Dr. MGR Medical University Admission 2022: Dr. MGR Medical University is a government Medical University and second-largest Health Science University in India. It is located in Chennai, Tamilnadu, named after the former chief minister of Tamilnadu, Late Shri M.G. Ramachandran. University offers multiple medical courses at Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral level. Dr. MGR Medical University offers Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) on the basis of marks secured by the candidate at the university entrance exam. The mode of application for admission is online.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T.)
- Bachelor of Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
- Post Basic Bachelor of Nursing (PB-B.Sc. Nursing)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (B.O.T.)
Courses under BDS
- BDS Dentistry
Courses under MDS:
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Prosthodontics & Crown Bridge
- Public Health Dentistry
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
Dr. MGR Medical University Admission 2022: Important Dates
- Registration for MBBS: 1st week of January 2022
- Registration for BDS and MDS: 1st week of May 2022
- For B.Pharm and B.Sc. Nursing: 1st week of January 2022
MGR Medical University Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have 10+2 with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology along English Subjects.
- For Backward Community, the candidate must obtain 60% marks in Biology, and 60% marks in Physics, chemistry.T he aggregate should not be less than 130 out of 200.
- For General Category candidate it is must obtain 60% marks in Biology, and 60% marks in Physics, chemistry. The aggregate should not be less than 140 out of 200.
- For M.B.C. Category candidate must obtain 55% marks in Biology, and 55% marks in Physics, chemistry. The aggregate should not be less than 120 out of 200.
- For SC/ST Category candidate must obtain 40% marks in Biology, and 40% marks in Physics, chemistry. The aggregate should not be less than 80 out of 200.
- The age of the candidate must be greater than 17 years before getting admission in MBBS program.
- For NRI candidate, 50% marks in biology and 50% marks in Physics and Chemistry is mandatory.
- This eligibility quota is not applicable for the candidates who are selected through All India Quota.
- Passed 10+2 level examination with 50% aggregate marks in physics, chemistry, and biology.
- SC/ST students shall be given 10% relaxation in the minimum required aggregate marks.
- Candidate age should be minimum 17 years on or before being admitted to the BDS course
- Candidate must possess BDS degree from any recognized university by the authority of this university and Indian dental council, and permanent registration from state dental council.
- Candidate must have completed one year of CRRI (or)
- 3 years of dental practice after BDS qualification with state dental council. (or)
- One year of house surgeon ship in a recognized dental college
For B.Sc (Nursing): Basic
- Passed 10+2 with science (PCB) and English core/English elective from the recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or equivalent with 45% aggregate marks.
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
For B.Sc (Nursing): Post Basic
- Passed Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary/ Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the University.
For Bachelor of Pharmacy [B.Pharm]
- Passed 10+2 examinations conducted by state/central government as equivalent by AIU i.e. Association of Indian Universities with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology as optional subjects individually.
- Passed 10+2 from the Open School education system of the Central Government/ State Government institutions.
- The online application for Dr. MGR University is available on the official website of the university.
- Applicants must open the official website of the university and click on the Undergraduate section for the admission in U.G programs.
- Now click on the new registration tab and complete the registration form and receive your unique user ID and password.
- Now click on the “proceed to application” button and log in with your Id and Password.
- Give all the details asked in step 2&3, fill educational details and upload scanned copy of signature and photograph.
- In the 4th step, you must pay the application fee by e-payment link.
- University will send you a unique reference no. as a payment proof within 24 hours.
- After completing the process of payment log in again to download joint declaration form and appendices.
- At the time of form submission, applicants have to upload a scanned copy of their signature, photographs, and left-hand thumb impression.
- Candidate can pay the application fee by any of the online modes.
- The application fee is non-refundable in any situation.
Dr. MGR Medical University Admission Process:
- Admission will be on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam.
- For the candidate of reserved category passing and eligibility criteria is 40%.
- For the candidate of General Category Criteria minimum passing and eligibility criteria is 50%.
- Admission will be awarded on the basis of cut-off and merit list.
- Candidates have to produce all the relevant documents at the time of counseling.
Dr. MGR Medical University Admission 2022 Cut Off
- The announcement of cut-off will take place after the declaration of result.
- For the admission in PG courses candidates have to clear at least minimum cut-off as per their category.
- Applicants have to score at least 50% for general, 45% for general PH, 40% for SC/ST/OBC/SCPH/STPH/OBC PH.
- The result of Dr.MGR Medical University will be available on the official website of the university.
- Candidate can expect results after one month of examination.
- Successful candidates have to appear for the counseling on the scheduled date at the asked location.
- Candidate must take the printout of the result for the counseling process.
- The result will be strictly based on performance in the Entrance Test.
- Candidate can download the result by entering the roll number and date of birth.
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Official Website: https://www.tnmgrmu.ac.in/