GNDU Admissions 2017 will be conducted soon. Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) invites applications from eligible applicants to offer admission to UG & PG courses. The admission criteria are different for different courses. GNDU Admissions 2017 is to be planned and the applicants are advised to go through the information bulletin thoroughly before they start application procedure. The interested applicants can check all the related details of GNDU Admissions 2017 throughout this article below. The applicants need to fill online application form to get GNDU Admissions 2017 into various courses offered by GNDU. The online application form will be available from April 2017 (Different dates for different courses). GNDU has announced the schedule for GNDU Admissions 2017 and counseling for UG & PG courses. The applicants can check the schedule of counseling from the official website of the university.
GNDU Admissions 2017: Important Dates
|Name of the Course||Date of depositing the fee||Date of submission of the form|
|For Bachelor Level Courses/MBA(FYIC) / MCA(FYIC)/B.Pharmacy/ Bachelor of Tourism &Travel Management||02 to 20 June 2017||05 to 23 Jun 2017|
|For B.Tech. courses according to JEE Main2 017 score||22 May to 12 June 2017||24 May to 14 Jun 2017|
|B.Tech.(URP)/B.Architecture||28 to 10 Jul 2017||30 Jun to 13 Jul 2017|
|For MBA(Two Years)/MBA (Marketing Management)/ MBA (Financial Analysis)/MBA (Hospital Administration)||23 May to 15 Jun 2017||25 May to 20 Jun 2017|
|For M.Arch./M.Tech./Master of Planning (Infrastructure)||23 to 04 Jul 2017||26 Jun to 07 Jul 2017|
|For Master Level Courses/ M.C.A./ M.Ed./M.Pharmacy/B.P.Ed. B.Lib. & Inf. Sc||05 to 27 June 2017||07 to 30 June 2017|
|For courses which are to be offered by Foreign Languages and Urdu Persian Dept||02 Jun to 03 Jul 2017||05 Jun to 07 Jul 2017|
GNDU Admissions 2017: Courses Offered (Campus Wise)
At Amritsar Campus
MPhil– Punjabi, Sanskrit, Hindi, Religious Studies, Music (Vocal & Inst.).
Master’s degree courses– M.Ed (subject to approval of NCTE)/ M.Tech (Electronics & Comm. Eng.) Specialisation Comm. Systems, Computer Science & Eng., Urban Planning/ M.Arch. (Urban Design)/ M.Sc (Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Fermentation & Microbial Technology, Food Technology, Human Genetics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Physics, Zoology)/ MBA, MBA (Hospital Administration), MBA (FYIC), MCA (TYC), MCA (FYIC), Masters in Physiotherapy (Psorts), Master in Planning (Infrastructure), M.Com, M.Pharmacy, M.Lib & Inf. Science), M.P.Ed, LLM, M.Sc (Hons. School), Economics, MPA (Music Vocal), MPA (Music Instrumental)/ M.A (Business Economics, English, Education, Hindi, History Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Punjabi, Religious Studies, Sanskrit, Social Science, Sociology.
Bachelor’ degree courses– B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng., Electronics & Comm. Eng., Food Technology, Urban & Regional Planning/ Bachelor of Pshyciotherapy, B.Pharmacy, Bacelor of Tourism & Travel Mgmt., B.Sc (Hons. School), Chemistry, Human Genetics, Physics, LLB, B.A.LLB (Hons) (FYIC), B.Architecture, B.Lib. & Inf. Science, B.P.Ed, B.Sc (Hons. School), Economics, BA (Hons.) Social Science, BA (Hons. School) Punjabi.
Other courses– PG Diploma in Mental Health Counseling, PG Diploma in Translation/ Diploma (Full Time in French, Russian), Diploma (Part Time in French, German, Persian, Russian, Urdu)/ Certificate courses (Part Time in Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Persian, Russian, Urdu)/ Advanced Diploma courses (part Time in French, Persian, Russian, Urdu).
Self-financed courses– MBA (Financial Services, Marketing & Retail Mgmt.)
At Regional Campus, Jalandhar
M.Tech (Electronics & Comm. Eng.), Specialisations Comm. Systems, Computer Science & Eng., MA Journalism & Mass Communication, Punjabi, LLM, LLB, B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng.), Electronics & Comm. Eng, B.A LLB (Hons. FYIC).
At Regional Campus, Baba Bakala
MBA, B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng., Electronics & Comm. Eng., Civil Eng., Mechanical Eng.). MCA (TYC).
At Regional Campus, Fattu Dhingha (Sultanpur Lodhi)
B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng., Electronics & Comm Eng., MCA (TYC), MCA (FYIC), M.Sc (CS), BCA, B.Com, PGDCA).
At Regional Campus, Gurdaspur
M.Tech (Electronics & Comm. Eng.), Specialization Comm. Systems, Computer Science & Eng., MBA, MCA (TYC), B.ALLB (Hons.FYIC), B.Tech (Computer Science & Eng., Electronics & Comm. Eng., Evening Shift Courses), M.Com, B.Com.
At University College, Jalandhar
MBA, MCA (TYC), MBA (FYIC), M.Com, M.Sc (Mathematics), BBA, BCA, B.Com.
ASSM College, Mukandpur
MBA, MCA (TYC), M.Sc (IT), M.Com, M.A (Eco. & Pbi.), B.A, B.Sc, BCA, B.Com, BBA.
GNDU Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
A. Courses Common to Various Faculties
- Bachelor of Arts (Pass Course)
- Senior Secondary Certificate Part-II (12th Class) examination of the Punjab School Education Board. Or
- Any other equivalent examination recognised by this university, shall also be admitted to the Part-I examination if he fulfils other conditions such as combination of subjects and/or minimum percentage of marks required for that examination.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- A regular bonafide candidate may be offered Honours in any one of the three elective subjects taken up by him, provided he has obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in the subject concerned in the semester I and semester II examinations of the B.A./B.Sc (pass) course.
- a) The student of BA who opts for Hindi Patrakarita (Vocational subject) will also be eligible to study Honours in Hindi.
- b) The student of B.A. who opts for Functional English as elective subject for three years also be allowed to study honours in English, provided he has obtained atleast 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in functional English in semester I and semester II examinations.
- Bachelor of Science (Pass Course) / Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- 3 +2 with atleast 40% marks in aggregate in the concerned science group or equivalent examination.
- Master of Arts
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Faculty with 50% marks in aggregate or 45% marks in the subject concerned or equivalent examination.
- Master’s degree of this or another University in another subject or an another faculty.
- Add on Courses Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma
- He/She must be a regular student of TDC Part-I/II/III (any stream) in the affiliated college concerned, in the regular stream of this University.
B. Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (Journalism & Mass Communication)
- +2 of any recognized Board or University in any stream with atleast 50% marks .
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Must have passed B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. or
- A./M.Sc./M.Com. with 50% marks or equivalent examination.
- Master of Arts (Media Studies and Production)
- Graduation/Post-Graduation (10+2 System) under any stream with atleast 50% marks in aggregate from GNDU or any recognized University.
- Admissions strictly on merit of Entrance Test conducted by concerned college.
- Master of Arts (Journalism & Mass Communication)
- Bachelor/ Master Degree in any discipline or equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate.
- Master of Arts (Police Administration) (for Regular Candidates)
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks in aggregate or 45% marks in one of the following subjects:
- Psychology, Economics, Sociology, Pub. Adm., Pol. Science, History, Anthropology, any discipline of Management, Social Work, Criminology, Arts or Social Sciences. Or
- Graduate Police Officers with Ten years of service and is a Police officer in Police Department. Or
- Master’s Degree of this University in any subject in any Faculty; or equivalent degree from another University.
- Master of Arts (Police Administration) ( for Private Candidates)
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with 50% marks. Or
- Graduate Police Officials with five years of service shall also be eligible.
- Diploma in Library Science
- +2 examination with 40% marks in aggregate with English as one of the subject or equivalent examination.
- Diploma in Counseling
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate with Psychology as one of the subjects.
C. Faculty of Sciences
- Bachelor of Food Science & Technology (BFST)(Hons.)
- +2 (Science group) with 40% marks or any other examination equivalent thereto.
- Bachelor of Science (Home Science)
- +2 from P.S.E.B. or any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto (with English as Compulsory Subject).
- Master of Science (Mathematics)
- A./ B.Sc. with 50% marks in aggregate and having Mathematics as one of the subjects. Or Equivalent Qualification
- Post graduate Diploma in Cosmetology, Post graduate Diploma in Garment Construction and Fashion Designing.
- Passed B.A./B.Com./B.Sc. and B.Sc. (Home Science) examination of the Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar with a minimum of 45% marks or any other examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto.
- Master of Science (Physics)
- Passed B.Sc. degree (10+2+3 system) with (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) or (Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science) or (Physics, Mathematics and Electronics) with at least 50% marks from GNDU or any other examination recognized equivalent thereto by the University.
- Master of Science (Chemistry)
- Passed B.Sc. degree (10+2+3 system) with Chemistry as one of the elective subject with at least 50% marks from GNDU or any other examination recognized equivalent thereto by the University.
- Master of Science (Fashion Designing & Merchandising)
- Passed B.A. with Fashion Designing and Garment Construction/Home Science/ B.Sc. Home Science/Bachelor of Design (specialization Fashion Design)/B.Sc. Fashion Design or PG Diploma in Dress Designing and Tailoring/PG Diploma in Fashion Designing or B.A. degree with Fashion Designing as an Add on Course under (10+2+3 system) with at least 45% marks from GNDU or any other equivalent examination from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Diploma courses in Home Science: (Diploma in Cosmetology and Stitching and Tailoring)
- Passed 10+2 examination with at least 40% marks in aggregate.
- Diploma in Food Production
- Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent with English as one of the subjects at 10th class level.
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Service
- Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent with English as one of the subjects at 10th class level
|Defence Personnel and their wards(Sons, Daughters and Spouses)||2|
GNDU Admissions 2017: Application Fee
- The application fee is
Rs. 600/- for SC / ST Category).
Rs. 1200/- (for General Category).
For B.Tech courses the one time counselling fee will Rs. 2000/- (except B.Tech URP).
- The application fee is to be deposited at any branch of State Bank of Patiala.
- The bank will issue a unique Journal ID after depositing the money in the bank.
GNDU Admissions 2017: Documents to bring at the time of Counselling
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate bearing testimony to date of birth;
- Detailed marks card of the qualifying examination.
- Character certificate from the Principal of the college/school last attended;
- Two recent passport size photographs duly attested by the Principal of the College/School last attended/gazetted officer. Photographs must be pasted on the Form with glue (Please do not use staple pins).
- Reservation certificate as applicable.(As per format applicable on Annexure-I to VI.)
- Residence certificate wherever applicable. (As per format applicable on Annexure-VII)
GNDU Admissions 2017: Documents to bring at the time of Counselling: for B.Tech./B.Arch. courses (except B.Tech. URP)
- Hard copy (printed version) of the online application form filled by the candidate in triplicate along with three sets of attested photocopies of the following documents.
- Detailed marks sheet of +2 or equivalent examination.
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate bearing testimony to date of birth.
- Reservation certificate as applicable.(As per format applicable on Annexure-I to VI.)
- Residence certificate.(As per format applicable on Annexure-VII)
- Character certificate from the Principal of the college/school last attended.
- JEE(Main)-2016 Admit Card.(For B.Tech. Courses)
- JEE(Main)-2016 Score/Rank Card.(For B.Tech. Courses)
- Valid NATA Score(for B.Arch. course only)
- Two recent passport size photographs duly attested by the Principal of the College/School last attended.
- Migration and Eligibility Certificate in case of candidates from other University/Boards.
Important details of GNDU Admissions 2017
- The admission for B.Tech courses at GNDU Campus (Except B.Tech Urban & Regional Planning) will be done based on All India JEE Main 2016.
- The applications for admission will only be accepted through online along with counseling fee of Rs. 2000/- after admission schedule is uploaded in the official website of GNDU.
- The admissions for B.Tech courses at GNDU Regional Campuses B, C, D & E as mentioned above, will be done individually by the Associate Dean/O.S.D of the concerned Regional Campus at their own level based on inter-se merit of aggregate scored in Physics, Chemistry, mathematics & English of 12thstandard with minimum 50% (45% for reserved categories).
- Admission to 2 years MBA (except at R.C Sathiala) program will be done based on GMET scheduled by University Business School.
- Admissions to all other Master’s level programs will be done based on Entrance Test except MA (Education)/ M.Ed/ PG Diploma in Translation/ PG Diploma in Mental Health Counseling.