DBT JRF 2021: DBT provides fellowship to meritorious applicants for pursuing research in Biotechnology through DBT-JRF Program. Candidates will be selected through the institutional selection process. The exam is held every year. Through the Biotechnology Eligibility Test Applicants are selected for online tests conducted in multiple cities. Two categories of merit lists are prepared based on performance on BET. Get more details about DBT JRF 2021 in the following article.
DBT JRF 2021 Updates
Department Of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science &Technology invites applications from Indian Nationals for the award of “DBT Junior Research Fellowship”. Last date to apply online is 31 July 2021
Categories of Merit List
According to merit, RFs will be selected under two categories: Category I & II.
- Category I fellowship (Top 275 in number): It is tenable in any University/ Institute in India where the students can register for PhD
- Category II (100 in number): The students will be eligible to join any DBT sponsored project and avail fellowship from the project. The fellowship would be equivalent to NET/GATE qualifications as per DST Guidelines. Such candidates are subject to selection through the institutional selection process.
DBT JRF 2021: Important Dates
|Online Application Form Starts||07 July 2021|
|Last date for an online application form||31 July 2021|
|Last date of the Application fee||31 July 2021|
|Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only||04 to 06 August 2021|
|Announced the Admit Card||August 2021|
|BET||14 August 2021|
|answer key and Display of question paper on the website||To be released|
|Last date of accepting representation of any discrepancy in Answer key & Question paper||To be released|
|Announce the Result||To be released|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|BET Online Application Form||Apply Here|
- EWS category applicants can upload their certificates by logging-in to the application portal.
- For General Applicants: They must have completed M.Sc/M.tech/M.V.Sc Degree or B.E/B.Tech in Biotechnology with at least 60% marks.
- For Reserved category Applicants: They will get relaxation of 5%.
- Result Awaited (RA) category Applicants: They who have either appeared or are due to appear in the final examination of their qualifying degree are eligible to appear in the test.
- For applying for BET Applicant, the upper age limit is 28 years.
- Reserve category Applicant will get a relaxation of 5 years.
- PH Applicant will get 3 years of relaxation.
DBT JRF 2021: Application Form
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Applicants are requested to go through detailed notification of DBT JRF 2021 on the official website before applying for DBT JRF. In order to apply for the exam, they should fill their personal & academic information carefully. Through scanned copies, only the applicants must upload their relevant documents. After submitting the application applicants are advised to take a printout of application form applicants must have a print admit card before the exam. Before filling the application form make sure to keep these details ready – Date of Birth, Study/Residence/relevant certificate for proof of local status, and Aadhar Card Caste in case of SC/ST/BC applicants, Hall ticket Number of Qualifying Examination.
|General and EWS||Rs 1000|
- Candidates paying fee online mode can pay through debit/credit/net banking.
- There will be two sections in the exam as Section A and Section B.
- Each section will be having a different number of questions.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- It is a computer-based test (CBT) conducted at designated centers.
|Sections||Number of Questions||No. Of Qs to be Attempted||Marks|
|Section A (General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, General aptitude, analytical, quantitative ability, general biotechnology, etc.)||50||50||150|
|Section B (Specific areas of Biotechnology)||150||50||150|
|Category||For Category 1||For Category 2|
|Other Backward Category||162||153|
DBT JRF 2021: Important Points
- After successful registration, there will be a message that the registration is done.
- The user Id and password will be sent to the mobile number of the candidate.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form.
- The application form will be submitted automatically after the payment.
- Select the name of the nearby district available in the list, if you are not able to find the name of your district.