JK CET 2019
JKCET 2019 Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern
Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET 2019) is a state level examination conducted every year which is administered by JKBOPEE for admission to the programmes such as Engineering(B.Tech) and Architecture(B.Arch). This entrance will be helpful for the students to get admission in various government-based institutions situated in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. The exam is scheduled to be held on 21st April 2019. The application forms will be started from 1st February 2019. In order to appear for this entrance exam, candidates will have to apply for JKCET 2019. Scroll down the page to see more details.
JKCET 2019: Important Dates
|Availability of the Application Form||1st February 2019|
|Last date to Submit Registration Form||28th February 2019|
|Issuing Date of Admit Card||2nd week of April|
|JKCET 2019 Exam Date||21st April 2019|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of May|
|Counseling commencing from||1st week of June|
JKCET 2019 Application Form
- The Application form will be available through online mode.
- The application form will get the release from 1st February 2019 till 28th February 2019.
- Fill the details in the application form carefully.
- Candidates also have to upload copies of marks certificate (if the result is announced), permanent residence certificate, & category certificate (if applicable).
- Upload the scanned images (photograph size 500KB, signature & thumb impression size 200KB) in the JPG/JPEG format.
- Remit the application fee and don’t forget to take a print out of the filled application form.
- The age limit should be 17yrs on or before 31st December 2019.
- Applicants must be the permanent resident of J& K state.
- Minimum Intermediate or equivalent exam from a recognized board is required with the minimum percentile of 50% (for general) and 40% (for reserved candidates).
- Candidates have to qualify 12th standard with PCM & English as the main subjects.
- Students appearing in the final year will be eligible to apply for JKCET 2019.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11%|
|Children of Defense Personnel||3%|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||25%|
- Application fee amounts to Rs-800/- for all candidates.
- Mode of payment could be online (HDFC integrated payment gateway with any national DR/CR card) and offline mode (bank Challan from any branch of HDFC bank & J & K bank).
- The examination will be conducted through offline mode.
- The entrance test shall be held at the centers located in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only.
- 60 Multiple choice questions from each subject will be asked in the exam.
- The exam will be of 3 hours.
- 1 mark for each correct answer will be awarded and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Name of the Stream||Paper||Subject||No. of Questions|
|CET (Engineering) 2019||Single||Physics||60|
- The Admit card will be issued via online mode on the last week of April 2019.
- It is necessary to paste the photograph on the top of the admit card after acquiring it.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to bring the admit card on the exam date otherwise the invigilator will not permit to enter the examination hall.
- Admit card contains details like name of the participant, roll no., DOB, exam date and timings, exam venue etc.
- Answer key will be uploaded by the authority on to its official site after few days of the commencement of the examination.
- If any candidate is unsatisfied with the answers and wants to challenge the answer key then he/she has to submit Rs-1000/-.
- The result will get disclosed in the fourth week of May 2019 on to its official site.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the JKCET 2019 exam.
- Qualified candidates will be called for the counseling procedure.
- No separate call letter will be sent to the candidates.
- Candidates have to bring their original certificates along with Rs-500/- as a counseling fee.
- In the counseling session, candidates have to select the college/course according to their preference.
Documents required at the time of JKCET 2019 Counselling
- 10th and 12th Marksheet and Passing certificate.
- DOB certificate
- Permanent resident certificate
- Scorecard of JKCET 2019 exam
- Category certificate
- Challan copy
- The syllabus will be based on 11th and 12th standard and the questions will be asked from these subjects such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics.