DU B.Ed 2023: Central Institute of Education (CIE), Delhi University releases the notification for DU B.Ed. Admission. Candidates who want to build their career in teaching can participate in the DU B.Ed Admission process. Delhi University B.Ed Application form will be available from the 1st week of May. Check here details regarding DU B.Ed 2023 Admission such as Application form, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Admit Card and Result, etc.
DU B.Ed 2023 Updates
DU B.Ed 2023 Application form will be available from the 1st week of May 2023. Check Here DU B.Ed Application Form
Institutions offering B.Ed. Program
- Lady Irwin College ( LIC): For Women only
- Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE)
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for women (SPMC): For Women only
- Department of Education (Central Institute of Education – CIE)
DU B.Ed 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||1st week of May 2023|
|Submission of application forms ends on||1st week of June 2023|
|Eligible candidates list will be displayed on||June 2023|
|Entrance exam on||last week of June 2023|
|List of candidates eligible for first counseling||July 2023|
|First counseling on||July 2023|
|Payment of fee by applicants at selected institutions||July 2023|
|List of candidates eligible for second counseling||July 2023|
|Second counseling on||July 2023|
|Payment of fee by applicants at selected institutions||August 2023|
|List of candidates eligible for third counseling||August 2023|
|Third counseling on||August 2023|
|Payment of fees by applicants at selected institutions||August 2023|
- Candidates must have done graduation with at least 50% marks.
- Master’s degree in disciplines like Science, Humanities, Social science, and acquired a degree in technology or engineering will also be eligible to apply.
- Specialization in Maths and Science with at least 55% marks may also apply for the exam.
- The candidate must be 21 years old
- There is an age relaxation of 5% for those who are visually challenged
DU B.Ed Admission 2023
The release of the application usually takes place in the month of May. Fill the application form using online mode to apply for DU B.Ed. Admission. In order to access and fill the application form, candidates have to visit the official website of Delhi University. Before filling the application form, ensure to go through the brochure for seeking complete details. There will be a single application form through which the candidates may apply for various PG courses offered by DU. Enter all the required details in the application form and submit it before the due date. Pay the necessary application fee through an online payment gateway for successful application submission.
|Delhi University Application Form||B.Ed Entrance Exam 2022|
- The application fees for candidates belonging to the OBC category need to pay Rs 500/- along with the application form.
- The application fees for candidates belonging to the reserved category need to make payment of Rs 250/- along with the application form.
The selection of candidates will be based on the Written Entrance Test. Seats will be allotted to candidates to different institutions on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance test, subject category, depending on the rank in the merit list of their respective category, and preference of the colleges.
- Mode of Exam: Pen and paper mode
- Total number of questions: 400
- Duration: 2 hours
- Language: Hindi, English
- Sections: there will be 3 subjects as Teaching Aptitude/ Reasoning/ General Knowledge, Subject Knowledge at the school level, and Language Proficiency
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Type (MCQ)
- +4 mark for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response
|Subject Knowledge at the school level||Hindi or English||240|
|Teaching Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Awareness||Hindi or English||80|
|Language Proficiency (English and Hindi)||English and Hindi||40+40=80|
- Candidates can download the admit card from the main official website.
- Make sure to take an ID proof when moving to the examination hall for attempting the examination
- The answer key of the entrance test will be published within 24 hours of the successful completion of the entrance examination.
- Visit the official website to check the answer key concerning the question paper.
- The candidate can register a complaint in case of any discrepancy found in the answer key.
- The complaint should be made within the specified time period.
- Delhi University will publish the result online mode.
- The result will be declared by the university in the month of July 2019.
- The result will appear on the screen and take a printout.
- The merit list will upload within a few days after the exam after the result.
DU B.Ed 2023 Counselling
Candidates will be required following documents during Counseling
- High school certificate
- Mark sheet of all three years of the graduation
- Provisional certificate
- The Degree of the qualifying exam
- Required documents for authority in order to claim for reservation
- Character certificate of the last attended institution
- No Objection Certificate, if the person in is service
- ID proof
- Print out the application form
- Admit card
- Two latest photographs
Total Number of Seats
|Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Integrated Science||35||–||35||18|
|Language: Sanskrit, Hindi, English||27||–||27||13|
|Social Science: History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, Social Science||35||–||35||18|
|Other Subjects: Commerce, Psychology, Sociology||13||–||9||8|
|Other Languages: Punjabi & Urdu||–||–||2+2=4||–|
|Home Science: Offered only to Home Science students who have studied Science||–||100||–||–|
|Total Seats (=387)||110||110||110||57|
DU B.Ed. Admission 2023: Important Points
- Visit the official admission portal of Delhi University to fill the application form.
- Read the prospectus very carefully before filling the application form.
- Choose one teaching subject very carefully and also select the place of examination very carefully.
- Candidates are not allowed to make any sort of changes in the form once the payment is made.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the form and bring it while coming to the examination center.