NTA UGC NET 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
UGC NET will be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) on behalf of the University Grants Commission. Candidates who will qualify this exam will be able to apply for the junior research fellowship and for the posts of assistant professor also. A large number of candidates appear in this examination in order to get Junior Research Fellowship. This examination gets conducted at the various Examination Centres across the country. Interested aspirants can read this post for collecting the information associated with the exam.
UGC NET 2019 Notification – Dates announced
- UGC NET 2019 Application Process has started on 1st March 2019. Candidates can Click Here to know how to apply.
UGC NET 2019 Important Dates
|Issue of Notification||5th February 2019|
|Online application form starts||1st March 2019|
|Last date to submit the form||30th March 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||15th May 2019|
|Exam Date||20th to 28th June 2019 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of Result||9th July 2019|
- Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as on 1st July 2019.
- For OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided.
- Candidates possessing M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
- Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience.
- No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for UGC NET 2019 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The appearing candidates of final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those candidates will get 5% relaxation in aggregate marks whose master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991.
- The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC at with least 55% marks in aggregate is required (50% marks for reserved categories).
- Appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- D candidates can also apply and there is a 5% of relaxation in aggregate marks.
- Such candidates should have the Master’s degree examination which should be completed by 19th September 1991.
For Assistant Professor:
- No upper age limit prescribed for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The students must hold PG degree or its equivalent with the minimum score of least 55% from a recognized university/institution.
- The students who have already qualified OR will qualify Postgraduate degree OR whose results are just as awaited OR the examination has been postponed (only in case) will be eligible to apply for UGC NET 2019.
- The PhD holder students who have done his/her PG degree prior September 19, 1991, were suitable to get 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
UGC NET 2019 Application Form
UGC NET 2019 application form will be available from 1st March 2019. Candidates are required to visit the official site of NTA. The payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card/E- Challan. Candidates can open the link to apply for the eligibility. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website. Take the printout of filled application form and payment slip for further usage
- The application fee can be paid through credit/debit card or e-Challan (in cash to Syndicate /Canara / ICICI bank).
- The application fee cannot be refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions.
- The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions.
- The questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question in both the papers will be carrying 2 marks.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration||Timings|
|I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||1 hour||Will be updated|
|II||100 questions (all compulsory)||200||2 hours||Will be updated|
- The result of UGC NET 2019 will be published on the official site in the month of January 2019.
- After result announcement, candidates can apply for the fellowship or the post of assistant lecturer.
- Candidates need to score the cut-off marks given below to clear the NET exam.
- Only those candidates who will secure the cut off marks will be considered for the fellowship.
- The authority will also prepare the separate merit list.
- For the candidates who will satisfy the cut-off scores, the subject-wise and category-wise merit list will be drawn.
- Candidates can get their e-certificates from the UGC NET bureau, after the declaration of result.
Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained
|OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PWD/SC/ST||35%||35%||60%|
UGC NET 2019: Important Points
- Corrections facility will be allowed in some particulars after the submission of application form. Candidates can make corrections/editing on the given date.
- For Junior Research Fellowship the maximum age limit is 28 years as on 1st January 2019 and for assistant professor no age limit prescribed.
- Candidate should hold the master’s degree from a recognized institution to be eligible for UGC NET.
- Application fee can be remitted through DR/CR card or E-challan.
- Candidates have to bring one Identity proof along with the admit card.
- 5 years of relaxation will be provided to the candidates who have research experience in the relevant subject of their PG degree.
- LLM degree holders will get 3 years of relaxation.