GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission 2023: Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar was founded on November 24, in 1969. GNDU Amritsar invites online applications for GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission. Nearly 20,000 students have enrolled in different programs and affiliated colleges of GNDU. It offers various UG level and PG levels and also M.Phil. and Ph.D. at the Research level. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Merit in the qualifying Entrance Exam. Candidates can register for GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission online by obtaining the Application Form via the official university website.
Following students are exempted from Eligibility Test
- The UGC (NET)/UGC-CSIR (JRF) Exam/SLET/ GATE/ GPAT/ ICAR/ INSPIRE/ Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees/teacher-fellowship holders.
- Passed M. Phil from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
Following students can be enrolled any time during the session
- The UGC/ CSIR/ INSPIRE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees or candidates who are awarded fellowships directly by these or other funding agencies for the purpose of pursuing a Ph.D.
- NET/GATE qualified project fellows appointed against financed projects of at least two years duration.
Check Here: GNDU Admission 2023
Departments of PhD
|Physics||Physiotherapy||Food Science & Technology|
|Planning||Architecture||School of Social Sciences|
|Sociology||Biotechnology||Sports Science & Medicine|
GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Last date to apply||To be Announced|
|Date of entrance test||To be Announced|
|Date and venue of counselling||To be Announced|
|Generation of bank slip ends on||January 2023|
|Online fee payment ends on||January 2023|
- Master’s degree of Guru Nanak Dev University or an equivalent degree of recognized Indian University in the subject concerned or allied-field.
- The above qualification should be passed with at least 55% marks (6.18 CGPA out of 10).
- For SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled candidates, the criteria would be 50% marks (5.62 CGPA out of 10).
- The Registration Fee of GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission 2023 for all other categories will be Rs. 1200.
- The fee for SC/ST candidates will be Rs. 600.
- The Registration Fee for Foreign/NRI Students is US$ 500.
- Candidates can pay the registration fee either in the State Bank of India through bank challan or can be deposited online.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- The Ph.D. Eligibility Test will be only a qualifying exam/step for participating in the counselling for admission.
- The other conditions will be as per the prevailing Ordinances of the university for its PhD Programmes.
- The syllabus of the test will be the same as prescribed for UGC-NET conducted by respective regulatory bodies.
- The syllabus for the test will be notified by the concerned Head of the Dept for the subjects where NET is not conducted.
Ph.D. Admissions 2023 – Check Here
- There will be two question papers.
- The first paper will be compulsory and common to all candidates.
- It will consist of 25 multiple-choice questions of general awareness and mental ability.
- The test will carry 25 marks
- The second paper will be subjected to specific.
- There will be 50 objective-type questions.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- 5 short answer-type questions (out of 15).
- Each question carries 5 marks.