GCET 2023: Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) is a state-level offline entrance examination conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) for the admissions to Degree courses in Engineering and Pharmacy in the state of Goa. The qualified candidates in GCET can get admissions in the government and private engineering and pharmacy colleges of Goa. Many colleges & institutions of Goa state consider the GCET score for seeking admissions into a different course.
GCET 2023: Important Dates
|The application form will be release
||1st week of November 2022
|Application Form & Collection of admit Card
||4th week of March 2023
|The last date to submit the application fee
||4th week of April 2023
||1st week of May 2023
|Announcement of result
||2nd week of May 2023
|Application forms for admission
||3rd week of May 2023
|1st Round of Counselling starts
||4th week of May 2023
|2nd Round of Counselling starts
|| 2nd week of July 2023
- Only Indian nationals and NRIs or OCI can apply.
- There is no age limit for admission in pharmacy and engineering courses.
- Engineering courses: Candidates must be pass 10+2 with PCB and additional subjects like Chemistry, Biology, Computer science. Candidates must have scored 45% marks for the general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH Candidates.
- B.Arch.: Candidates must be pass 10+2 with PCM. Candidates must have scored 50% marks for the general group and 45% for SC/ST/PH Candidates.
- BHMS and AHS: Candidates must be pass 10+2 with PCB. Candidates must have scored 50% marks for the general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH Candidates.
- B.SC. Nursing: Candidates must be pass 10+2 with PCB and English subjects. Candidates must have scored 50% marks for the general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH Candidates.
- B.Pharm.: Candidates must be pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and English. Candidates should have an additional subject in Mathematics, Biology, and Computer Science.
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|Freedom Fighter (FF)
|Ex-Defense Service Personnel
|Central & State Personnel
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goal)
||Up to 5%
|Schedule Caste (SC)
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)
GCET 2023 Application Form
The Application form of GCET 2023 has to be filled offline. The application form can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates should download the application form in A4 sheet, fill it and submit it to the official Venue before the last date decided by the authority. After the submission of the form, candidates get an acknowledgment card and registration number as a token of proof for the application submission.
- The application fee for GCET 2023 will be INR 2000/-.
- The fee can be paid through by Demand Draft payable at Panaji, in favor of “Director of Technical Education” drawn on any Scheduled Bank, or any other approved form of remittance.
- Exam Pattern is divided into 3 sections viz. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
- Every correct answer adds 1 mark to your final score.
- Total marks allotted for exam 225.
- The time to attend the exam will be 6 hours
GCET 2023 Counselling
- The registration for the counseling process will be started from the 3rd week of May 2023.
- Students will select the seat on the rank on the list.
- All students should carry all educational documents including admit cards at the time of counseling.
- Reserved categories seats will be merged with the general category at the end of each round of the admission process.
- Students have to bring the original required documents including 10th and 12th mark sheets, caste certificate, domicile, character certificate, passport size photo, at the time of admission.
- Students are invited to counseling on the merit list.
- If the students fail to appear for the admission rounds, their seats will be transferred to the other students in the merit list.
Documents Required for Counseling
- Aadhaar Card
- Acknowledgment card with photograph
- College/school-leaving certificate
- Residence certificate
- Copy of need admit card
- Date of birth certificate
- Photograph on the form
- Statement of marks /certificate/provisional certificate of passing HSSC
College Participating in GCET 2023
|Goa Medical College
||Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
|Goa College of Pharmacy
||Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
|Goa College of Engineering
||Shree Rameshwar Institute of Engg. & Info Tech.
|Goa College of Architecture
||Gomantak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya & Research Centre
|Institute of Nursing Education
||Vrindavan Institute of Nursing Education, Colvale
|Goa Dental College & Hospital
||P.E. S.Rajaram & Tarabai Bandekar College of Pharmacy
|Don Bosco College of Engineering
||Shri Kamaxidevi Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
- Physics: Atoms and nuclei, Electrostatics and Current electricity, Electromagnetic waves, Electronic devices, and Communication systems, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Optics, Electromagnetic induction, and alternating currents
- Mathematics: Relation and functions, Algebra, Vectors, and three-dimensional geometry, Linear programming, Probability
- Chemistry Syllabus: Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, General principles and processes of isolation of elements, P-block elements, D and F block elements, Coordination compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, phenols and ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and carboxylic acids, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Bio-molecules, Polymers
Official Website: https://dte.goa.gov.in/