KEAM 2019 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical (KEAM) is a state level examination conducted by CEE or Commissioner of Entrance Examination in Kerala state. The examination is conducted for the purpose of providing admission in the several courses such as B.FSc and B.Tech (in all regular branches including agriculture, and dairy science, food engineering and technology), BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, BDS, MBBS, B.Sc, B.Sc (Hon) agriculture and B.VSc (Animal Husbandry).
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: MTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: BBA Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: LLB Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|UPES: B.Des Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
KEAM 2019 Important Updates
- KEAM 2019 Application Process will be started from 1st week of February 2019. Click Here to apply online for the test.
KEAM 2019 Important Dates
|Commencement of online applications||1st week of February 2019|
|Closing date for online applications||Last week of February 2019|
|Last date for receipt of online application printout||Last week of February 2019|
|Availability of admit cards||2nd week of April 2019|
|Exam Date Paper I (Physics & Chemistry)||Last week of April 2019|
|Exam Date Paper II (Mathematics)||Last week of April 2019|
|Releasing of Answer Key||1st week of May 2019|
|Declaration of results||Last week of May 2019|
|Counselling starts from||Last week of June 2019|
- Candidate should be originated from India.
- OCI or Overseas Citizen of India and PIO or Person of Indian Origin candidates can also apply for the exam.
- The OCI and PIO will be exempted for not giving any reservation.
Categories described below:
- The candidates of Kerala who have originated in Kerala will be considered into the category of Keralite.
- The children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) selected to Kerala cadre considered to be ‘Keralites’.
- These Non-Keralites won’t be applicable for /Special/Persons/Communal with Disabilities reservation or with any sort of fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category I [NK I]
- Candidates who have undergone the qualifying of the course in Kerala and those who are the child of Non-Keralite parents belonging to Defence Service /Government of India posted to Kerala.
- Candidates who are not originally from Kerala is not of Kerala Origin but reside in Kerala State 5 years within the duration of 12 years during the study period.
- Candidates who have undergone the qualifying of the course in Kerala and those who are the child of Non-Keralite parents serving or served Government of Kerala for at least 2 years
- Candidates who are not originally from Kerala but have done school study from Kerala VIII to XII.
Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]
- Candidates who are not in either ‘Keralite’ nor in ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ considered as ‘Non-Keralite Category-II’ and they are applicable for getting admission to the Management quota seats for the Engineering courses in Government Controlled Self financing Colleges.
- Candidates from this category are eligible for getting admitted to the Government Seats and Management Quota seats in Private Self Financing, Architecture or Colleges Engineering which will be notified separately.
- They will not be applicable for Communal or Special or Persons with Disabilities reservation or any kind of fee exemption.
- Those who have completed 17 years of age as on or before Dec 31 can apply for the examination.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 from the recognized board and gained 50% in aggregate of Chemistry, Physics, and core subjects all put together and gained 50% in the core as Maths for architecture and engineering or biotechnology/biology (for medical and allied courses).
- For medical courses, like MBBS and BDS, biotechnology is the valid subject to be considered.
- For admission in architecture, candidates required to have secured 50% in 10+2 with Maths as the main subject
- For admission in engineering, Computer science or biotechnology can be considered rather than chemistry
- Application fee amounts to Rs-1000/- (for general) and Rs-500/- (for SC).
- No application fee will be charged by the ST candidates.
- Mode of payment would be through Demand Draft or with Security Card which can be purchased from selected Post Office.
- The DD has to be drawn from a Nationalized/Scheduled Bank, in favor of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen and Paper Based).
- No. of Papers: KEAM 2019 will be held in 2 papers.
- Types of questions: Objective type.
- No. of Questions: 120
- Exam Duration: 2 ½ hrs for each paper i.e. total duration of both the papers will be of 5hrs.
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every right response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Time|
|Paper I||Chemistry & Physics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
|Paper II||Mathematics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
- The admission will be based on candidate performance in the entrance examination.
- The qualified candidate will be assigned ranking in the order of merit on the basis of 50:50 score obtained in KEAM 2020 and qualifying examination.
- Candidates will be called for counselling after the announcement of results.
KEAM 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus will be based on the 12th standard from PCM Subjects through students can prepare accordingly.
KEAM 2019 Admit Card
Admit card of KEAM 2019 will be released through online mode in the last week of March 2019.in order to download the admit card, candidates have to enter the DOB and application number. Admit card contains details related to the examination and candidate such as candidate name, roll no., DOB, exam venue, date and timings, instructions to be followed during examination etc.
KEAM 2019 Answer key
KEAM 2019 Answer key will get disclosed after few days of the commencement of the examination. Answer key contains set of answers to the questions asked in the examination. If any candidate is unsatisfied with the answer key, then he/she can complain by paying Rs-100 per question before due dates.
KEAM 2019 Result
The result will get declare in the fourth week of May 2019 via online mode. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the KEAM exam and qualifying marks will also be taken into consideration while preparing merit list.
KEAM 2019 Counselling
- The counselling and seat allotment is completely online through Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) in single window.
- The KEAM Counselling will begin in the month of June 2020.
- Counselling procedure which involves seat allocation will get commence by the Centralized Allotment Process(CAP).
- Candidate must register for online after counselling information updated on the official website.
- Candidate will be called for certificate verification and be exercising the web options.
- Candidates should register options only to those courses/colleges which they are sure to join on the allotment.
- If the candidate fails to remit fee/join the college, he/she will not be eligible for any further allotment in any stream.