DU Admission 2019 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
Delhi University (DU) is a public central university which on the basis of qualifying degree merit/ Entrance Examination marks offers admission in multiple specializations under various undergraduate (UG) courses (B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, B.Tech) and postgraduate (PG) courses (MA, M.Com, M.Sc, M.Tech). It is one of the largest universities in India with 77 affiliated colleges spread all over Delhi, known for its high standards in teaching and research. Candidates are advised to read the official advertisement from the official website before filling the form. To get all the important information about Delhi University Admission 2019 like, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc read the article below carefully.
DU Admission 2019 Updates
- Delhi University Application process will be started from 2nd week of May 2019. Click Here to apply online.
- DU Admission 2018 Details हिंदी में जानने के लिए यहाँ – क्लिक करे
DU Admission 2019: Important Dates
For UG Admissions (Merit-Based Courses):
|Starting of Registration||2nd week of May 2019|
|Last date to register||2nd week of June 2019|
|First Cut Off List Publication||3rd week of June 2019|
|Approval of Admission||4th week of June 2019|
|Second Cut Off List Publication||1st week of July 2019|
|Approval of Admission||1st week of July 2019|
|Third Cut Off List Publication||2nd week of July 2019|
|Approval of Admission||2nd week of July 2019|
|Class starts||3rd week of July 2019|
|Closure of Admission||3rd week of August 2019|
For UG Admissions (Entrance Based Courses):
|Starting of Registration||2nd week of June 2019|
|Last date to register||4th week of June 2019|
|Entrance Exam on||2nd week of July 2019|
|Results on||3rd week of July 2019|
|Admission Starts||3rd week of July 2019|
For PG Courses:
Manipal University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here
|Starting of Registration||2nd week of June 2019|
|Last date tor register||4th week of June 2019|
|Admit card availability||4th week of June 2019|
|Entrance Exam on||1st week of July 2019|
|Results on||2nd week of July 2019|
|Group Discussion/Interview if any||2nd week of July 2019|
|Commencement of classes||3rd week of July 2019|
For Merit-Based UG Admission
|Bachelor of Arts (BA) Hons.||Italian, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, French, German, Hindi, Persian, Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit||Should have passed HSC (10+2) examination with at least 45% marks|
|BA (Voc)||Should have passed HSC (10+2) examination with at least 40% marks|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||Should have passed HSC (10+2) examination with at least 40% marks|
|(B.Com) Honors||Should have passed HSC (10+2) examination with at least 45-55% aggregate in marks.|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Honors||Zoology, Anthropology, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Statistics, Mathematics, Botany, Microbiology, Electronics, Geology, Physics, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Polymer Science, Biomedical Sciences, Food Technology, Mathematical Science, Life Sciences||Should have passed HSC (10+2) examination with at least 45-55% aggregate in marks (depending upon the specialization)|
For Entrance-based UG Admission
|Course Name||Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)||A minimum of 60% aggregate at 10+2 level in four subjects including English, Mathematics and other two subjects||Through Joint Admission Test (JAT) and GD/PI|
|BA (Hons) in Economics|
|Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)||Should have passed the HSC (10+2) examination with at least 50% marks||Entrance Test|
|BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences||A minimum of 60% aggregate at 10+2 level in four subjects||MCQ Based Entrance Test|
|BA (Hons) in Multi Media and Mass Communication (MMMC)||Should have passed HSC (10+2) with at least 75% aggregate in four subjects and 85% marks in English||Entrance Test|
|B.Tech (IT & M)||Minimum 60% aggregate at 10+2 level in four subjects including Mathematics||MCQ Based Entrance Test|
|B.Sc in Physical Education, Heath Education and Sports (P.E, H.E & S)||Should have passed the HSC (10+2) examination with at least 45% marks||Entrance Test|
For PG Admission
|B.Ed, B.Ed Spl. Ed. (Mental Retardation)||50% marks in Bachelors /Masters Degree|
|B.P.Ed.||Bachelors Degree inany discipline with 50% marks|
|LL.B||Bachelor or Masters Degree with 50% marks|
|LL.M||3 years or 5 years LL.B. Degree with 50 % marks|
|MA||BA(Hons)/BA or any other equivalent degree|
|M.Com||B.Com (H), B.Com (Pass), B.Com (Degree) or any other equivalent degree|
|MCA||Bachelor degree with 60 % marks in aggregate|
|M.Sc||B.Sc. (H)/B.Sc. Degree with minimum 50% marks|
|M.Lib.I.Sc.||Bachelors Degree with at least 50% marks|
|M.Tech in Microwave Electronics||Relevant bachelors or masters degree with 60% marks|
|M.Ed||Relevant bachelors degree with minimum 50% marks|
|M.P.Ed||Relevant bachelors degree with minimum 50% marks|
Reservations in Delhi University
- For scheduled caste students, 15 percent of the total seats are vacant.
- Reservation is 27 percentage for other backward classes (OBC)
- For the scheduled tribe (ST), it is 7.5 %.
- Reservation is 3% for PWD.
- Reservation is 3 % for girl students.
- 5 percentage of total seats are vacant each for Kashmiri migrants, sports quota, ward off defense persons, and NRI students
DU Admission 2019 Application Form Details
Based on the merit drawn on the basis of entrance test and interview/GD, admission is carried out in the Delhi University. The 85% weightage will be provided to the Entrance test and 15% weightage to GD and Interview, for admission to BMS/B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics/BBA (FIA), etc. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website.
|UG/PG Courses (Entrance Exam)||UR/OBC Candidates||Rs. 500/- per course|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 250/- per course|
|UG Courses (Merit-Based)||UR/OBC Candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 50/-|
- The answers have to be marked on the Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) sheet.
- There will be separate subjects from which the questions will be asked, for each course.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- The question paper for UG and PG courses will include objective type questions.
- For UG courses, 4 marks will be credited to each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
DU Admission 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card download link will be available in May 2019.
- Admit card will not be dispatched by post.
- It is important to take the Admit Card with you while going to the examination center.
- The candidate has to bring one identity proof along with the admit card.
- Candidate will not be allowed to give the exam, without the admit card.
- DU UG/PG entrance exam will be conducted in six cities namely Bengaluru, Delhi, Jammu, Kolkata, Nagpur and Varanasi.
DU Admission 2019 Result
- The result will be declared in the July 2019 tentatively.
- Candidates shortlisted in the written test will be called for interview/group discussion.
- By considering candidate’s performance in the entrance exam and interview/group discussion, merit list will be drawn.
- The category wise cutoff for different engineering branches in different colleges affiliated to Delhi University will be officially published by the officials on the respective website of the university.
- Candidates are advised to follow the syllabus as prescribed by the University.
- The syllabus for UG courses will be basically based on the 11th and 12th standard.
- For PG courses, the syllabus will be of graduation level of Delhi University.