GATE Admit Card 2019
GATE Admit Card 2019: Details and Download
GATE is conducted by IISc & IITs on a rotation basis to provide admission in postgraduate engineering & PhD programme. Most probably GATE Admit Card 2019 will be released in the month of January 2019. Admit Card includes the description of the candidate like name, DOB, date& timings of the examination, exam venue etc. Applicants have to bring the printed GATE Admit Card 2019 along with one identity proof- Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhaar UID, Passport, Valid College ID, Driving License or Employee identification card. The article below is giving all the important details about GATE Admit Card 2019 like Important Dates, Steps to download, and details in the Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Important Instructions. Read the article carefully and follow the exam rules.
GATE Admit Card 2019: Important Dates
|Last Date to request for change in examination city||Nov 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||Jan 2019|
|Exam Date||Jan – Feb 2019|
|Declaration of result||Mar 2019|
|Counselling Commence||Second week of Apr 2019|
GATE Admit Card 2019 Details
- Admit card can be downloadable from the GOAPS website.
- It will not be sent via email/post.
- The successfully registered candidates will be able to download the GATE 2019 admit card on 5th January 2019.
- Students also need to bring one identification proof with the printed copy of admit card, to the examination hall.
Steps to download GATE Admit Card 2019
- Visit the official portal to download the Gate Admit Card 2019.
- Enter your Enrollment no, & Password
- Log in
- Click on Admit Card/Hall Ticket link on log in.
- Download it and take the print out of the admit card and keep it safely.
Details in GATE Admit Card 2019
- Date of exam
- Time of Exam
- Registration No of Candidate
- Name of Candidate
- GATE paper appearing for
- Exam Centre Address in detail
- Photograph of candidates
- Signature of candidate
- Instructions for candidates
|Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Questions Asked||65|
|Question Types||Two types of questions asked:|
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Marking Scheme for 1-mark MCQs||1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect attempt.|
|Marking Scheme for 2-mark MCQs||The candidate will be penalised 2/3 mark for wrong attempt|
|Marking Scheme for questions that aren’t attempted||Zero marks will be awarded.|
|Negative Marking Scheme||There is no negative marking for numerical answer type (NAT) questions.|
|Sections||The question paper of GATE 2018 will consist of three sections:|
Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)
- It is known that GATE is held for 23 papers.
- Syllabus for each discipline is different.
- For an effective preparation, it is important to know each and every topic from where the questions will be asked.
- It is hard to describe the complete syllabus of GATE in few lines.
- However, the students can download the official PDF of GATE 2019 syllabus for PE, PH, PI, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, AE, AG, AR, BT, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, TF and XL.
GATE Admit Card 2019: Important Points
- It is important to take admit card while going for examination.
- Admit card will be necessary throughout the process.
- Candidates can check their GATE Admit Card 2018 from Zonal GATE website.
- GATE Admit Card 2018 will not be sent through Post or email.
- You can appear the exam any number of times.
- Applicants can download their Admit Card by entering the candidate registration no. and DOB on to the official link.