CLAT 2019 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is the well-known law entrance exam conducted by National Law Universities (NLUs) on the rotational basis. Every year. It is organized at all India level for the candidates seeking admission in integrated LL.B. and LL.M. programme. CLAT Scores are considered by various government undertaking colleges & private law colleges across India. CLAT score is valued till the academic year i.e. if applying for 2019 session then only for the academic year, 2019-20 will be taken into consideration.
CLAT 2019 Notification
- CLAT 2019 Exam date has released. The examination will be held on 12th May 2019 (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm). Candidates can Click Here to apply for CLAT.
CLAT 2019 Overview
|EXAM NAME||CLAT 2019 (Common Law Admission Test)|
|ORGANIZING INSTITUTE||National Law University|
|EXAM TYPE||National Level Entrance Examination|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||Undergraduate & Postgraduate law programmes|
|MODE OF EXAM||Online Mode (Computer-Based Test)|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||200 questions (for UG) & 150 questions (for PG)|
|SECTION||Five section for UG & Three sections for PG|
|TOTAL MARKS||200 marks (for UG) & 150 marks (for PG)|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Multiple choice/Objective type|
|EXAM DURATION||Two hours|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||10+2 for UG & LLB/5 years Integrated LLB (Hons.) for PG|
|EXAM DATE||13th May 2019|
CLAT 2019 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification Date||4th week of December 2018|
|The release of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2019|
|Last date of Application Submission along with the order of preferences for NLUs||4th week of March 2019|
|Availability of CLAT Admit Card||3rd week of April 2019|
|CLAT 2019 Examination Date||13th May 2019|
|Publishing of Answer Key||3rd week of May 2019|
|The announcement of Result (issue of merit list)||4th week of May 2019|
|Counselling Commence||1st week of June 2019|
|Closing process of Admission||1st week of July 2019|
For UG Courses:
- Age Criteria: Candidates who are applying for the UG courses for them the upper age limit should not be more than 20 years as on 1st July 2019 (for unreserved category candidates/NRIs/NRI Sponsored candidates) and 22 years for OBC /SC/ST /SAP category candidates.
- Qualification Eligibility: Intermediate degree must for appearing for CLAT, 2019 with the minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
- Appearing in the 12th examination which will commence in March/April will also be eligible for CLAT 2019. Such candidates have to generate the proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: No age limit prescribed for the Post Graduate programme.
- Qualifying Examination: The prescribed qualification for LL.M. is LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/ any other equivalent exam.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must score the minimum of 55% marks for unreserved /OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) in the qualifying examination. For SC/ST, the minimum marks would be 50%.
- Appearing candidates who are in the final semester/final year examination may also apply.
CLAT 2019 Application Form
- CLAT Application form 2019 will be filled & submitted online only.
- Applicants can avail the official site CLAT in the 1st week of January 2019 for filling CLAT application form 2019.
- The first step is to register them by creating a LOGIN account using an E-mail ID.
- At the time of filling the application form, students were required to fill the preference order for NLU’s
- Next step involves uploading the scanned signature & photograph (30 mm x 45 mm) with size, not more than 100 KB.
- Don’t send the hard copy of the application form to the authority office which is valueless, as mentioned above the application form will be submitted through online mode only.
- For General/OBC/ SAP: Rs-4000/-
- For SC/ ST: Rs- 3500/-
- Mode of payment would be online through DR/CR card/Net Banking.
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
For UG Courses
- Questions: The question paper comprises of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each correct answer will be awarded and there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong response.
- Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
|English including comprehension||40 marks|
|General knowledge & current affairs||50 marks|
|Elementary mathematics (numerical ability)||20 marks|
|Legal aptitude||50 marks|
|Logical reasoning||40 marks|
For PG Courses
Manipal University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here
- Questions: 150 MCQ type questions
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be rewarded for each correct response and there will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong response.
|Constitutional Law||50 marks|
|Other subjects such as contract, torts, criminal law, international law, IPR etc.||50 marks|
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of CLAT varies every year. The syllabus of CLAT 2019 will constitute from these following topics: Legal aptitude, GK & current affairs, Elementary Mathematics, Constitutional laws etc.
CLAT 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card will be issued on CLAT portal in the 3rd week of April 2019.
- Only successful registered candidates will be issued the CLAT Admit card 2019.
- Admit card has to be downloaded from the official site.
- There is no facility of sending admit card via post or e-mail as mentioned clearly that CLAT Admit card 2019 will be issued online only.
- Candidates must carry one identity proof along with the admit card to the examination centre.
CLAT 2019 Answer key
- The authority will publish the CLAT 2019 answer key in the 3rd week of May 2019.
- The official answer key contains all the actual answers asked in the online examination of CLAT.
- If candidates are unsatisfied with the answer key, they can submit their request in case of any discrepancy in the answer key.
CLAT 2019 Result
- CLAT 2019 result will be published in the last week of May 2019.
- The result will consist of a candidate’s rank and scores secured in the entrance exam.
- Candidates can check their results by entering their login credentials.
CLAT 2019 Merit List
- Separate merit list will be prepared category wise, for UG & PG programmes.
- Merit list will specify state as well as All India Rank of examinees.
CLAT 2019 Counselling
- CLAT counselling 2019 will be conducted in the 1st week of June 2019 tentatively.
- The online counselling will consist of 4 rounds.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidate on the basis of ‘merit-cum-preference’.
- Candidates who are selected for admission have to remit the counselling fee which amounts to Rs. 50,000/- with CLAT-2019 Office.
Prepare for CLAT 2019 according to the syllabus
English including comprehension
- This section will test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
- It will be based on comprehension passages and grammar
- The grammar section requires filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, etc.
- Candidates will be questioned on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein etc, in the comprehension section.
- It will test candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics.
- This section includes a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
- This section will test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments.
- However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
General Knowledge and Currents Affairs
- Current Affairs will test candidates on their knowledge of current affairs.
- General awareness including static general knowledge will be asked.
- The legal aptitude will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability.
- With the help of legal propositions, questions will be framed, and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied.
- Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense.
- Candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.