Dr. MGR University 2020 Admission Form, Eligibility, Dates, Courses
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University is a government Medical University and second largest Health Science University in India. University offers admission in the month of January and the mode of application is online for Dr MGR University. University was named after the former chief minister of Tamilnadu, Late Shri M.G. Ramachandran. University offers multiple medical courses at Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral level. Dr. MGR Medical University offers admission on the basis of marks secured by the candidate at university entrance exam. For the more details regarding MGR University admission like eligibility criteria, Dates, Application process candidates must read the full article. The application process will start on the 4th of January.
Dr. MGR Medical University 2020: Important Dates
- Registration for MBBS: First week of January 2020
- Registration for BDS and MDS: First week of July 2020
- For B.Pharm and B.Sc. Nursing: First week of January 2020
- Candidates must have 10+2 with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology along with English Subjects.
- For Backward Community, the candidate must obtain 60% marks in Biology, and 60% marks in Physics, chemistry.T he aggregate should not be less than 130 out of 200.
- For General Category candidate must obtain 60% marks in Biology, and 60% marks in Physics, chemistry. The aggregate should not be less than 140 out of 200.
- For M.B.C. Category candidate must obtain 55% marks in Biology, and 55% marks in Physics, chemistry.T he aggregate should not be less than 120 out of 200.
- For SC/ST Category candidate must obtain 40% marks in Biology, and 40% marks in Physics, chemistry.T he aggregate should not be less than 80 out of 200.
- The age of the candidate must be greater than 17 years before getting admission in MBBS programme.
- For NRI candidate, 50% marks in biology and 50% marks in Physics and Chemistry is mandatory.
- This eligibility quota is not applicable for the candidates who are selected through All India Quota.
Dr. MGR University Application Process:
- The online application of Dr. MGR University is available on the official website of the university.
- Applicants must open the official website of the university and click on the Undergraduate section for the admission in U.G programs.
- Now click on new registration tab and complete the registration form and receive your unique user ID and password.
- Now click on “proceed to application” button and log in with your Id and Password.
- Give all the details asked in step 2&3, fill educational details and upload scanned copy of signature and photograph.
- In 4th step, you must pay the application fee by e-payment link.
- University will send you a unique reference no. as a payment proof within 24 hours.
- After completing the process of payment log in again to download joint declaration form and appendices.
- At the time of form submission, applicants have to upload a scanned copy of their signature, photographs, and left-hand thumb impression.
- The application fee is Rs.14oo for the Indian National.
- Candidate can pay the application fee by any of online mode.
- NRI Applicants can also submit an application fee of Rs. 10,000 through Demand Draft in favor of the Registrar of Dr. MGR Medical University, Tamilnadu.
- The application fee is non-refundable in any situation.
- Admission will be on the basis of performance of the candidate in the entrance exam.
- For the candidate of reserved category passing and eligibility criteria is 40%.
- For the candidate of General Category Criteria minimum passing and eligibility criteria is 50%.
- Admission will be awarded on the basis of cut-off and merit list.
- Candidates have to produce all the relevant documents at the time of counselling.
- Candidates can download admit card from official website of Authority.
- Admit card will be issued to candidates 15 days before the commencement of examination.
- Candidates are required to print a copy of Admit card.
- Admit card will contain details like Roll number, personal details of a candidate like a name, Father Name, Date of Examination, Timing, and venue of Examination.
- Admit card is the mandatory document and must be carried on the day of examination.
- The result of Dr.MGR Medical University will be available on the official website of the university.
- Candidate can expect result after one month of examination.
- Successful candidates have to appear for the counselling on a scheduled date at the asked location.
- Candidate must take a printout of result for the counselling process.
- The result will be strictly based on performance in Entrance test.
- Candidate can download result by entering the roll number and date of birth.
- The announcement of cut-off will take place after the declaration of result.
- For the admission in PG courses candidates have to clear at least minimum cut-off as per their category.
- Applicants have to score at least 50% for general, 45% for general PH, 40% for SC/ST/OBC/SCPH/STPH/OBC PH.
Steps to apply for counselling process:
- To apply for the counselling, the candidate must visit the official website.
- Check out the recent update section.
- Now candidate must click on “Counselling session of Dr. MGR University 2020”.
- Candidates have to give all the information in the section.
- The candidate has to choose the college and lock the seat.
- Candidates who have not qualified for the first round of counselling must wait for the second counselling.
- Candidates have to pay a fee of counselling to appear in counselling.
Documents to be carried on the counselling:
- 10th class mark sheet and certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and certificate
- Caste certificate(if applicable)Domicile
- Rank /Scorecard
- Recent coloured passport size photographs
- Admit card/Hall card of examination
- Other reservation certificates
- Valid ID proof
- Photocopies of all documents