NTA UGC NET Application Form 2018: Eligibility, Dates & How to Apply
UGC NET Application Form 2018 (December) will be released from 1st September 2018. This examination gets conducted on yearly basis. A large number of candidates appear in this examination in order to get Junior Research Fellowship. In order to know about the mandatory details, all the interested candidates who were looking for this updated notification; they can have a look on this article. Information about NTA UGC NET Application Form 2018 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc can be read in the article below.
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
NTA UGC NET Application Form 2018 (Dec)
- NTA UGC NET Admit Card has been released. Download Here
- UGC NET Online Application process has started online application link is given below.
NTA UGC NET 2018 Important Dates
|Issue of Notification||7th July 2018|
|Online application form starts||1st September 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||30th September 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||19th November 2018|
|Exam Date||9th to 23rd December 2018 (2 Shifts per day)|
|Declaration of Result||By 10th January 2019|
Steps to fill UGC NET Application Form 2018
- Candidates are required to visit the official site. (Apply Here)
- Once you reach on the homepage, click on the application form link.
- Once the form is opened, fill up all the details.
- After that, you are required to upload your scanned passport size photograph and the signature of yours. Once the docs are uploaded successfully then you can proceed to apply.
- The payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card/E- Challan.
- After doing all these things, you can successfully hit the submit button.
- Lastly, take the printout of the filled application form and payment slip for further usage.
- Gather all the documents along with the filled application form. Attach it all together and then send it to the Registrar/Principal of the concerned institute.
- The application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI/ HDFC bank those who are submitting the fee through e-challan.
- Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as on 1st December 2018.
- For OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided.
- Candidates possessing M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
- Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience.
- No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for UGC NET 2019 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The appearing candidates of final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those candidates will get 5% relaxation in aggregate marks whose master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991.
- The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC at with least 55% marks in aggregate is required (50% marks for reserved categories).
- Appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- D candidates can also apply and there is a 5% of relaxation in aggregate marks.
- Such candidates should have the Master’s degree examination which should be completed by 19th September 1991.
For Assistant Professor:
- No upper age limit prescribed for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The students must hold PG degree or its equivalent with the minimum score of least 55% from a recognized university/institution.
- The students who have already qualified OR will qualify Postgraduate degree OR whose results are just as awaited OR the examination has been postponed (only in case) will be eligible to apply for UGC NET 2019.
- The PhD holder students who have done his/her PG degree prior September 19, 1991, were suitable to get 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions.
- The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions.
- The questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question in both the papers will be carrying 2 marks.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration||Timings|
|I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||1 hour||Will be updated|
|II||100 questions (all compulsory)||200||2 hours||Will be updated|
UGC NET Application Form 2018: Important Points
- The application form will be released on 6th March 2018.
- The application form will be available in online mode only.
- The Application form submitted after the due date will be rejected.
- Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the authority office.
- There is a new exam pattern released by the which is given above.
- Age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category people.
- It is important to take Admit Card with you while going to the examination centre.
- You can check the age eligibility criteria from the above-given section.
- The application fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable in any case.