BITSAT 2019 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) conducted by Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) is the entrance examination to provide admission to eligible candidates into various engineering courses. There are three campuses of the Institute viz. in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. The courses which candidates can pursue after qualifying the entrance examination are B. Tech, B. Pharm, and M. Sc from the Institute. Candidates can choose the campus as per their ease and comfort. Read the following article and know all the details about BITSAT 2019 like eligibility criteria, admission process, important dates, application form, and exam pattern.
BITSAT 2019 Notification
- BITSAT 2019 Application Process will be started from 2nd week of January 2019. Candidates can Click Here to apply for BITSAT.
BITSAT 2019 Overview
|EXAM NAME||BITSAT 2019 (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test)|
|ORGANIZING INSTITUTE||BITS, Pilani|
|EXAM TYPE||University Level Exam|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||BE, B.Pharma & M.Sc. Courses|
|MODE OF BITSAT 2019||Computer Based Online Mode (CBT)|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||150|
|SECTION||Chemistry, Physics, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm)|
|MARKING SCHEME||3 marks for each correct answer and -1 marks for each wrong answer|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|EXAM DURATION||3 Hours|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||12th exam passed with PCM subjects (PCB subjects for B.Pharma) with adequate proficiency in English|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
BITSAT 2019 Important Dates
|Release of Application Form||2nd week of Jan 2019|
|Last date to apply||1st week of Mar 2019|
|Editing in the application form||2nd week of Mar 2019|
|Allotment of Exam centre||2nd week of Mar 2019|
|Slot booking||3rd week of Mar to 2nd week of Apr 2019|
|Release of admit card||3rd to Last week of Apr 2019|
|Date of Exam||3rd to Last week of May 2019|
|Apply for admission||2nd week of May to Last week of Jun 2019|
|Release of Admit list & wait list||1st week of Jul 2019|
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates can apply for BITSAT exam through online mode. After registration fill the details like basic details, 12th exam, test center preference, etc. Fill the required details like Name, Gender, DOB, Email, etc. and submit it. Make the fee payment using online or offline mode. Don’t forget to keep extra printouts of the application for further use, after submitting the application form.
- For B.Pharma: Students must have cleared the 12th or intermediate or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology subjects must have obtained 75% marks in PCB/PCM group.
- For other courses (except B. Pharma): Students must have passed 10+2 or intermediate or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects must have obtained 75% marks in PCB/PCM group.
- Students who have passed 12th exams in 2016 or appearing in 2017 are eligible to apply.
- The fee payment can be done through credit or debit card, net banking and cash payment at ICICI Bank.
- The application fee will be Rs. 2200/- for other candidates.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1700/- for female candidates.
- Then students have to pay US $ 50 (Rs. 3000/-) for both male & female candidates, in case of choosing Dubai as an exam center.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted in computer-based mode.
- The duration will be total three hours (without break).
- The question paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Total 150 questions will be asked.
- Three marks will be given for each correct answer and One mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
BITSAT Admit Card
- The admit card shall be released through online mode.
- Candidates are not permitted to sit in the examination, without admit card.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card through the website.
- The admit card will contain details like candidate’s name, exam venue, exam date & timing etc.
- The result will be declared through online mode.
- Two merit lists shall be released, after the declaration of result.
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number on the website.
- One merit list will be released for B. Pharma course.
- One merit list will be released for other courses.
- Students have to fill the admission form through online mode, after qualifying the 10+2 examination.
- Admission list will be released, after seat allotment.
- As per their marks and filled preferences, seats will be allotted to students.
- Students have to fill their qualifying exam marks and preferences in the admission form.
- To confirm their admission, students have to report at the allotted college with required documents and fee.
BITSAT 2019: Important Points
- For CBSE students, include PCM and English/Hindi and any one additional elective (total five subjects) and for ISCE students, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- The application will be released in the second week of January 2019.
- The authority shall provide the correction facility in the application form.
- Students appearing in the qualifying examination in the year 2018 are eligible to apply.
- BITSAT exam will be organized via online mode only.
- One mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- There is no need to send the application.
Prepare according to the syllabus
Ordinary Differential Equations, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Algebra, Vectors, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Linear Programming, Mathematical Modelling, Integral calculus, Probability, statistics, Differential calculus.
Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Electromagnetic Induction, Units & Measurement , Gravitation , Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion ,Electrostatics, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics , Current, Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Optics, Electronic Devices, Oscillations, Modern Physics.
Stereochemistry, Atomic Structure, Surface Chemistry, States of Matter, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Kinetics, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Nitrogen and Oxygen, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, p- d- and f-block elements, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry, Biological, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry.
- English Proficiency (Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Composition).
- Logical Reasoning Nonverbal Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning
|Subjects||Class 11||Class 12|
Topic Wise Marks Allocation Of Chemistry
|Section||No of question||Max. marks||% Weightage|
Topic Wise Marks Allocation Of Physics
|Topic||No of Question||Total mark||%weightage|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||4||12||10%|
|Electricity and Magnetism||15||45||37.5%|
|Modern Physics|| 4||12||10%|
|SHM & WAVES|| 4||12||10%|
Topic Wise Marks Allocation Of English Proficiency
|Topic||No. of questions||Marks||Weightage|
|Synonyms & Antonyms||2||6||20%|
Topic Wise Marks Allocation Of Mathematics
|Topic||No. of questions||Marks||%Weightage|
|Continuity & Differentiability||2||6||4%|
|Straight Lines & Pair of Straight lines||2||6||4%|
|Theory of Equation||2||6||4%|
|Properties of Triangles||1||3||2%|
|Sets, Relations & Functions||2||6||4%|
|Trigonometric Ratios & Identities||2||6||4%|
|Matrices Determinants||3||9|| 7%|
|Permutations & Combinations||3||9||7%|
|Application of Derivatives||7||21||16%|
|Sequence & Series||4||12||13%|
|Limits & Differential Coefficient||2||6||4%|
Tips to Prepare for BITSAT 2019
- Check previous years’ question papers.
- Take a number of online tests.
- Download the syllabus and study it carefully if you feel so.
- Allot 1 hour everyday to reading a good newspaper.
- For PCM, earmark specific areas to concentrate on.