE UGC NET 2018 application form will be available on the official website of CBSE. Candidates are required to visit the official site that is www.cbsenet.nic.in. The payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card/E- Challan. Candidates can open the link to apply for the eligibility. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website. Take the printout of filled application form and payment slip for further usage.
Check CBSE UGC NET 2018 Short Notification
- Age Limit: The maximum age limit of the applicant should be 28 years as on 1st January 2018.
- Relaxation: upper age relaxation of 5 years relaxation will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
- Relaxation will also be allotted to the candidates having research experience.
- Candidates possessing LL.M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
- The application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI/ HDFC bank those who are submitting the fee through e-challan.
Steps to apply
- For general category candidates, it is Rs. 600 and for OBC category candidates it is Rs. 300 and for reserved category candidates, the application fee is Rs. 150.
- The payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card/E- Challan.
Exam Pattern- Revised
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions.
- The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions.
- The questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question in both the papers will be carrying 2 marks.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration||Timings|
|I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||1 hour||09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.|
|II||100 questions (all compulsory)||200||2 hours||11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.|
- It is important to take Admit Card with you while going to the examination center.
- An acceptable Photo Identity Card is any one of Passport, Driving license, College/Institute Identity Card, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Voters Id Card, etc.
- Candidate will not be allowed to give the exam, without the admit card.
- CBSE will announce the result online on the official website of CBSE NET.
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and date of birth.
- To be considered for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor the minimum marks need to be the score in paper-I and paper-II.
- The cutoff will be available as soon as the result is declared.
CBSE UGC NET 2018: Important Points
- UGC NET is the eligibility test for the post of assistant professor in Indian colleges/Universities. It is also the qualifying test for the award of Junior Research Fellowship.
- A relaxation of 5 years will be provided to the candidates who have research experience in the relevant subject of their postgraduate degree. LLM degree holders will get 3 years relaxation.
- Corrections will be allowed in some particulars after the submission of application form.
- You need to bring one Identity proof along with the admit card.
- There will be no negative marking in CBSE UGC NET 2018.
- You can pay the fee through credit card/debit card or e-challan.
- Candidate should have at least master’s degree from a recognized institution to be eligible for UGC NET.
- Candidates completed my post graduation in public administration can appear net exam for the subject of political science.