National Board of Examinations (NBE) will conduct a Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Exam (FMGE). It allows Indian nationals with foreign medical qualifications to practice in India. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted two times in one year, i.e., in June and December. Candidates can get provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council through FMGE 2022. This is a screening test for the Indian national candidates who have a qualification degree from a foreign university and wish to practice in India.
FMGE 2022 Exam Date has been announced for both June & December sessions. It will be held on 4th June & 17th December 2022 respectively.
FMGE 2022: Important Dates
|Events||For June 2022||For December 2022|
|Opening of registration||2nd week of April 2022||October 2022|
|Closing of registration||1st week of May 2022||November 2022|
|Releasing of admit card||4th week of June 2022||December 2022|
|Date of Exam||04 June 2022||17 December 2022|
|Declaration of result||4th week of July 2022||January 2022|
- A candidate should be the citizen of India or Overseas citizen of India.
- Candidates must have the primary medical qualification (on or before 31st May 2022) which is approved by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as a medical practitioner in India.
- The proof/documentary evidence in support of the candidate having passed the final examination is mandatory to provide on or before the cut-off date.
- Candidates those holding a UG medical qualification from Australia/ Canada/New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America and seeking for provisional or permanent registration are exempted to give the screening test.
The application form can be filled and submitted through online mode only. Candidates should read the Information Bulletin carefully before filling the application form of FMGE 2022. Fill all the required details carefully in the application form. Candidates can correct it by click on “Edit Profile” or “Edit Application”. Must keep the printout of it for future reference.
Documents to be submitted to NBE (Copy of)
- Date of Birth Proof (certificate of 10th class)
- 10+2 Passing Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Passport of the Applicant (Front page & Last page-Personal Information)
- MBBS Pass (in English/Hindi)
- MBBS Pass certified by the Embassy/Apostiled
- Address Proof (Voter Id/Passport/Driving License)
- Two Photographs
- Internship Certificate (if done in Abroad)
- Eligibility Certificate issued by MCI.
- Fail Certificate/Result for Ex-candidates
- Equivalence Certificate
Application Fee of FMGE 2022
- The application fee for FMGE 2022 will be Rs.5500/-.
- Submit the application fee through credit card/debit card/internet banking.
- Candidates make sure that the application fee is not transferred or refundable in any circumstances.
- The exam will be conducted through online mode (CBT).
- The question paper will be asked in the English language.
- 300 Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in the exam.
- No negative marking in the exam.
- The exam is divided into two parts of 150 questions.
- Each part is with time allocation of 150 minutes for each part.
- There is no limit to appear in the exam.
For Pre and Para Clinical Subjects
For Clinical Subjects
|Medicine and Allied Subjects|
|Dermatology and STD||5|
|General Surgery and Allied Subjects|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||30|
Exam Centers for FMGE 2022
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
The exam of FMGE 2022 will be conducted at the following centers: Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kochi, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, New Delhi, Noida, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram