KCET 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2019) is a state level entrance test conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) for admission to various UG programmes of B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.Arch & etc. It was also known by the name of “CET-2019”. In order to appear for the examination, candidates need to fill and submit the KCET 2019 Application form. The examination is scheduled to be held in the 1st week of May 2019. For more details about KCET 2019 read the article mentioned below.
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: MTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: BBA Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: LLB Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: B.Des Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
KCET 2019 Notification
- KCET 2019 Application form are available from the 1st February 2019. Candidates can Click Here to apply for Karnataka CET 2019.
- B.Sc (Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry)
- B.Sc Agri Bio-Technology
- BH.Sc. (home science)
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy) courses.
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology)
KCET 2019 Overview
|EXAM NAME||KCET 2019 (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)|
|ORGANIZING AUTHORITY||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|EXAM TYPE||State Level Entrance Test|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||B.Sc (Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry), B.Sc Agri Bio Technology, Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, BH.Sc. (home science), B.F.Sc. (Fisheries), B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op), B.Pharm, Pharm-D and AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy) courses, B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology),.|
|MODE OF EXAM||Pen and Paper based mode in OMR pattern|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||240|
|SECTION||Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|MARKING SCHEME||1 mark for each correct answer and 0 marks for each incorrect answer|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Multiple Choice Questions|
|EXAM DURATION||5 hours and 20 minutes|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||10+2 with different subjects for different courses|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
KCET 2019: Important Dates
|Availability of the Online Application form||1st February 2019|
|Last date to submit Application Form||28th February 2019|
|Last Date for Fee||6th March 2019|
|Edit application form||19th – 25th March 2019|
|Availability of the Admit Card date||2nd week of April 2019|
|KCET 2019 Exam Date||23rd, 24th & 25th April 2019|
|Result Declaration||Last week of May 2019|
|Commencement of Counselling||2nd week of June 2019|
KCET 2019 Application Form Details
KCET 2019 application form will be available via online mode in the 4th week of January 2019 lasting till 1st week of March. Candidates need to upload the scanned images like photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression in the prescribed format. Candidates have to fill the personal details carefully prior to filling the application form. Take a print out of the successful filled application for further reference.
For Engineering/Architecture Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify the 2nd PUC/Intermediate or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Subject: Candidates must pass their qualifying examination with Physics & Mathematics as a main subject & English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: It is compulsory to score the minimum percentile of 45% marks (40% marks in SC/ST category) in physics and mathematics along with one of the subjects, i.e. Biology Biotechnology/ Chemistry /Electronics/ Computer science.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- For architecture programmes, candidates should have a valid NATA scorecard.
For Pharmacy/Science Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their 2nd PUC/Intermediate or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum percentile of 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST Category) in PCB group.
- Appearing candidates will be eligible to apply for it.
The application fee for various categories is mentioned below:
|General & OBC||Rs. 650/-|
|SC/ST candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 500/-|
|Candidates residing outside of Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside of India||Rs. 5000/-|
- Application fee payment will be done in offline mode (bank Challan).
- Candidates residing outside India can pay the fee through DD drew in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority payable at Bangalore.
- DD should be sent to KEA address mentioning the application number.
- Mode of the examination: Offline (Pen and Paper based mode).
- Type of questions: MCQ
- No. of questions: 60 will be asked from each section.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer and there is no provision of negative marking.
- Duration: 320 minutes i.e. 80 minutes allotted for each section.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Time Allotted (in Minutes)|
|Kannada (in case)||50||80|
- KCET 2019 Admit card will be provided to the candidates via online mode from the 3rd week of April 2019.
- Admit card contains details such as the name of the candidate, roll no, exam date and timings, venue of the examination etc.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the admit card on the exam date.
- The result will be declared in the last week of May 2019 through online mode.
- In order to check the result, candidates have to enter the registration number.
- The cut-off will be disclosed by the authority after result declaration.
- KCET 2019 Counselling will commence in the 2nd week of June 2019.
- Candidates who will be shortlisted will be called for the counselling procedure.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates according to the choices filled and availability of the seats.
Documents required at the time of KCET 2019 Counselling
- 10th and 12th Marksheet and passing certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- Print copy of the filled application form
- KCET 2019 scorecard
- Two latest passport size photograph
- The Syllabus will be prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
- Syllabus for engineering courses will be based on PCM subjects and syllabus for pharmacy will be based on PCB subjects.
- Detailed syllabus is given below:
|First Year||Second Year|
|Unit I: Physical World and Measurement|
Unit II: Kinematics
Unit III: Laws of Motion
Unit IV: Work, Energy and Power
Unit V: Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Unit VI: Gravitation
Unit VII: Properties of Bulk Matter
Unit VIII: Thermodynamics
Unit IX: Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Unit X: Oscillations and Waves
|Unit I: Electrostatics|
Unit II: Current Electricity
Unit III: Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Unit IV: Electromagnetic induction and Alternating Currents
Unit V: Electromagnetic waves
Unit VI: Optics
Unit VII: Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Unit VIII: Atoms & Nuclei
Unit IX: Electronic Devices
Unit X: Communication systems
|First Year||Second Year|
|Unit I: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
Unit II : Structure of Atom
Unit III : Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Unit IV: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Unit V: States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
Unit VI: Chemical Thermodynamics
Unit VII: Equilibrium
Unit VIII: Redox Reactions
Unit IX: Hydrogen
Unit X: S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals )
Unit XI: Some p-Block Elements
Unit XII: Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
Unit XIII: Hydrocarbons
Unit XIV: Environmental Chemistry
|Unit I: Solid State|
Unit II: Solutions
Unit III: Electrochemistry
Unit IV: Chemical Kinetics
Unit V: Surface Chemistry
Unit VI: General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
Unit VII: p-Block Elements
Unit VIII: d and f Block Elements
Unit IX: Co-ordination compounds
Unit X: Haloalkanes and Haloarenes.
Unit XI: Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Unit XII: Aldehydes and Ketones and Carboxylic Acids:
Unit XIII: Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
Unit XIV: Biomolecules
Unit XV: Polymers
Unit XVI: Chemistry in Everyday life
Algebra: Theory Of Indices And Logarithms, Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Partial Fractions, Elements Of Number Theory And Congruences, Analytical Geometry And Calculus, Mathematical Induction, Theory Of Equations, Permutations And Combinations, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus
Trigonometry: Relations Between Sides And Angles Of A Triangle, Measurement Of Angles And Trigonometric Functions
KCET 2019: Important Points
- You can fill the application through online mode only.
- Appearing candidates can also fill the application form of KCET 2019.
- The registration will be started from the fourth week of January 2019.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through the SBI bank challan.
- Candidates can check the eligibility from the above-given section.
- The eligibility criteria vary as per the courses opted by the students.
- The application form is common for all the courses.
- You can attend only physics, chemistry and biology papers.